The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 188 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; yeah well thast what you get for making the front wheels do all the work oh yeah and FF dont ...

yeah well thast what you get for making the front wheels do all the work

oh yeah and FF dont drift either, dont ask me how i know.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've rallied up Green Springs and Old Siskiyou Hwy, but there are too many people that live right on Old Siskiyou that don't appreciate fast cars going up and down that road. I love Old Siskiyou because there are a lot of slow sharp turns that can really show off the handling of your car. The only road that has ever got me was Dead Indian around mile marker 7....
    My Corvette had a "Wardrobe Malfunction." Since my windows were down, the car cover started flapping around in the car and as I tried to secure it, it turned into a parachute inside the car and blew into the front cockpit. Needless to say I wrecked my car doing 40mph on a straight strip of road. How sad. My buddy saw me do since he was following me and I was behind a bunch of cars doing the speed limit. My buddy said it looked like I just slowly veered off the road for no reason. Obviously he couldn't see through my tint to notice me fighting with a car cover that I should have put in its stuff sack...
    Well, at least it was a great excuse to move on to an STi!
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

The only road that has ever got me was Dead Indian around mile marker 7....
    yeah i had a mishap on that road, on the first major hairpin as you go up. it was raining on the way down, i turned the bmw's ASC off and spun out after drifitng the corner and getting the tail out too much...i was an idiot but managed to save it...ended up worng lane facing up hill. scary so i know how you must hev felt in your corvette...except this was completely preventable.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Would any of you happen to have/know of a place to dispose of used oil? I am in desperate need of an oil change, which I usually do at my parents' house (350 miles away). I really just need access to a receptacle w/ 4-1/2 quarts of room in it. I've got a case of 10w30 mobil 1 synthetic and filter ready to go- whoever lets me use their oil pan I'd let keep the remaining oil out of the case (>1.5 quarts), if they want it- otherwise, someother sort of compensation would be in order (in forms of green )
    Last edited by the_black_one; 04-17-2005 at 07:39 PM.

Pour it back into the empty bottles and leave it with your curbside recycling.

I assume there's a place in town that takes it too, then- I just take my recycling to the place myself...

What kind of container (plastic milk jug, etc.) will hold up to hot oil? I don't need to buy anything special, do I?

btw, any suggestions on which parking lot I should do this in?

Or just go to an oil change place and they'll drain the old and pour the new bottles in for you. Otherwise I think you have to take the used oil out to the recycling station by the dump, I haven't seen a receptacle at the one by the skate park.

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    those look sweet! we should all meet up soon
    i went for a fun drive this morning (school starts later on fridays, so i was already up early by accident and had nothing to do..) i went the back way up to the pass to come out behind callahans. it is a lot more fun going up than down, as i had always doen before. the only time i had gone up this road before today was with 2 inches of falling snow, and i drifted the wider corners connecting a few whic was really fun...some are really wide and good for practicing,..but anyway its a pretty fun road, but always not an optimal surface, even in good weather i guess its still slippery. it makes for random handling, but fun if you go into the corners a little bit hard and get the back end to slide out...i have more worn rear tires so it was a little dramatic. anyway i had my fun for a while, and i used up some gas
    any ideas for a meet? wade i am going to want to instlal the fluid one of these weekends, could i borrow some of your time?
    Is that the road that dumps onto the Mt. Ashland ski park rd. If it is I drove that road about 9 yrs ago when the spill shut I-5 down for three days. If I remember correctly the road goes past Bimart and keeps going.

I Support ClubWRX
    anybody have a pic of cartman, I want it for my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilD
    Is that the road that dumps onto the Mt. Ashland ski park rd. If it is I drove that road about 9 yrs ago when the spill shut I-5 down for three days. If I remember correctly the road goes past Bimart and keeps going.
    Yup.

so no new mods to report yet.

Have to find a place to live first, then modding can begin. Also will have a garage too. Horahh!

Anyway, I got asked the other day at radio shack, if my car had a BOV, and if it doesn't why not, and to be sure to put one on, or my turbo will die.

So...any meet ideas...?
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Quote Originally Posted by AlienPunk
    so no new mods to report yet.

Have to find a place to live first, then modding can begin. Also will have a garage too. Horahh!

Anyway, I got asked the other day at radio shack, if my car had a BOV, and if it doesn't why not, and to be sure to put one on, or my turbo will die.

So...any meet ideas...?
    You don't need a BOV unless you'd like your want a "pfffft" sound when you rev your engine. Our cars have BPV's (Bypass valves) that recirculate instead of relieving the pressure to the atmosphere. Do a search on BPVs and you'll find a much better explanation, but in short the BPV is much more efficient.
    Have fun modding and finding a home!
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS97C5
    You don't need a BOV unless...
    I think he was being sarcastic Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    I think he was being sarcastic Bob

Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...