The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 49
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 187 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; The DC Sports is "Tuned Length". If it sounds like a Honda, Im ok with it, the rumble noise also ...

I Support ClubWRX
    The DC Sports is "Tuned Length". If it sounds like a Honda, Im ok with it, the rumble noise also comes from the profile of the cams. I think it will still sound good, plus it is a 15hp gain over what I have now, according to DC Sports Dyno testing they have done.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    The DC Sports is "Tuned Length". If it sounds like a Honda, Im ok with it, the rumble noise also comes from the profile of the cams. I think it will still sound good, plus it is a 15hp gain over what I have now, according to DC Sports Dyno testing they have done.
    You'd probably get higher gains by going with a better downpipe. Less money too.

I have a question unrelated to the current subject. I thought I read that the inability for the WRX to hit 60mph in 2nd slowed down its 0-60mph time, but I just did it tonight. Are they talking just about the STi or are car reviewers just idiots?

They must be talking about the six speed, because I hit 60 in 2nd easily.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im gonna sell my Down Pipe/cat back exhaust, and go with the invidia. I hit 60 in second when Im not trying to run low 14s in the 1/4 and kill the car launching

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Im gonna sell my Down Pipe/cat back exhaust, and go with the invidia.
    Good idea

I Support ClubWRX
    Id keep the HKS cat back but I dont know if it will be a great fitment with the Invidia

probably talking about the STI, but some car reviewers are still idiots. we can go a little more than 60 but i also thought the STi could just barely get there in second, i thought car reviwers shifted into third to get 60 in the STi when they didnt need to and messed some of the times up. liek when an EVO would beat the STI in acceleration....which isnt right...
    maybe im way off.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I Support ClubWRX
    They have to be, I tried it today goin down riverside .....
    I can easily hit 60 in 2nd.

Any of you guys really good at detailing a car? Mostly what it needs is just a really good wash and wax. I live on a road where people are driving by all the time and I just washed my car an hour ago and already it's got dust on it so I can't wax it. I could take it to Big Boys Toys and for $150 they'll do a full detail on it but they don't guarantee much.

Since right now I've got about 1/4" of dirt caked on the inside of my O.Z's, then no, I'm no good at detailing cars. But I can tear ass down a gravel road pretty well. I gave up on detailing a few months after I bought the WRX, but I used to use Meguiar's three step clean, polish, and wax. It worked pretty good
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

I use the Meguiar's 3 step system, and it's a damn workout on a wagon. Wash, dry, apply paint cleaner, remove paint cleaner, apply polish, remove polish, apply wax, remove wax, and if I still have anything left in me by that point, I do another coat of wax. I decided to do my wife's RS first this summer since she has to park it outside and it was not pleasant in my sweat shop of a garage... I've been putting off doing the WRX now for several weeks due to the heat.

I Support ClubWRX
    Step one: wash car with blue dawn.

Step two: Apply paint sealant, wait approximately 15 minutes. Buff off.

Step three: Wash car with car shampoo (ie meguiars gold class)

Step four: Use a synthetic wax to wax vehicle, let sit for approximately 15 minutes between coats. (at least two coats) (ie meguiars next generation)

Step Five: Wash car with car shampoo

Step Six: Wax vehicle with a carnuba wax, Let sit for approximately 15 minutes between coats. (at least 3 coats) (ie meguiars gold class)

Step Seven: Wash car with car shampoo.

That should be a pretty dam good self exterior detail! Also should take you about all day long to do. Might want to wait til right before winter and then thru spring.

lol forget that. I decided just to wash it again and wax it. That other crap is just too extensive for me. I do need to buy some meguiars products for the rubber and plastic that's on the car though. I will look into the 3 step system though. Sounds more realistic to me.
    Last edited by Biggs; 08-14-2005 at 11:40 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just thought Id post the whole drawn out how too. Just think, after all that....The interior is still dirty

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.