The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 84
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; edit: not sure im going to have subaru do the service, it may end up being DHM or someone else.....

edit: not sure im going to have subaru do the service, it may end up being DHM or someone else..
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    edit: not sure im going to have subaru do the service, it may end up being DHM or someone else..
    I got a quote from DHM for my 30K that was about half of what SOSVM wanted, and I know they would have done a better job. I ended up doing most of the work myself, then just had Oil Stop do the fluids.

The plugs ran me about $30 shipped from sparkplugs.com, but I had a 10% discount code that I googled and found on some PTCruiser forum. I doubt you'll be able to find them at any of the local parts shops though, I checked with most of them when I did mine.

My plugs were 9 bucks a piece from PDX.... that is all... oh yeah, and I never want to have to change them again... EVER... did I mention that sucked?
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    My plugs were 9 bucks a piece from PDX.... that is all... oh yeah, and I never want to have to change them again... EVER... did I mention that sucked?
    Sissy. I did mine and Noelle's RS at the same time (hers was the guinea pig). The RS was actually easier, since the engine sits about 1/2 inch higher so the plugs aren't blocked by the frame. I think the biggest pain with my car was the washer fluid bottle. I had to siphon all the fluid out of it because as soon as you pull the hoses off the pumps it starts spilling all over. I can't believe all the crap you have to pull out of the engine bay to get to those suckers!

Luckily the Iridium plugs last longer than the platinums, which are technically a 60K service item.

Oh yeah, $40.30 shipped from Sparkplugs.com.
    Last edited by Wade-0; 02-22-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Found a 10% discount code that works at SparkPlugs.com: DodgeTalk

Makes it $37.26 shipped
    Last edited by Wade-0; 02-22-2006 at 06:55 PM.

wait so what plugs should i buy if i want "one step colder"..? this upgrade would be good for my new turbo and since its already being done, yeah?
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    wait so what plugs should i buy if i want "one step colder"..? this upgrade would be good for my new turbo and since its already being done, yeah?
    NGK BKR7EIX is one step colder, iridium. Recommended by PDX Tuning for stage 2, most definitely for a stage 4.

gracias

The biggest problem I had was getting the dang coil packs to go back on and seat correctly. My hands were just too big... BLAH
    well for me it'll be easy cause its alreadybeing done for the service..me = t3h woot

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    NGK BKR7EIX is one step colder, iridium. Recommended by PDX Tuning for stage 2, most definitely for a stage 4.
    Yeah, PDX recommends them for stage2... they make it a much safer tune (less detonation) The biggest problem I had was getting the dang coil packs to go back on and seat correctly. My hands were just too big... BLAH
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

We need to plan a meet soon. The weather is too nice, and I'm itchin to throw my summer tires back on. These heavy winter rims make my car feel slooooow

im down for a meet. we should meet somewhere tne go for a little spirited drive? im pretty free on weekends and most afternoons that i dont work..

Whats shakin everyone? Some of you know me already. I'm Cade, from Medford, and drive a Blue '04 STI with WRX trunk lid. Just figured I would check in and make a new user name since I forgot my old password and don't have acess to that e-mail addy anymore. lol Good to see some familiar people on here.

Anyone got a set of wheels for sale? Looking for stockers, ... or anything cheap- preferably w/ tires- and I dont mind re92s.

Let me know whatcha got!
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.