The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 97
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ... so a front sway does make a difference? I also considered getting them subframe locking somethingorothers... let me know ...

... so a front sway does make a difference? I also considered getting them subframe locking somethingorothers... let me know if they make any difference... I'm gonna be doing a few mods this summer but need to prioritize [breast enhancements are #1 right now..:lol:]
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    ... so a front sway does make a difference? I also considered getting them subframe locking somethingorothers... let me know if they make any difference... I'm gonna be doing a few mods this summer but need to prioritize [breast enhancements are #1 right now..:lol:]
    There's some really good info in this thread about swaybars:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879235

I should add that I have an adjustable rear, and bumped it up to full stiff when I put the front bar on. Previously I was running it in the middle setting (22mm) for summer. So I went from 19/22 f/r to 22/24. And actually, I was just running it on full soft for the winter, so the change I just made was 19/20 to 22/24, which makes it feel like a completely different car.

I also upgraded all the endlinks to solid aluminum, which doesn't hurt
    Last edited by Wade-0; 04-06-2006 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Fixed my bar rates

weird timing, i just got a message from a subie guy offering a cobb front swaybar for 100 bucks...maybe i should take some action.

a guy at teh local auto-X had ONLY a front sway and racing tires on his STi and he did pretty well..

andrew said the 2.5L wasnt as good because the 2.2 from whoever had forged internals, but doesnt the 2.5 as well? i told him sinc ehe has the cash to go with the 2.8 from crawford and amaybe a gt35R or something...
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    weird timing, i just got a message from a subie guy offering a cobb front swaybar for 100 bucks...maybe i should take some action.

a guy at teh local auto-X had ONLY a front sway and racing tires on his STi and he did pretty well..
    In some AutoX classes only the front is legal

andrew said the 2.5L wasnt as good because the 2.2 from whoever had forged internals, but doesnt the 2.5 as well? i told him sinc ehe has the cash to go with the 2.8 from crawford and amaybe a gt35R or something...
    If you're talking about a built engine, then the internals are whatever you can afford.

I Support ClubWRX
    You can run whatever suspension set up you want, your just going to be put into a different class. I suggest to pick up the SCCA rule book, and decide what class you want to be in, and mod around that.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

It used to be the trend to just run a big rear bar, but it seems like these days most people are recommending HUGE front bars, and only slightly larger rears (at least compared to the 02/03 20mm stock rear bar). I'm not sure if that's just from years of experimentation, or if it's driven more by the AutoX classes that only allow front bar modifications. I'm talking serious front bars though, like 27-29mm compared to the stock 19mm. At any rate, I'd definitely recommend bumping up your front bar at least a couple sizes (21-22), it dramatically changes the roll characteristic and grip while cornering.

Anyone feel like a road trip on Sunday? We'd have to leave pretty early to make it at a decent hour:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976211

Install is starting at my house right now, Wade will be over in a bit to put on his pulley. If you guys aren't interested in the install, we'll also be driving the butte falls loop once the installs are finished. All are welcome.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

hey guys-
    so should i buy a cobb front swaybar (25mm) if its 100 bucks pretty much brand new? i think i might have to. i went for a really fun drive last night up the Dead INdian with these guys in their 240 drift car..(think i told the story of his crash in his last 240 on here?) anyways it made me realize i need some more handling and better brakes in the future.
    as far as the sway bars, im not too concerned with SCCA rules, i may not auto-x this car again, if i do ill just have to move up a class, im not too competitive so eh..
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

hey guys-
    so should i buy a cobb front swaybar (25mm) if its 100 bucks pretty much brand new? i think i might have to.
    I would. Since the Cobb bars are hollow, do you know what the equivalent size would be for a solid bar? You should probably start shopping for a beefier rear bar and do them both at the same time. But I would definitely buy the Cobb if it's in good shape. They make nice stuff.

yeah, its brand new. im not sure about the equivalence to a non-hollow bar, but i would want hollow anyway and 25mm seems about right, seems like a worthy upgrade i mean. from what i know, its brand new, never been used. won't fit on his RS.
    i think i might go watch the rally in hillsboro...

i think i might go watch the rally in hillsboro...
    get a job you bastard [expressing my frustration of having to work evey damn weekend.]

So... I've got a choice here between 02 wrx rims w/ bridgestone RE950s (not re92s) at somewhere over half tread-- $470 shipped

or

01 RS rims (I think that's the year - the one w/ the skinny straight spokes) w/ cheap kumho solus allseasons w/ over 80% tread-- $450 picked up in salem

...Any thoughts? I'm leaning toward the second option cause I like the rims so much more, and I don't like the idea of paying $100 to ship the other ones...

If it were me, I'd take the RS rims and put different rubber on them. Those are one of the few 16" rims that will clear the subaru 4pots, if you ever happen to go that route. And the WRX rims are just plain boring.

That's pretty much my view- I've had wrx rims- and yeah, pretty bland. The rs rims have sharper cuts on them and would look much better on a lowered GF wagon, imo. Also, the rs rims are 16x7 which allows for a wider tire if I want to (the kumhos on there now are only 205/55/16)... not much protection from curbs...

So you can fit 215 width tires on 6.5" rims- what can 7"ers handle (I think I can only run up to 215 w/out rubbing issues... but the offset on these may make a difference in that- who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    If it were me, I'd take the RS rims and put different rubber on them. Those are one of the few 16" rims that will clear the subaru 4pots, if you ever happen to go that route. And the WRX rims are just plain boring.

I'm running 225's on a set of 7" rims, no problem. I'd think 225/50R16 would probably be fine, but you might want to check around (some of the RS boards would probably have this topic well covered).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.