Car decision
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car decision within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; With rising gas prices and high insurance rates my first car is being a very hard decision, I am not ...

Car decision

With rising gas prices and high insurance rates my first car is being a very hard decision, I am not really sure of many cars maintence costs,insurance and etc costs other then that of the actual car. I live in New Jersey and i like to surf alot so that a big ocnsideraiton. I also snowboard in the winters.I'm also going to be going to college in a year and will be bringing my car.I am going to get 7,000 from my parents and then the rest is my own. I am going to try to have around 11,000-13,000. Also my parents say they will pay insurce for what a regular car would be then i have to pay differance for a sportcar or whatever.So i have some questions...
    1. Private party or dealer
    -My parents don't want me to go private becuase they are afraif of prolblems, but i think i could pay a mechanic to check the car over, am i correct?
    - Theres a delaer near me that sepcializes in auctions and oculd get me the car not too bad of price and ther would be warranties added to it
    2. Which car best overal? Insurance, GAS, Maintence, SPEED, Overall looks/ interior quality
    3. Car and bike
    - prob bad idea with college, low quality car
    Ex. Wrx wagon, wrx, 2.5i, Rsx-S, Mini Cooper-S, Maza Protege5, etc
    Last edited by importfan878; 07-01-2008 at 07:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone?

for WRX, you are probably stuck with a 02 or 03 for that money. I dont think you'll hit the realm of an 04 or 05.

for a used car, def private party to save a lot of money.

my insurance almost doubled going from a 2006 xterra to a 2005 wrx..
    2011 VW GTI - K04

if you have 11000 and ur parent r giving you 7000 you could get an 04 and 05 in good shape maybe a 06.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

18K will get you a very good condition 05-06 in NY, so Jersey shouldn't be TOO much different. You can get a mechanic to look over the car, and I wouldn't even think about getting a used car without doing so. Read the post in this forum, "How to buy a used WRX or STI", lots of good things to look for.

Insurance will be high if the car is in your name, so get a couple quotes before you commit.

Good luck.

I will only have 11-12000 not 18000 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by importfan878 View Post
    I will only have 11-12000 not 18000 thanks
    ya i knew that, and was waiting for you to say it. Thats why I said 2002-2003.
    2011 VW GTI - K04

Start looking at 2.5 RS's....if you want a Subaru, they'll be the best combination of performance, reliability, fuel economy, and good price.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.