The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 65
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 187 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; all said, free is free..... slap it on, if you don't like it, swap them back... only your wrench time ...

all said, free is free..... slap it on, if you don't like it, swap them back... only your wrench time to lose. However, time is of the essence here because all the work needs to be done before my insurance company completes the claim.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Does the RS have stock springs/struts?
    Yes
    Cause I was was thinking my suspension, which doesn't have much body roll at all, may make a 20mm worthwhile. from what I know and have heard, the rear sway has a much bigger influence on understeer vs. oversteer. I haven't spun out with my 18mm, so maybe I could use 20mm? I noticed a large improvement in turn-in after upgrading from 13 to 18mm, but I also realize the difference in stiffness between 13 and 18 is about the same as between 18 and 20. So maybe an adjustable 18-22mm bar is the best way to go in my case.
    It's easy enough to experiment, and ultimately it's going to boil down to personal preference, but you are talking about a 9mm difference between front and rear which is pretty steep. If you're still taking your car on dirt roads, you might not want to go with anything bigger since you are removing independence from the suspension. Maybe stiffer springs are in order? And have you upgraded the endlinks, or are you still using the stock ones? That can make a huge difference too.

This time of year people usually set their adjustable bars to the lowest setting, or swap their stock bars back on. I'm actually going to drop mine down a notch this weekend. Last year I left it on the middle setting and the car was pretty tail happy in the snow. I had a close one last winter while coming around a gentle bend in the highway doing about 40 in 4-5" of snow. As I backed off the throttle a little bit the rear end started coming around until the car was basically sideways. That was with snow tires on too. Luckily I recovered fairly quickly and there was no cleanup necessary in the shorts department.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Yes

It's easy enough to experiment, and ultimately it's going to boil down to personal preference, but you are talking about a 9mm difference between front and rear which is pretty steep. If you're still taking your car on dirt roads, you might not want to go with anything bigger since you are removing independence from the suspension. Maybe stiffer springs are in order? And have you upgraded the endlinks, or are you still using the stock ones? That can make a huge difference too.

This time of year people usually set their adjustable bars to the lowest setting, or swap their stock bars back on. I'm actually going to drop mine down a notch this weekend. Last year I left it on the middle setting and the car was pretty tail happy in the snow. I had a close one last winter while coming around a gentle bend in the highway doing about 40 in 4-5" of snow. As I backed off the throttle a little bit the rear end started coming around until the car was basically sideways. That was with snow tires on too. Luckily I recovered fairly quickly and there was no cleanup necessary in the shorts department.
    Stock front sway 93-01 is 19mm afaik. And I couldn't possibly find much stiffer springs. I've got kartboy rear links and noltecs in the front. And unfortunately, I don't have as much power nor throttle response as you may to worry about.

So I may just give give it a whirl.... like essvar said (I won't try to remember actual names- as I have screwed up before), free is free. It's easy enough to swap back. Or would you need a sway bar to replece it?

Also, I realize this isn't the best season to try this out- so maybe I'll just nab it for summertime.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

I will need a swaybar to replace mine with... as long as it looks stock(ish) to the insurance people that's all that matters..........

Stock front sway 93-01 is 19mm afaik.
    That wouldn't be a bad setup then, I thought you said you had a 13mm up front. What are your alignment specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    That wouldn't be a bad setup then, I thought you said you had a 13mm up front. What are your alignment specs?
    not so sure... no crazy camber for autocross or anything- just whatever the cowboy has in their comp. for subarus...

I'd have to get my old bar from home on thanksgiving... I hope thats not too late.

not so sure... no crazy camber for autocross or anything- just whatever the cowboy has in their comp. for subarus...

I'd have to get my old bar from home on thanksgiving... I hope thats not too late.
    I have the stock bar from my wife's RS I could spot ya. I don't plan on ever putting it back on.

Since I just had to spot $550 out of pocket to get my car out of impound/towing yard i'm going to try to get the claim settled soon so I can be reimbursed. This week or next would be preferable if you have the time to wrench, if not just drop off yours and i'll just do the swap while i'm f'n with all the other stuff i'm swapping out.

Doesn't take more than a few minutes, so I think I could fit it in.

I've got an interview tomorrow @ ~1pm - so this weekend would be best. Exactly where in the land of meth do you reside?
    I may finally have a job (at the ashalnd oil stop) :woot:
    wish me luck.

I'm at home anytime after 3:30, m-f or i'll be around on Sunday... PM me when you want to come out

werd -- will do

sorry. this is too good not to share - hope y'all haven't seen it already.

http://www.viralmusicvideo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Let's see, I spotted carrman today in medford (i was in my roomates exploder so he didn't see) and I also spotted Bo's old sedan and it sure sounded like that HKS exhaust was still on it....
    Where'd ya see me? Car was at DHM for a while on Wed. getting poly rack bushings to cure the memory steer. Works pretty good. Hella 500's came in UPS today, Cobb AP will be here tomorrow.....;-)

Btw Wade, I have a stock bypass valve now and sold the BOV to some guy on the east coast. Proceeds went in to my Cobb AP fund.....;-)

Quote Originally Posted by carrman
    Where'd ya see me? Car was at DHM for a while on Wed. getting poly rack bushings to cure the memory steer. Works pretty good. Hella 500's came in UPS today, Cobb AP will be here tomorrow.....;-)
    Spotted you again today, on Roberts Rd.... Sipp'n a big gulp

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.