The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 86
Page 86 of 187 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Oh by the way, you wouldn't mind helping me out with my short shifter/bushings install would ya? I know how ...

Oh by the way, you wouldn't mind helping me out with my short shifter/bushings install would ya? I know how you love to get your hands dirty.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Troy you whack job, I just read back about a million pages and noticed you ran elk creek road. I happen to know that road and all the fun stuff up there like the back of my hand. (lived up there for 13 years) We should all go on a jaunt up that way so I can show you some fun roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedmonkey
    Oh by the way, you wouldn't mind helping me out with my short shifter/bushings install would ya? I know how you love to get your hands dirty.
    I've heard some horror stories about that install. So simple on a WRX, so different on an STI.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Geez Troy, don't go off and make the mistake all the noobs make, and blow your whole wad on power mods. What about braking and handling mods? You wouldn't want to put that lovely new FMIC into a wall now (I mean, you do seem to have a tendency towards frontend collisions).
    Don't worry, brakes are on the list.... your endlinks are too Springs are already done, so I don't have to worry about that. Maybe strut braces if I can find them cheap. Oh, and the ever popular tranny savings account (just incase)
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Oh, and the ever popular tranny savings account (just incase)
    I'm seriously considering upgrading my clutch before going stage 4. My stocker can barely handle stage 2, I don't think it's going to last much longer, and i don't want another stocker clutch to replace it. Probably going with ACT HD Street clutch and lightened flywheel, should be able to pick them up for under $700... installation is another thing.

hey guys....
    so not sure if i relayed the info on here but i am going with the normal 16G turbo and modded inj and walbro and either a discounted TurboXS TMIC form PDX or a crucial racing TMIC (its black, damn thats cool).
    im still saving up for all this, i have enough as it is but i want to earn more so i dont waste all my money...not that its wasting but, you know.

in other news, i'm getting a 1992 Subaru Loyale Wagon....for free! im excited. my brother has this car just for winter duties but doesn trally need it anymore....said i could just have it if i could bring it back form idaho.
    plus, i just got him a set of (old, used) wheels for his 1973 bmw 2002 for super cheap...

in subaru news my car kinda feels like sheisse, feels a little loose and stuff while driving...cant pinpoint it, but i know its related to the curb incident from my mom....

so who wants to help install a turbo in mid april?
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I might be able to help. Troy can attest to my wrench holding skills....

Some pics from my recent Elk Creek "spirited driving" session.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ElkCreek.JPG   STI.JPG  

Nice Cade, now get some mud up on the windows and we'll talk

Marty, I'm always down to help turn wrenches, especially when its a gueinne pig operation.

where is that road?
    i can't wait until i get the Loyale, i'm going to have a semi-dedicated rally car! i might even buy a racing harness for safety's sake, if i plan on being hardcore and all.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

The road is up past Shady Cove, if you wanna go sometime let me know. The main road has some twisty parts and has a decent surface with not too much traffic. There is also a TON of gravel roads and nice scenery.

no idea where/what Shady Cove is either....haha I've been in the valely for a year and a half now..
    I did go on a cool road the other day though...it was past medford, as if you are going to the Auto-X road, but you go by that sports park (it would be on your right) then take a right at teh next major intersection, then i took another right about a 1/2 mile down...it ended up on a long dusty road that wouldve been more fun if it was wider w/ less trees..but the tarmac part was very fast except many blind corners...

Go north on 62 till you get to Rogue Elk Hotel on the left, you can't miss it., Elk Creek road is to your left before you cross the bridge.

Here are some new pics I took today. Opinions, I like it but what do you think? Go check it out.

I've seen them and commented as such.... I'm thinking about debading the WRX from my trunk... making it totally naked.... only my license plate to let people know its a WRX.

Thoughts?