is dealer ripping me off?

This is a discussion on is dealer ripping me off? within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Alright here's the deal. The local shop didn't have a 08 pearl blue in stock so they are going to ...

is dealer ripping me off?

Alright here's the deal. The local shop didn't have a 08 pearl blue in stock so they are going to purchase it directly from another dealership and resell it to me, but the only bad thing is that they are going drive it instead of trailer. It's about 150 miles but that's not what I'm worried about, it's the driver. If it was me I would probably beat the **** out of it because it's not mine although that's probably not the ethical thing to do. Now they are going to charge me for transporting it even though I have no obligation to buy until I have inspected it myself and is satisfied with it. Also it's different when you drive out of the dealership with 9 miles compared to 150 even if it's highway.

-So are they fair that they are going to charge me for transportation?

Overall they wouldn't lose that much money anyways when you consider the 2x labor and cost of gas for one car to go there and two cars on the way back.

And it's not that I won't go pick it up myself, it's just that it's more convenient.

thanks for any input or anyone that works at a dealership

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I was talking to a local sales man they said they could get any color WRX in a day no charge. But that was two years ago (before $4 gas), and there are 6 subie dealers in my area.

How much are they going to charge you to transport it 150 miles?
    That is quite a ways, have you considered buying the car from the other dealer directly?

Welcome to ClubWRX!

No. Pick it up yourself if you don't want them to the drive the 150 miles. They are probably doing a dealer trade and are having someone drive up the car they are trading out of stock for your car. The guy needs something to drive back.

My car had been to three different dealerships and had 500 miles on it before I picked it up. The thing runs fine.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    When I was talking to a local sales man they said they could get any color WRX in a day no charge. But that was two years ago (before $4 gas), and there are 6 subie dealers in my area.

How much are they going to charge you to transport it 150 miles?
    That is quite a ways, have you considered buying the car from the other dealer directly?

Welcome to ClubWRX!
    thanks for the welcome. There's only 1 blue in the entire state of WI so that's pretty much my choice and I doubt it that the twin cities or even Chicago might have some left. They haven't gotten a price quote back yet but if it cost more than driving than I'd rather do that. And specs on that blue is base wrx with spt cat-back and front grille which is what I prefer over subs and wheel locks. They're also charging less for the pearl blue $23994 before tax and license; the other one is about 1 grand more for things I can buy cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    No. Pick it up yourself if you don't want them to the drive the 150 miles. They are probably doing a dealer trade and are having someone drive up the car they are trading out of stock for your car. The guy needs something to drive back.

My car had been to three different dealerships and had 500 miles on it before I picked it up. The thing runs fine.
    From what they told me it wasn't a trade. They're buying it at invoice and reselling it. Picking it up might be the only choice but we'll see what deal they'll give me once they get back to me with the quote and I back out. The only reason I'm still there negotiating is because that salesman was really helpful. He let me test drive the WRX 3 times and a Mazda CX9 twice, all on different days. But, if it really comes down to it, I'll have to buy from another shop.