The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 187 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by AlienPunk I quit smoking on tuesday, I havent had a cigg since. I figure if I can ...

Quote Originally Posted by AlienPunk
    I quit smoking on tuesday, I havent had a cigg since. I figure if I can make it a few more days the cravings will go away.
    Way to go!

I quit over 2 years ago. The cravings never go away, they just get easier to deal with. I think it was worst during the 3rd and 4th weeks. Just stay away from bars that allow smoking, and friends that might try and get you to cheat.

And then buy mods with the extra $150 a month you save on smokes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Way to go!

I quit over 2 years ago. The cravings never go away, they just get easier to deal with. I think it was worst during the 3rd and 4th weeks. Just stay away from bars that allow smoking, and friends that might try and get you to cheat.

And then buy mods with the extra $150 a month you save on smokes

Thats the plan!

But...its sooooooooo tempting..

My mind keeps telling me "go ahead, go buy a pack, a pack a week is fine, its better then over a pack a day, you will be fine if you just have one. Just cheat and have one. Just one, and I will stop bothering you"

"shut up brain, I will just drown you with booze, how do you like that..huh..huh.."..."you shut up too liver...eff you and your sugar..."
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Thats the plan!

But...its sooooooooo tempting..

My mind keeps telling me "go ahead, go buy a pack, a pack a week is fine, its better then over a pack a day, you will be fine if you just have one. Just cheat and have one. Just one, and I will stop bothering you"

"shut up brain, I will just drown you with booze, how do you like that..huh..huh.."..."you shut up too liver...eff you and your sugar..."
    Or you could do what I did and just smoke something else when you get the craving for a cigarette

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Or you could do what I did and just smoke something else when you get the craving for a cigarette

hahaha ..if that was the case, all my mod money would be gone elsewhere. I would be a walking zombie right now...

I best wait until I at least get off work to partake

My mind is going nuts at the moment. I keep thinking of all these things, "just go buy a pack, and smoke one a day, then you will get sick, and you wont want any..or just start again, and get your money back from the hypnosis, and then go a week then buy the patches...or just start smoking again, and say screw it...argh, shut up brain
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP

I would be a walking zombie right now...
    That's kind of the point It's easier to quit smoking when you can't remember that you wanted a cigarette

Buy yourself a box of chewing gum.

Glad to hear you've quit smoking! The rough stuff is just beginning but if you stick it out you'll be reaping the rewards later.

Goodbye ciggs Hello, Subaru mod fund!

Good luck with the quitting smoking. I did the same thing about a year ago. I started to smoke a lot less Christmas of 03 and finally stopped May of 04. That's what worked for me. I just smoked less and less until I could just quit. Haven't smoked a cig since, although I have smoked cigars and a few other herbs and chemicals. Try not to make it a big deal or stress on it. Just visualize not smoking in your head like it's perfectly normal for you. Instead of, "I'm quitting smoking" think "I don't smoke." It wasn't too hard for me to quit, but I don't have an addictive personality. I've used a lot harder substances than tobacco regularly in the past and didn't have a hard time quitting those either. I guess I'm lucky.

I just drove out to the Galesville reservoir after work and watched a kickass lightning show hitting the mountains around me. It was beautiful. One was close enough to blind me for a few seconds. Also got to test out the mudflaps. to Fastline Motorsports
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

thanks for all the support on the not smoking front!!

I went out to the bars on fri. night, and didn't smoke. Today, the cravings are gone so far. Which is awesome!

It is nice to have my brain back again, and not telling me what to do anymore.

I didn't make it to the growers market on saturday. Did everyone else have a good weekend?

The weather is getting nicer!! We should plan a picnic/bbq for around end of june or july.. Put it way in the future, so everyone can start to plan.
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP

I Support ClubWRX
    I went to eagle crest for the weekend, pretty nice, rained a lot. I gotta work saturday and put my car on the lift after work and take some pics, On my way back home from eagle crest my factory spoiler broke and beat the hell out of my trunk lid, now I am fighting with SOSVM to fix it, so far no luck because of the exhaust (idiots). Had some luck with subaru of america tho

Sorry to hear that Bo. SOSVM sucks the big one.

Hey Wade, you have Yokohama AVS ES100s on your car right? How do you like them? Depending on how much I can get approved for to buy a house, I might get some OZ Superleggeras and slap the Yokohama AVS ES100s on them.
    Last edited by Biggs; 04-28-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    I went to eagle crest for the weekend, pretty nice, rained a lot. I gotta work saturday and put my car on the lift after work and take some pics, On my way back home from eagle crest my factory spoiler broke and beat the hell out of my trunk lid, now I am fighting with SOSVM to fix it, so far no luck because of the exhaust (idiots). Had some luck with subaru of america tho

So what, are they trying to say the extra vibration from the aftermarket exhaust caused that? If the car is built to endure moderate rally driving (hence, WRX)- I'd assume that it should be able to stand up to significant road vibration, far more than any exhaust could produce.
    Anyway- good luck with that

-Andy

No, they're just using that as an excuse to avoid spending the money on his car.

Oh, I also tried taking my own oil/filter in to the oil stop place and seeing how much it would be to have them flip my fumoto valve, replace the filter, and pour in the new synthetic- 2 dollars off the reg. price. That's it. Yippee kay yay. I guess it's off to bi-mart to buy my own oil pan. And you said curbside recycling takes the old oil, right? I guess I'll have to add it to someone else's curbside pile, cause I live in an apt. complex.

I need to flush my tranny and diff's, though- and I was going to go back to the oil stop and have them do that. What kind/weight of gear oils would you recommend (that they carry)?
    Keep in mind I've got an older impreza w/ an AT- so I may not have much of a choice, afterall.
    Last edited by the_black_one; 04-28-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Oh, I also tried taking my own oil/filter in to the oil stop place and seeing how much it would be to have them flip my fumoto valve, replace the filter, and pour in the new synthetic- 2 dollars off the reg. price. That's it. Yippee kay yay. I guess it's off to bi-mart to buy my own oil pan. And you said curbside recycling takes the old oil, right? I guess I'll have to add it to someone else's curbside pile, cause I live in an apt. complex.

I need to flush my tranny and diff's, though- and I was going to go back to the oil stop and have them do that. What kind/weight of gear oils would you recommend (that they carry)?
    Keep in mind I've got an older impreza w/ an AT- so I may not have much of a choice, afterall.
    Yep, curbside will take your oil. I know Schucks will take your old oil too if you buy new oil from them. The best prices on Mobile 1 is at Costco or Wal Mart.
    For Tranny and Diff fluids, I'd recommend Redline ATF tranny fluid and Redline Gear oil. I don't recall what weights they are, but I can check when I get home.
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.