The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 78
Page 78 of 187 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; For whatever my opinion's worth (it isn't much) I'd go with the AP first, just because it's such a usefull ...

For whatever my opinion's worth (it isn't much) I'd go with the AP first, just because it's such a usefull tool and really opens the door to better power. But that's just me!

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No I appreciate the feed back and or opinons as i am still learnig the ins and outs of suby... i have been into hondas for so long it hard to get into something else. Most of what i have learned have been on this sight and some others --oh and some from Bo, but we all know he's full of *%$@ if you or anyone else has info regarding the detonation issue let me know im kind of concerned. Also if anyone has some good tech sites they would like to share that would be awsome I need to read up somemore.

j/k Bo ---you know i love your wife----ooops i mean you

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Detonation issue? I hadnt heard of that either, dont think I likes the sound of that!
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671294

Get a bag of popcorn
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Exclamation

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop me if im freaking out, but by the sounds of it im really, really, really screwed if i dont get e.m. NOW! -----I had to move money around (the money i was saving to fix the body damage and repaint on my integra) but i have the money to get the access port from cobb. Does anyone know if they offer overnight shipping? -i guess that the subys gettin a serious kick in the hp dept, in stead of getting the tires out of the garage

Thumbs up Bit the bullet

Well the checking account just took a serious hit.I called Cobb and ordered the AP. So those of you that have them- pretty easy to set up and get going?

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY
    Well the checking account just took a serious hit.I called Cobb and ordered the AP. So those of you that have them- pretty easy to set up and get going?
    Sure is, make sure you read the manual, have a good battery charge, and follow the instructions. No sweat if you do all those things. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Dave

Will do......it should be here tomorrow night by the time i get off work ---thanx for the advice and insight -Dallas

Thumbs up Stg2 Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i got the accessport today and did the flash. I got say im pretty happy with the results. The in boost hesitation and jerks are gone and the power comes on alot stronger! To anyone that is wondering about the quality of the product its top notch.- and like Dave said it really easy to install --if you read the directions The AP gets the thumbs up from me.

---oh thanx again to Dave,Bo and everyone for the info and help

Glad to hear your install went well. I'm going to stage 2 soon, once I get the exhaust and up pipe installed. Last thing I got find now is some line and a T for the boost gauge to be hooked up.

hey everyone- got a little boyRacer action form this weekend...

so im stage 2 from cobb, UP/DP/exhaust to the side off the DP. i raced the 04 sivler WRX from the kid at my school the other day, he has PDX Custom tuned ecu, UP and turbo-back exhaust, short ram inake, pulleys and intercooler hoses.

first i took a ride in his car, he has nice sparcos and gadgets inside, felt very fast too. he burned his clutch the only time he launched though....

now in my car and him in his, the first 'race' was kinda awkward, i got slight late start which must have messed me up cause i bogged, but not to bad,while he got ahead but burned his clutch again- SO stinky. its a new clutch too, i dont think he should be runnign it hard after only a few weeks, he destoryed his old one, hes had the car a few months... so anyways that race sucked, he shut down before we got into second gear.

now we head onto the highway. in third gear side by side he honks three times, yet doenst go right away on the third honk, but i do. i start out then about half a car ahead, and i expect him to pull on me....nothing. i had to shut down, there were cars....so we wait a bit and then try again.

this time, in third, we both go at the same time, and all the way through 3rd i look at his car and i am slowly pulling away from him. i was surprised... shifting into fourth im almost a car length on him...not really sure exactly, but def. noticeably ahead..

the outcome was weird, i thought since he has more stuff he would win? maybe my cutout exhaust really helps? maybe its bugeye power?
    it wasnt really driver skill cause i was pulling when we both started in third...
    -marty
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Soooo, I spend the money and buy a set of JDM side markers for my wagon. I take the time and create wiring harnesses for my Morettes to hook up the lights. Found the diagrams and set up an appointment to get the holes cut. Drop my car off last night, and got a call this afternoon from the body man, saying he don't want to do it as he's afraid of burning the paint... He then offers to go to Nickels shop and see how much they want to do it. They don't want to touch it either.. So, do any of you guys know an un-lame body shop here in the valley? I don't want to have to sell these lights.....

I bet Anderson autobody in Ashland would do it, they do a really ****ty job at paintwork. But i'd imagine they are willing to hack and cut away at anything for the right price.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    I bet Anderson autobody in Ashland would do it, they do a really ****ty job at paintwork. But i'd imagine they are willing to hack and cut away at anything for the right price.

Well I would like to get something better than a hack and cut..... Went home at lunch today, and SOS called me. Seems they would like to see my 78 DL, as they are interested in buying it as a floor display like the 360 van they already have. I'm going tomorrow after work, and see what they have to say. Could be interesting, or it could be a jerk-me-around festival....

What's up everybody- enjoying the weather?

I've got a line on some new ground control coilovers (just the spring, not the strut) for pretty cheap- anyone have any experience with this brand? I would love to have adjustable ride height.

And Marty, if you've still got it, would you let me try to fix that pedal? I honestly didn't know it had been broken, though only partially or whatever.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action