The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 187 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; They need blow off valves, hey..... i have a blow off valve.... but honestly ever since i put it on ...

They need blow off valves,
    hey..... i have a blow off valve....
    but honestly ever since i put it on i have seen more torque midrange. like right before i let off the gas too i feel the extra power form the bov. and its an hks. also it helps the driveability of the car and its performance overall casue it doesnt put any air into the intake again...thats why its so sick
    but anyway yeah those real ricers are funny
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

okay i realize BOVs dont do shi+ for lighlty tuned stock turboed wrx.....
    and yes, i bought it (half price, woot) for the sound and the sound only. but now that i think about it, im kinda bored with the sound. i mean its probably the only bov i would want, but when i first got it i couldnt stop chirping, now its kinda the norm. i've heard about taking it off every 6 mos to let the engine run stock for some reason, and i may do that for a week so that i appreciate the sound again....but yeah, its my little piece of rice.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

Its okay, I had a greddy type s on my 2g DSM for the longest time.
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Here ya go Marty, the cure for your rice obsession: http://www.sunamiturbo.com

damn i shoulda got that......
    i dont get it when it says
    After setting a trigger boost level through an adjustable setscrew on the vacuum pressure switch, every time you reach the set boost level, the SUNAMI will simulate the “psssst” noise generated from the blow off valve of a turbo vehicle.
    but the car wont have any 'boost'....so like itll go off when it reaches this setting even if youre still on the gas? smart idea. oh you can also set it off whenever you want...such a great product.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree.................................DANCE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill bust out my fat kid shimmy.................ladies love it

Hey Bo, I left you a voicemail on Saturday. Can you recommend a good alignment shop, that is possibly open on Saturdays?

I Support ClubWRX
    Uunfortunately for lowered vehicles with camber kits...............ur limited to the cowboy....they have the best equipment and they are open full days on saturdays. Sorry about the no response, I got it on tueday, I was laying laminate flooring in my house

Hey Wade, these look familiar?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7s-6.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Nice, they look sick!

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Dude those look sweet!
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Thanks guys, ...I can't believe how huge of an aesthetic upgrade this was. I didn't expect the anthracite to play off so well against the 2nd tone on the lower body. I was originally looking for bronze, but I guess this works Maybe I'm worthy of hanging with you WRX guys, now... hahahaha- I'll def. make it to the next meet (this weekend?) if I'm not working-I need to meet choo fooz.

those look sweet! we should all meet up soon
    i went for a fun drive this morning (school starts later on fridays, so i was already up early by accident and had nothing to do..) i went the back way up to the pass to come out behind callahans. it is a lot more fun going up than down, as i had always doen before. the only time i had gone up this road before today was with 2 inches of falling snow, and i drifted the wider corners connecting a few whic was really fun...some are really wide and good for practicing,..but anyway its a pretty fun road, but always not an optimal surface, even in good weather i guess its still slippery. it makes for random handling, but fun if you go into the corners a little bit hard and get the back end to slide out...i have more worn rear tires so it was a little dramatic. anyway i had my fun for a while, and i used up some gas
    any ideas for a meet? wade i am going to want to instlal the fluid one of these weekends, could i borrow some of your time?

I did that drive on Wednesday, when it was snowing in town. The highway was actually the best it's been all year, hardly any gravel or debris and perfectly dry. The snow was just barely sprinkling for most of the climb. I had a hell of a drive

Oh yeah, it's called "Old Siskiyou Highway"

I Support ClubWRX
    Last time I drove that road the driver was going a little to fast in his 00 Integra type R (500 miles on it) and we slid, caught traction flipped, rolled, rolled, fell off 30ft cliff, rolled several times in the air and got caught by a tree..........Good thing is all I got was poison oak.........bad thing, when we got back to his appartment at 4 pm (all this happened around 12:30-1 am!!!!!!!!!!!! His custom plates were waitting for him in the mail.......2000R hahahahahaha

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH Actually maybe not the same road....that was green springs
    Last edited by T0rque; 04-16-2005 at 12:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.