The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 95
Page 95 of 188 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2806

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Wade-0 Sounds like Steve, maybe, but he has gold OZ Superleggeras. That's what I thought too, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Sounds like Steve, maybe, but he has gold OZ Superleggeras.
    That's what I thought too, but Steve's superleggera's gold bling bling and are hard to miss. On that topic, mounted my subzeros up today... I now have a ninja car
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    That's what I thought too, but Steve's superleggera's gold bling bling and are hard to miss. On that topic, mounted my subzeros up today... I now have a ninja car
    Let me know how you like those new tires after you put a few hundred miles on them. Mine felt super greasy for the first 400 or so, especially in the rain. After that, they were awesome. I think I'll switch back this weekend, the winters are starting to drive me nuts.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

the winters are starting to drive me nuts.
    I hear ya brotha- can't wait till I find something to slap on... may end up buying a nice new shiny setup (well, not shiny... bronze/anthracite- you get the pic)...

Man I bet that looks mean as hell Troy-

so nobody else interested in rallyx?...
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

havent been on in a while... on vacation. the go-kart i would get is a 150cc shifter, around 3.5k.. my bike could go for 1k and that would allw me to get it..
    but i might go with neither for now, no new turbo, no kart.. probably going to save for an 80's bmw in a few years, stage 2 is enough for me to play with now. i will probably go back and forth wanting the new turbo because that would be rediculously fun but maybe unnecessary.

andy- sounds like a plan, i'll PM ya when i get a chance.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    I hear ya brotha- can't wait till I find something to slap on... may end up buying a nice new shiny setup (well, not shiny... bronze/anthracite- you get the pic)...

Man I bet that looks mean as hell Troy-

so nobody else interested in rallyx?...
    Picked up a set of 06 WRX stockers (17x7) including RE-92's with only 500 miles on them, for $500. Nice lightweight rims for my wife's RS, about 17lbs, not exactly pretty IMHO, but she's excited
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I'm still looking... but I'd agree, and I like the 02-03 stockers MUCH better.

I'm on vac. too now, kinda... visiting friends/family on the coast... then back to workin like a biznitch

I think I found wheels (rota tarmac I's for under $400 shipped) , so now I'm looking at tires... I can get 4 ecsta 711s from tirerack for under $250 shipped.... any thoughts on those? They are rated well on there... but you think I should consider putting more money into the rubber? I don't want to pay more than I need to; would I regret 'skimping' on the tires?

err... what about Sumitomo brand? any thoughts? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...e=&sortValue=0 or the ASXs or the 712s? ...you think they are $30 better than the 711s?

...I also checked www.discounttire.com, they don't really have anything as cheap as the kumhos on tirerack...

also, anyone heard of Satisfied brand brake pads? Ther'e on clearance on tirerack for my car for $20 for a set- down from $70 or somethin

...I'd appreciate any advise...

here's the wheels:
    Last edited by the_black_one; 03-30-2006 at 10:43 AM.

I haven't heard too many good things about Sumimoto, but then again I've never owned any. I would say ask around a bit more before you do buy some.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

me neither- that's why I'm leaning toward the kumhos

I just got a nice little package from PDX today, Axis ultimate pads and SS brake lines. Anyone want to come show/help me put them on

I just got a nice little package from PDX today, Axis ultimate pads and SS brake lines. Anyone want to come show/help me put them on
    God Troy, you're such a copycat.

Prepare for the neverending brake dust! Nice thing about those black rims, it won't really show. The Axxis Metalmasters I used to run had a reddish/brown brake dust, and it took about 3 days to completely coat my wheels. The Ultimates take about 4, but the dust is black so it doesn't really bug me until about 7

God Troy, you're such a copycat.
    Its not my fault that you do everything first, the right way. So I did a bit of reading and it seems like a pretty simple deal. Anything I should know about before I dive into this project tomorrow?

Its not my fault that you do everything first, the right way. So I did a bit of reading and it seems like a pretty simple deal. Anything I should know about before I dive into this project tomorrow?
    You got at least 2 cans of good brake fluid? If you need a flare nut wrench, I have one you can borrow. It makes it easy to get the stock lines off without messing up the super soft nuts on those hard line connections.

Also, I recommend buying some speed bleeders first. Makes bleeding the brakes by yourself a snap.

You got at least 2 cans of good brake fluid? If you need a flare nut wrench, I have one you can borrow.
    I would like to borrow that if its possible. OakTree tonight?
    Last edited by Essvar; 03-30-2006 at 04:49 PM.

I would like to borrow that if its possible. OakTree tonight?
    Of course!