Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#2,515 ·
Yeah, as long as you tell them everything you have on the car, odds are good that they have already had a few other cars on the dyno with similar mods that they can pull a map from.

Oh, I just heard back from the friend with the Honda alarm problem, here's what he said:

Thanks, Wade, and thank your friend. My wife had found the park/reset lock switch, which at least let us take the car out of gear, a comforting thought if we had to have it towed.

But as it turns out, I followed his advice (more or less) about tracing wires, only I did it from under the hood. Didn't even have to cut a wire, just popped the 15A fuse in the inline fuse holder. Car starts just fine now. I like the idea about removing the wires entirely, I think I'll do that before I send the car down to Medford, just so there's less chance of an accidental short re-arming the alarm.

#2,519 ·
hey has anyone here locally upgraded thier turbo?, the reason i ask is im starting to collect parts for the 510 and will probly be going with a custom set up and im looking for a small cheap turbo. the overall goal is something that will support 8-10lbs max and spool quik--oh ya and is cheap:) i thought about upgrading our rex with a GT series, but i just dont think the car really needs anymore reason to get bad gas milage and amber is pretty happy with the power the car has now.

#2,528 ·
thanks i hadnt thought of that...........though after a little more looking around i dont think that its going to be big enough.... i would probly get the quik spool that i want, but i would probably fall on its face and have boost spike issues in the higher rpms. i may just have to buckle down and go with the good old t3/t4 combo, it just sucks cause you can never really find a decent deal on one for less than six or seven hundred bucks.

#2,523 ·
thought I had it fixed...

Story: So, I trashed one wheel of mine and got a used replacement at les schwag - I made the mistake of assuming they'd check the size AND offset to make sure it was a match. A couple weeks later, I rotate my tires front to back, and notice that the 'new' wheel is actually rubbing the rear fender. It wasn't so obvious on the front, but now it's clear that I need a different wheel of the correct offset. I went back in to Schwab in Ashland to fix the problem- and they made me go back to the specific Schwab in Medford where I had it done initially. It turns out that they didn't have anything that would fit any better than the one that was rubbing, so they sent me on my way.

My question: Since they recommended and installed a wheel of the wrong size on my car- aren't they responsible for the damage my tire is receiving? If I just keep driving on it until it blows out- isn't that their fault technically? I guess I could use a new set of snow tires...

Bottom line: I need 1 suby steelie asap.

#2,524 ·
Story: So, I trashed one wheel of mine and got a used replacement at les schwag - I made the mistake of assuming they'd check the size AND offset to make sure it was a match. A couple weeks later, I rotate my tires front to back, and notice that the 'new' wheel is actually rubbing the rear fender. It wasn't so obvious on the front, but now it's clear that I need a different wheel of the correct offset. I went back in to Schwab in Ashland to fix the problem- and they made me go back to the specific Schwab in Medford where I had it done initially. It turns out that they didn't have anything that would fit any better than the one that was rubbing, so they sent me on my way.

My question: Since they recommended and installed a wheel of the wrong size on my car- aren't they responsible for the damage my tire is receiving? If I just keep driving on it until it blows out- isn't that their fault technically? I guess I could use a new set of snow tires...

Bottom line: I need 1 suby steelie asap.
Bottom line, Les Schwab thinks they can get away with treating you like an idiot. Heres the deal, go down there with some education on what THEY need to do for you. IE go to another tire shop and ask what would happen IF questions. Go to Schwab and stand your ground and make them fix it. Les Schwab is a cowboy company with a cowboy owner, stand firm and they will do what is right to fix it. (I HATE LES SCHWAB..)

#2,525 ·
i second that, i freakin hate les schwab!!!!:mad: they will try to give you the shaft every time they can. the final straw for me was this: Amber took my crx down to them and got four new tires and a four wheel alignment. a few days later i get a call at work from Amber, shes stuck on the freeway with a flat.....i call schwab and tell them our car is on I5 and has a flat after having new tires a few days. they tell me that its probly gonna take two or three hours for them to get there and it gonna cost me 85 bucks for a service call! what happened to thier free road side assistance? So i get some tools from BO leave work, go swap cars with amber, put on a spare and limp the car to schwab. go inside and tell them what happened. they tell me they will have the car back to me in a half an hour. three hours later i get a call.....my wheel is bent......my alignment is off.......they cant get my brand of wheels and is gonna cost me around 400 bucks to fix everything...........i snap.........go across the street and rip everyone there a new one. they tell me that they arent at fault in any way. i call my lawyer. 30 mins later the manager comes into honda with my keys and kisses my ass for 20 min with no charge for anything. now i only buy my wheels and tires online and have advantage mount and balance them. moral of the story either dont go to schwab or get a good lawyer and always have his cell number:)

#2,526 ·
yeah. They thought I was retarded. One tool told me it was my alignment that was causing one of my wheels to stick out an inch and a half further than all the others. Coincidentally it happened to be the same wheel they sold me.

Thanks for the advise. Any recommendations for a friendly tire shop to visit and ask a few questions?

#2,527 ·
I've been buying my tires from Ed's Tire Factory. Before that I always bought them at Advantage, I just switched to Ed's when I needed something that they didn't carry. Never had to deal with any warranty issues though, so I can't really say if they're any good in that dept.

#2,535 ·
I dont know......after adding up everything dollar for dollar i think im just going to bite the bullet and go with an sr20, to bad its almost physically impossible to wedge an ej20 in there.......can u imagine the look on someones face hearing that boxter rumble coming out of a 510?

#2,548 ·
I replaced mine when I installed the lightened pulley. That was probably around 40K, and they were in bad shape. I'd recommend getting them from Subaru (local dealership or online). I tried twice at Napa and Shucks, and got the wrong belts both times. Ended up having my wife swing by SOSVM to pick up the right ones. Dunno what it is about these cars, but the local parts stores NEVER have anything that fits :mad:

#2,539 · (Edited)
Supposedly when I bought my car they did a 60k. Well... 1100 miles and a year later my alternator belt looks like the liberty bell. I guess I will get some new plugs, fuel filter and alternator belt. Heres the deal, I want to remove the a/c belt.. Not a fan of the a/c anyway. The pulley that is the tensioner for the ac compressor... Does it power anything.. Like a water pump?

#2,540 ·
Not a fan of the a/c anyway.
Would be if you lived 6 hours south....

Personally I'd leave it, I mean this isn't a D1.6 here Bo, how much drag on the system is their with the clutch disengaged?

The pulley that is the tensioner for the ac compressor... Does it power anything.. Like a water pump?
I believe the AC belt is separate and the serpentine does power steering and everything else.

#2,544 ·
hey guys, so one of my employees is getting married on the 22nd of March. They are having a baby and like most of us dont really have a ton of cash to drop on a wedding.

CHALLENGE:

He needs a spot for the reception, doesnt want to spend much cash. Needs to be indoors since its going to be cold outside. Doesnt necessarily need food, they could go elsewhere for finger type foods for cheaper. Most people want a place to dance so dance floor would probably be nice but doesnt need to have a dj they can find one of those as well. If you guys remember the beginning of this thread his brother is Biggs, so help out a local WRXer :thumbup: any ideas let me know!

#2,547 ·
Dallas do you have the stock wheels off your 05 with the bald tires still? Just wondering if I could maybe borrow them in april or may. I got a sweet quote on a two toned wheel powdercoating and I need wheels to get my car to just sit on in my garage. You think I could borrow em?

#2,550 ·
ya just give me a call when you need them, we need to get out 5 zigen rims powder coated and fix a couple of curb marks, see how much for another set of rims for me too.--hey as anyone else got a flyer on thier car from some mike guy about joining the southern oregon impreza club?.......amber found a flyer on her car today.

#2,551 ·
Im not really sure when I will need them. If you want the number for where to get them done give me a call. I got a really cheap quote, I can almost get the whole set done for the price I got quoted for 1 previously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.