2005 STi Stock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 STi Stock within the NWS: Local For Sale Only ! forums, part of the North Western States category; I new this day would come. It is time to buy a house and I need to reduce my debt. ...

Stock 2005 STi in Gresham, Or

I new this day would come. It is time to buy a house and I need to reduce my debt. The car is crystal gray metallic with 32000 miles. I started the price high because I need break even if I am going to sell it. The dealer offered to buy it back for 21000 but I think I can do better selling it privately. The car is bone stock with the exception of 245/45/17 bridgestone re01-r tires arounf 4000 miles ago and rallyarmor mudflaps. Like I said, I would like to get 25000 but I am flexable.

Car is located in Gresham, Or.
    Last edited by Toyotachaos; 06-24-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: To add details about car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

?????

No offers yet??? If anyone is interested shoot me an offer. I am flexable on price.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotachaos View Post
    I new this day would come. It is time to buy a house and I need to reduce my debt. Here is the craigslist add with some pics.

check it out at: portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/721142295.html
    I tried looking at craigslist and couldnt find it...
    How much do you want for it???

I would like to get 25,500 out of it since I have been able to resist the tunning bug and keep the car straight and clean. I am open to offers though. Sorry about the link, craigslist keeps flagging my posts for some reason. I think it is because I reposted the same item within seven days since I didn't originally have any pics up.

You need to put the location of the car in the title of the thread or it'll get deleted. Just put the two letter state code.

Your asking price is too high btw. You don't state the mileage, but assuming normal mileage for that year i.e. ~30-40k, you should be looking at 2-3k lower than your asking price.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    depending on color id buy for 20gs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Lowered price

I am still trying to sell this car. 23,500 obo

Banned
    the value on edmunds.com is around 20k. add a grand if its certified.

value

KBB says 24,000
    Edmonds says 22000 for private party or 24000 for certified
    Dealer offered me a check for 21500 they sell them used for 27000

I think I can do better than what the dealer offered me, and plus I have never really trusted Edmunds or KBB. Plus it is stock and was never beat on like most STi's.

what dealer did you tak to that offered that? I need to sell my 2004 and I would like to find a dealer that is that aggressive.

Thanks and good luck with the sale

Dealer

I had originally taken the car to Gresham Nissan/Subaru and got the quote for 21500. Then after I had the car on craigslist for a couple of weeks I decided that this was fair and went back to try to off the car. The finance guy told me a completely different story this time. He said he would not be interested in the car for anything over 18000. I think your best bet would be craigslist. I was contacted by a broker that ended up giving me 22000 for the car after some negotiations. I felt this was still a little low because the car was spotless. Oh well. Best of luck to you though.

18k that sounds more realalistic... what brooker? Does he buy subarus in general? Do you have his contact info?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyotachaos View Post
    I had originally taken the car to Gresham Nissan/Subaru and got the quote for 21500. Then after I had the car on craigslist for a couple of weeks I decided that this was fair and went back to try to off the car. The finance guy told me a completely different story this time. He said he would not be interested in the car for anything over 18000. I think your best bet would be craigslist. I was contacted by a broker that ended up giving me 22000 for the car after some negotiations. I felt this was still a little low because the car was spotless. Oh well. Best of luck to you though.
    Same thing happened to me when I tried to offload my STI, no one wanted it on their lot. The reason being is that the depreciation is excessive, my car value dropped $5000 in a month on my 04, its a specialty car and only a certain demographic of people purchase them and they dont have any money. I was never offered a good rate like you have. You have to saw off your arm to make them take the car, it was really depressing. I was told $15K for my car at the highest. I went somewhere else and got $21K after demodded.

Glad you got a good price. good luck with your house.
    08 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition "Zee German"
    04 STI WRB "Jelly Bean" sold

Genesis 4:20 "...And God put a quarter in the plastic egg machine and the toy inside was man." Porkz

Quote Originally Posted by bneth360 View Post
    18k that sounds more realalistic... what brooker? Does he buy subarus in general? Do you have his contact info?
    Yea right you ppl are rediculous...the dealers are selling 05 STi's with 20-40kmiles for 25-28k.

18k for an 05STi with 32k miles is a rip off in my all out honest opinion. I got my 05 STi, 21kmiles for 24k....they wanted 27k, but i know how to work a salesman, so i complained about a few things and talked him down
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

way to high of a asking price.... if you look at the market.. its not doing so well. alot of people on nasioc and other sites are selling well maintained / modded and stock STI's for much less. just so you know not trying to bring down your sell.. but maybe it will help if you lower it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast