The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 188 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ...funny I was going to give him the exact same link the other day- I got as far as copying ...

...funny I was going to give him the exact same link the other day- I got as far as copying the url- then got sidetracked by sumptin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Holy crap, no way!! it's the fat boy!!

What type of gas mileage does everyone get here in Medford? My gas mileage is pretty sad. I get around 220-240 miles on a tank (refill about 13.5 gallons). Another question, is there a difference between a sway bar from one manufacturer to the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs
    What type of gas mileage does everyone get here in Medford? My gas mileage is pretty sad. I get around 220-240 miles on a tank (refill about 13.5 gallons). Another question, is there a difference between a sway bar from one manufacturer to the other?
    I get exactly the same miles on a tank.

Some sway bars are adjustable, and some aren't. Also, some swaybars are hollow, which saves a bit of weight. Most aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Holy crap, no way!! it's the fat boy!!
    ...that brings back memories of a very disturbing ani-gif- or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs
    Yeah I get the same gas milesage too! It's sad that my gas mileage got worse when I went from a V-8 Corvette to a 4 cyl Subaru!
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

Quote Originally Posted by AlienPunk
    So...any meet ideas...?
    Dude, these "next meet" posts are really just open forum posts so we can all just post about whatever. LOL j/k But seriously, the weather is getting warmer and I want to show off my giant trucker mudflaps (Fastlines). That and I haven't met like half of you guys.

Biggs, Wade, Bob - your gas mileage sucks. I average about 22-24mpg. It is a lot of freeway driving, but it's freeway driving in between Grants Pass and Glendale (Which my record is 11min btw) with those three passes and lots of curves, usually when I'm really late. Southern Oregon touge LOL. The lowest mileage I ever got was 16 and that was one night filled with races and backwoods cornering. I fill up usually at the 76 on the north end of Grants Pass w/92 octane.
    Last edited by 240kph; 04-22-2005 at 12:37 AM.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Hey, it's not my fault, it's all these damn pedestrians and traffic signals and f*@#*ing 20mph 24/7 school zones. This whole town is a 24/7 school zone now. I have to head out Dead Indian at least once a day now to let off steam, so it takes it's toll on the gas mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    Southern Oregon touge LOL.
    --I'm in... That stretch is a blast. My new wheels and tires combined with all my suspension mods turn those 50mph corners into, well- I probably shouldn't say I haven't timed that stretch specifically, but I'm heading up to Roseburg this afternoon and maybe I'll remember. Good conditions.... your time may be in danger! [probably not- if you were going all out on the straights]

Hey, dont make fun of the next meet posts, so what if they are just BS topics, at least we are all still keeping in contact.

Whats the plans for this weekend?

I think I am going to the growers market on saturday.
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Nothing wrong at all with BS topics. I've lived in GP for a long time and have never actually been to the grower's market. I might check it out one of these weekends. I've got to work 12-8:30 tommorow but my Sunday looks pretty open if anyone wants to meet up. Maybe install some parts? My modding is probably going to go on hold for a while until I get the 429 in the T-Bird. Anybody know anybody who wants to sell me their Ford C6 tranny?

the_black_one - black wagons on the touge sounds good, but a highlander-ish sword battle mentioned in an earlier post would be cooler. I found my implement of death - http://www.x-entertainment.com/artic...erffencing.wmv
    Last edited by 240kph; 04-22-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Hey, it's not my fault, it's all these damn pedestrians and traffic signals and f*@#*ing 20mph 24/7 school zones. This whole town is a 24/7 school zone now. I have to head out Dead Indian at least once a day now to let off steam, so it takes it's toll on the gas mileage.
    my goodness i could not have said it better myself. despite seeing the cops tag peopel during my lunch break every week, i got pulled in a damn 20 at all times for going a whopping 33. wasnt even trying to speed, but i was in a red bmw, a kid, and it was the end of the month. busted. 6th time and i get a ticket finally. i go so slow around Ashland now and i bottle it all up and let it out on dead indian or old siskiyou or whatnot.
    im pretty busy this weekend, got two soccer games, one in klamath so it looks liek my mileage will drop a bit..

anybody been to the karting thing at the family fun center in medford or the slick kart track? they any good/expensive, etc?
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I've never been karting before, sounds fun though!

I will most likely go to the market thing on sat, then I have to help the fiancee's dad do some yard work. Sunday I dont really have anything planned though. I was hoping to order some exhaust, but I am saving all my money to be able to move out within a month.

Once we do get stable, I will definatly need some help with the parts though!

I will probably go have a beverage tonight or tomorrow night, most likely JDs
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP

I'm in P-town for the weekend.

I quit smoking on tuesday, I havent had a cigg since. I figure if I can make it a few more days the cravings will go away.
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP