The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 72
Page 72 of 187 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rally02wrx so SO subaru replaced my steering rack and after they guaranteed a skeptical me that it ...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    so SO subaru replaced my steering rack and after they guaranteed a skeptical me that it would eliminate the wheel wobble and terrible noises, and a day later they are all back.. $1,000 later... so im kinda angry....
    Great. My car is starting to fall apart too. First the fuel rail leak (only when it's really cold though), then today I was under it looking for the source of a new clunking noise, and noticed my driver's side double offset joint is oozing grease all over the tranny housing. And there there's the clunk, which I still haven't found but I suspect it might be related to the recent adjustment I made to the rear sway bar. Most of these issues would be covered under warranty, but I really don't think I want those assclowns anywhere near my car. The last time I took my car to them I got in a huge argument with the service dept manager, had to get the general manager and SOA involved, so I know that I'm on his permanent **** list now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Did you have all of that stuff you listed on the deceased? Or is anything new?
    The turbo timer, springs, IC hoses and HID's all came with the car... The rest was all on the old bugeye
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Great. My car is starting to fall apart too. First the fuel rail leak (only when it's really cold though), then today I was under it looking for the source of a new clunking noise, and noticed my driver's side double offset joint is oozing grease all over the tranny housing. And there there's the clunk, which I still haven't found but I suspect it might be related to the recent adjustment I made to the rear sway bar. Most of these issues would be covered under warranty, but I really don't think I want those assclowns anywhere near my car. The last time I took my car to them I got in a huge argument with the service dept manager, had to get the general manager and SOA involved, so I know that I'm on his permanent **** list now.
    i know how you feel. im generally a nice guy, but i get into arguments a lot at subaru dealers. I also had to get a higher-up guy fromSOA on the phone at Subar of Santa Cruz....i dont knwo what to do now cause tog et my money back i will have to haev them fix it, but i dont have confidence in their ability to find out what the problem is, since its probably not in their book of normal problems...
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    i know how you feel. im generally a nice guy, but i get into arguments a lot at subaru dealers. I also had to get a higher-up guy fromSOA on the phone at Subar of Santa Cruz....i dont knwo what to do now cause tog et my money back i will have to haev them fix it, but i dont have confidence in their ability to find out what the problem is, since its probably not in their book of normal problems...
    If you're paying for repairs, don't take it to the dealership. Give DHM a call, I've heard really good things about them and they specialize in Subies. I called them for a quote on my 30k service and they were really friendly, and wanted about half what the dealership quoted me. I ended up doing it myself anyway, but their price was pretty decent.

yeah, i have been there too and talked with guy. as far as my situation went, the local siskiyou foregin shop i go to suggested i try elsewhere since they dont do too well with diagnosing proiblems after a collision, etc, but they are very friendly there.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

Hey Marty, here's some killer Saab action for ya:

http://www.break.com/articles/saabteam.html

Hey Marty, here's some killer Saab action for ya:

http://www.break.com/articles/saabteam.html

pretty sweet.

Gauges

I finished installing my gauges this afternoon, just thought you guys might want to take a look. I'll edit in a few night shots later on this evening.

Last edited by Essvar; 12-11-2005 at 07:35 PM.

How high does that EGT go? It only looks like it goes to 12 in the picture, and that's nowhere near high enough. Funny thing, my stock gauges have yellow needles, and my boost and EGT have red needles. Looks like yours is the opposite, stock gauges have red needles, and boost and EGT have yellow. Stop reverse copying me Troy!

Edit: Nevermind, just realized that your EGT is probably reading in Celsius. Freaking metric system!
    Last edited by Wade-0; 12-11-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Edit: Nevermind, just realized that your EGT is probably reading in Celsius. Freaking metric system!
    Bingo

Guys, was wondering what you thought of the set of wheels being offered for sale in this thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116377

The tires seem a touch small, but I like the fact the wheel are different than anyone else has around here. I orginally wanted Sub Zero's, but it seems a few people here have them, and I kinda want to be original..... Would a 7 inch wide wheel be able to use a 225/45/17 instead of the 215/45/17 these wheels come with?

Quote Originally Posted by carrman
    Guys, was wondering what you thought of the set of wheels being offered for sale in this thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116377

The tires seem a touch small, but I like the fact the wheel are different than anyone else has around here. I orginally wanted Sub Zero's, but it seems a few people here have them, and I kinda want to be original..... Would a 7 inch wide wheel be able to use a 225/45/17 instead of the 215/45/17 these wheels come with?
    They look OK, don't give me wood though. I'm running 225's on a 7" rim right now with no issues. Just read the mfg specs for the tire you want, they should give you a range for rim sizes that will work.

Essvar, what's the word on my down pipe? Inquiring minds wanna know....;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    PINK DUDE... PINK...

Oh yeah... I also have some slightly used Proxis 4's for sale 17x245x45

and carrman I have the up-pipe for yah... slight change in plans though, cheaper for you
    Hey, I might have a use for those Toyos........

Quote Originally Posted by carrman
    Hey, I might have a use for those Toyos........

It's an up-pipe and its sitting in my garage waiting for yah....

If you were thinking of putting the Toyos on your wagon you might want to invest in a lift kit because they will rub