The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 83
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 187 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Essvar I just thought of something that I don't have, and will need....... a spark plug gapper. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    I just thought of something that I don't have, and will need....... a spark plug gapper. Help?
    I have one, but your plugs should be pre-gapped. Gapping iridium plugs yourself is usually a bad idea, they break very easily. What part # did you get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    I have one, but your plugs should be pre-gapped. Gapping iridium plugs yourself is usually a bad idea, they break very easily. What part # did you get?
    BKR7EIX
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

BKR7EIX
    The gap should be fine out of the box.

The gap should be fine out of the box.
    That's cool, should I have a gapper just to check? I trust you and all....

That's cool, should I have a gapper just to check? I trust you and all....
    It's your call. I didn't on mine, and they have been fine. The iridium electrode is so thin, I wouldn't touch it with a gapping tool, but feel free to do whatever you want with yours.

Got a little package of my own on the way. Finally broke down and ordered the White Line 22mm wagon front sway bar and solid endlinks for front and rear. I didn't really need new endlinks in the rear, but mine are the old design, and the new ones look so much beefier I couldn't resist.

I also seem to have recently caught the Stage4 bug pretty bad. I wonder why?

How do your old endlinks compare to the stock sedan endlinks?..... FRIEND

How do your old endlinks compare to the stock sedan endlinks?..... FRIEND
    They're basically the same as the IPD endlinks. It's the old White Line design that uses the banana shaped piece of steel. The stockers are plastic.

Old:

New:

They're basically the same as the IPD endlinks. It's the old White Line design that uses the banana shaped piece of steel. The stockers are plastic.

Old:

New:
    Don't get rid of the old ones... I may want to upgrade mine.

I also seem to have recently caught the Stage4 bug pretty bad. I wonder why?
    hmm.., well since my spring break is coming up really quick i want to see if i can order these parts and get them installed before late march, since the parts are coming form portland it shouldnt be too bad if i can order them soon.
    wade, do you think we can do the install? the fuel pump looks tedious but not too hard, i may do that early to get it out of the way. The TMIC i assume is the easiest, the turbo/oil line will be tricky, but its the injectors i am worried about...i havent found any info on installation of them
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    hmm.., well since my spring break is coming up really quick i want to see if i can order these parts and get them installed before late march, since the parts are coming form portland it shouldnt be too bad if i can order them soon.
    wade, do you think we can do the install?
    Probably not, March is pretty much booked for me.

Probably not, March is pretty much booked for me.
    no problem. i guess ill have to go to california the last week of march on only stage 2....

haha kidding.. im actually in no hurry to get this stuff on, as i havent even ordered it yet. but wade what do you think about installing injectors? i'm having trouble finding information about an install..
    and i wonder if Bo wants to work on a wrx again?
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    no problem. i guess ill have to go to california the last week of march on only stage 2....

haha kidding.. im actually in no hurry to get this stuff on, as i havent even ordered it yet. but wade what do you think about installing injectors? i'm having trouble finding information about an install..
    and i wonder if Bo wants to work on a wrx again?
    Search for GBOD (Green Bracket of Death). That's all I remember hearing people say about the injector install. I've never really paid close attention to those threads because it wasn't on my list of things to do yet.

I got all my goodies in the mail today..... Pdxtuning protuned accessport.... H1 HID bulbs, 1 step colder plugs.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

how much were your plugs? i'm thinking of giving subaru some one step colders to put in when they do the 90k service.

as for the GBOD, i've seen the word green a few tiems as i have been reading up on the install. i should be okay, if not i can have siskiyou install them, as they are about a half mile from my garage... ( i cant really drive or really get into boost with just injectors/ fuel pump can i?)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.