The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 64
Page 64 of 188 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; A moment of silence for a deceased bug eye..... Thought for sure my new to me '03 wagon would be ...

A moment of silence for a deceased bug eye..... Thought for sure my new to me '03 wagon would be joining your car last Friday. Stopped at a light at CLA and Stevens when I hear sreaching tires as some junkbox Bronco II is in full lock up heading toward my rear..... He stopped a few inches short. Would have caused him serious greif for wrecking my new baby.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    wow. glad you guys were okay. was the chick running a light that just turned or was it red for a while?

either way, not cool. so another bugeye for sure?
    Probably another bugeye (its all I can afford) and the light was red long enough for me to cross a lane and a half of traffic.

Wade- She may have, I'm not sure yet I wasn't thinking straight and trusted the police to get all the information from her, but the card she handed me was lacking some pretty important stuff. I hope there is some of the missing information in the police report, like here name for 1. Regardless, that's what our uninsured motorist dues go for, but apparently my passengers back is acting up so i'm more worried about her, and getting her medical needs taken care of.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey nice up pipe!.......... Well you guys havent heard my story yet.

I sold my car on a monday, it was my day off and I took it in to work to get the oil changed because it was do and didnt think I was selling it to the guy for another couple weeks. So I was there waitting for like an hour and a half since all the lube techs sit and drool then tell allll the salesmen about the car and blah blah blah whatever. So the car is finally done and the lube tech pulls the car forward off the rack and parks it. I go over what was done with the service advisor as I hear someone yell WOAH WOAH STOP and I look over just as a Honda Accord A$$ rapes my car! The other service advisor was pulling a car out of a bay in the shop wasnt paying attention and ran right into my car while his customer stood there and watched........... It was a bad day... Later that night I had to hand over the keys to the new owners

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Hey Marty, do you know who's driving the black sedan with the melon shooter that I've seen parked in front of the H.S. lately?
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Damn wagons
    Hey- I feel for you loss- but do you have to take out your frustration on poor wagons? That was just uncalled for.

Buy a wagon and mod it to hell - you're attitude will change.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

but apparently my passengers back is acting up

Now that I think of it, I think yours is also.

wade- thats a kid at my school. in my classes, talk to him abotu cars once in a while. like the exhaust? hehe. he has catless setup and equal-length headers, all form a gpmoto kit. it came with some weird ass piggyback chip with two modes controlled by a switch....i drove it and didnt really feel a difference. anyways, the rest of the car is bone stock as for as wheels.tires/suspension and whatnot. he plans on these rims that have 8 (maybe) spokes, 4 black and 4 chrome in 18 or 17...
    (ryyc3r)
    hes waiting until after snow season though as he claims a wrx NEEDs studded tires for the mountain....i have experience that says otherwise....you have to try to get stuck in snow in a subaru.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    hes waiting until after snow season though as he claims a wrx NEEDs studded tires for the mountain....i have experience that says otherwise....you have to try to get stuck in snow in a subaru.
    I just mounted a new set of studless winters, Hankook IceBear W300's (225/45R17) from Tire Factory for $480 out the door. Can't wait to get them broken in and on the slippery stuff. They're V rated too, so they don't suck so much in the dry either.
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    I just mounted a new set of studless winters, Hankook IceBear W300's (225/45R17) from Tire Factory for $480 out the door. Can't wait to get them broken in and on the slippery stuff. They're V rated too, so they don't suck so much in the dry either.
    Nice- now we really need to hit up the mountain for a group pic. I've done plenty of dry driving on my studless toyo observe GR2's - and had no problem hitting my 112 limiter with them - and they're holding up great. Don't know the speed rating off hand, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

new kicks are always nice - hope you like your choice.

AWD + snow tires = unstoppable ...unless you come across some REAL deep stuff.

So I got my car back to my house and have begun stripping the aftermarket stuff. New personal record, TBE removed in 20 minutes (in the dark) If any of you WRX wagon drivers would like to trade for my Sedan rear sway bar, now is the time, all you have to do is come put in the wrench time to do the swap and you've got a 4mm larger sway bar.

Let's see, I spotted carrman today in medford (i was in my roomates exploder so he didn't see) and I also spotted Bo's old sedan and it sure sounded like that HKS exhaust was still on it....

Is the rear sway 22mm? I swapped in a 18mm to replace my 13mm, but I was wondering if 22mm would give me TOO much oversteer.

I may have to hit you up on that, if nobody w/ a stock 18mm wants it. Seeing I already upgraded once.

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Is the rear sway 22mm? I swapped in a 18mm to replace my 13mm, but I was wondering if 22mm would give me TOO much oversteer.

I may have to hit you up on that, if nobody w/ a stock 18mm wants it. Seeing I already upgraded once.
    I believe the stock sedan swaybar is 20mm, correct me if i'm wrong Wade. I also believe you need to have a 2.5rs or WRX wagon for the swap to work.

I believe the stock sedan swaybar is 20mm, correct me if i'm wrong Wade. I also believe you need to have a 2.5rs or WRX wagon for the swap to work.
    The 18mm swaybar I have on right now is from a 02 wrx. I think wrx wagons had stock 18mm, and sedans 20mm- I thought 22mm beacuse you said a 4mm diffreence.../

93-03 rear swaybars are all compatible. I considered getting the perrin adjustable 18-22 kit, but decided against it when a cheap 18mm became available. And it fit w/ no problem at all.

You would be better off to leave it at 18mm rear unless you also upgrade the front bar. My wife's RS has my stock wagon rear bar on it, and it complements the stock RS front bar nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    You would be better off to leave it at 18mm rear unless you also upgrade the front bar. My wife's RS has my stock wagon rear bar on it, and it complements the stock RS front bar nicely.

Does the RS have stock springs/struts?
    Cause I was was thinking my suspension, which doesn't have much body roll at all, may make a 20mm worthwhile. from what I know and have heard, the rear sway has a much bigger influence on understeer vs. oversteer. I haven't spun out with my 18mm, so maybe I could use 20mm? I noticed a large improvement in turn-in after upgrading from 13 to 18mm, but I also realize the difference in stiffness between 13 and 18 is about the same as between 18 and 20. So maybe an adjustable 18-22mm bar is the best way to go in my case.