The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 69
Page 69 of 187 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by carrman Well give me some hints man! Dave Check your PM's Bo if you get a new ...

Quote Originally Posted by carrman
    Well give me some hints man!

Dave
    Check your PM's

Bo if you get a new STI I call dibs on the supahgay wings... yes wings plural :P
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I just got a most radical Subaru last night. Was originally mine a couple years ago until ex gf took it when she split and blackmailed me to sign off the title, but I digress.... What is this wonder machine with the 1/4 mile time of 20 minutes, and 0-60 time of 3 days? Why it's a 1978 DL 2-door! Equipped with such features as front wheel drive, a/c, and auto transmission. She quit driving it as she said it had an oil leak, and the tags were expired. Gave her 300 bucks and drove it home. Trans was 2.5 quarts low on ATF, engine was way over full on oil. Smoked like a pig. Car only has 72,000 miles on it. Changed oil which helped immensly, but she still puffs some smoke as she clears herself out, and I need to turn the idle up as it idles so low the oil light comes on. Needs seriously cleaned up also. Irregardless, I got it back, and I'll get it back into good shape again, so I can have a reliable little putt putt to drive if I'm messing with my WRX, unless I get a wild hair and sell the DL.....

whatever you do, dont sell it!! i love old cars if for nothing other than menial transportation they are for rally purposes!
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I couldn't wait to put on that swaybar- I slapped it on over the weekend and I am lovin' it like mickey d's. Feels more like a rwd through and out of corners... dangerous, yes, but I think I've acheived the balance I was looking for.

Perhaps I should do a little testing of the limits in a safe environment....
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Anyone else been playing in the snow up Dead Indian? I've been up twice now and the new snow tires are pretty nice. Looks like it dumped up there today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Anyone else been playing in the snow up Dead Indian? I've been up twice now and the new snow tires are pretty nice. Looks like it dumped up there today too.

I've been wanting to, but today probably wouldn't be the best time to head up there, eh? ...looks pretty nasty

Unless I could get someone to tow me on my snowboard.

good for the mtn. I guess - it needs it for sure

Hell, just opened the door and we's gots flakes falling right here!
    Last edited by the_black_one; 11-30-2005 at 04:12 PM.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

its snowing! kinda... hoping to wake up to a white blaket, at least by my house. the subie is at SOSubaru now, trying to get that whoel deal with the wheel worked out. when idropped it off i was goign to see if they would put my old brake rotors on after resurfacing them, but they said installation alone was a 2 hour job.....i laughed.. anyways i left the car there and after all this talk about hardcore test drives given by the that dealer in the STI's and WRX's, i left the COBB AP on Valet mode...
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

I had not heard of these tales of abuse by the SOS people. care to enlighten us newbies?

well just liek they drifted the STi's on test drives coming close to curbs and stuff....all hearsay i guess but form at least 3 people, some on here i think.....am i right? im not ridiculing, i would too...

I have never had a problem with their employees in particular, Chris Sorensen (the one with the black WRX) was pretty cool when I went down there a week ago. But when I had my motor rebuilt I was not very impressed with the quality of their work, and haven't been on any subsequent visits. So unimpressed by their cost and quality, I learned how to work on my own car

CRICKETS... jebus where have you guys gone....

Anyway, if all goes as planned I'll be sporting Black 04 WRX on Tuesday. I'll post pics when I get her home.

Been thinking, maybe we could all meet sometime this month for pizza. Since I'm new to this group, would be nice to put faces and names together, not to mention seeing your rides....

Not a bad idea, may be difficult to round everyone up during the holidays though.....

wow, is somebody suggesting an actual meet? this is inconcievable.... i'm down for pizza somewhere, maybe we could choose a day that would be suitable for a small drive afterwards, so like choose a day with no ice? drive or no drive im down, i get my car abck monday hopefully.

i saw somebody's white wrx by olive garden tonght at like 5:30, sounded/looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    wow, is somebody suggesting an actual meet? this is inconcievable.... i'm down for pizza somewhere, maybe we could choose a day that would be suitable for a small drive afterwards, so like choose a day with no ice? drive or no drive im down, i get my car abck monday hopefully.

i saw somebody's white wrx by olive garden tonght at like 5:30, sounded/looked good.
    Yup, I'm suggesting one. Weeknights work good for me, what does the group think of Kaleidoscope?