Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#1,177 · (Edited)
tools?

Alright... I sold my steering wheel and need to swap my stock one back on, but I don't have my tools with me here. If possible, I'd apppreciate it if I could borrow, let's see, a torque wrench, breaker bar, and a # 30 torx bit- I'd like to get it done by tomorrow afternoon, so if you've got these things and will be around, let me know...

Thanks in advance
-Andy [cell# 5413801373]

Oh, and Marty, give me a call sometime and I'd like to try to take that pedal box apart and see if anything can be done. Otherwise, I can just buy a replacement on Ebay for ya.

#1,179 ·
Does anyone in ashland (I guess marty or wade) have just a breaker bar? I've got the torx bit taken care of and am trying to take off the steering wheel nut without any kind of leverage- to no avail. ....off to look for a pipe or something of that sort.

Call me if you do- my cell # is a few posts down. If you can deliver it -well then- I've got an honest abe waitin for ya! :eek:

#1,181 ·
the_black_one said:
Does anyone in ashland (I guess marty or wade) have just a breaker bar? I've got the torx bit taken care of and am trying to take off the steering wheel nut without any kind of leverage- to no avail. ....off to look for a pipe or something of that sort.

Call me if you do- my cell # is a few posts down. If you can deliver it -well then- I've got an honest abe waitin for ya! :eek:
Sorry, no breaker bar. I usually just slip my jack handle over the end of the socket handle if I need extra leverage.

#1,182 ·
HS Monkeys with WRX's

Marty, you need to let your little friend with the silver winged rex know that I had to mash the brakes HARD to keep him from taking my front end out last night on I5 coming down the pass. If it wasn't him, my bad, however if it was... he was seriously about 1/2 a second away from A) causing some serious sh!t or B) me chasing him down and causing some serious sh!t

Sorry for the little rant, but I've had 1 car totaled by retards and to see another rex driving like a dumba$$ infuriated me.

#1,183 ·
Essvar said:
Marty, you need to let your little friend with the silver winged rex know that I had to mash the brakes HARD to keep him from taking my front end out last night on I5 coming down the pass. If it wasn't him, my bad, however if it was... he was seriously about 1/2 a second away from A) causing some serious sh!t or B) me chasing him down and causing some serious sh!t

Sorry for the little rant, but I've had 1 car totaled by retards and to see another rex driving like a dumba$$ infuriated me.
What time was that? Because he was tailing me through town after I pulled off the freeway on my way down from the mountain. He followed me all the way down Sisikiyou to the Shell station about 2 feet off my bumper and then turned down Walker. Little prick :mad:

#1,184 ·
Wade-0 said:
What time was that? Because he was tailing me through town after I pulled off the freeway on my way down from the mountain. He followed me all the way down Sisikiyou to the Shell station about 2 feet off my bumper and then turned down Walker. Little prick :mad:
It would have been around 6ish.... maybe a little before then

#1,185 ·
wow. i should check up on here more often.
-Andy- if you still need tools i got a breaker bar(not huge) and torque wrench. 292 2003. i dont check this site too often.

-About the 'prick'- It probably was him, he seems to drive with mroe speed than he knows what to do with. He has silverish rims and STi scoop, sparco seats, deabdged subaru letters, etc..not sure if you remember. i'll ask him if he's 'seen' other subies. he called me today saying he raced someone heading towards medford on 99, saying a 96ish car he couldnt describe was on his ass up until 120 where he started to lose her. said he hit 140. on 99. no upgrade brakes, no susp. no brains. he was stupfied(if thats a word) that some random car was keeping up, with two girls in the seats, said it looked like a commuter car.

im not saying i think he'll wreck, but i wouldnt be surprised. he's got good rubber but that can make you stupid on some roads when your tires hold better than your suspension, or any other element comprimises the strength of the tires.

oh yeah and be on the lookout for any REALLY cheap old subarus or something, for like 1500 or less. i really want a car for the next couple of years while im at SOU to rally in, and the wrx is too nice/fast/not mine to practice rallying. looking for subaru loyales, GLs, old audi's, whatever...pretty much a beater car that doesnt truly suck.

#1,188 ·
so i got to school normal time on friday (today) then realized on fridays we always start 45 min late. saw the other wrx kid, so we went for a drive (i was in xterra casue im going to the mtn at lunch, so i rode in his car)....up dead indian. he understeers a lot making his nice tires squeal, which is understandable but i dont think he realizes the next step beyond squealing...anyways its been a whiel since i was a little scared on a road that we werent pushing even 7 tenths intensity. anyways, he plans on kyb Silver/perrin suspension setup w/ perrin sways....should eliminate SOME understeer but im guessing the back end might be hitting the fence...

damn i want sways!

#1,191 ·
Man that car is a rocket now. Kinda fun watching the EGT gauge rise and fall.... Also looks like I hit around 17 or so PSI on boost when I nail the throttle. Ran it to Eugene today, and I managed 26.8 mpg from Eugene to home. Not bad for 75 mph on tha passes between here and there.

#1,192 ·
^^ i've been getting boost spikes cause i need to re-adjust my wastegate valve thing. i hit 17.5ish then drop to my normal high of like 16.5ish... i was gogin to adjust it when i removed by bov last week but i couldnt find a 12mm for my heat shield! i hate being unorganized..

#1,194 ·
Well, finishing Dave's ride up really made me want finally jump up to stage 2.... at least a tuned stage 2. So i'll be ordering my PDXtuning accessport this week (and eating top ramen for the rest of the month) Who wants to do ANOTHER up pipe.... muahahahahahah:rotfl:

#1,200 ·
i could be down for an UP install, i still have a minor leak when i'm cold engine, and an extra CU gasket sitting here. just not sure if i care enough to go under and re-do..

#1,201 ·
FINALLY!
i'm not sure yet, but i think i am going to go for a new turbo setup. i have been saving and haev enough, but i am going to wait until i get even more so i am not spending half my saving on a car upgrade..
I have been thinking of the vf-22. i know its laggy, but in the twisties, when am i ever below 4k? rarely. its also got a bigger payoff up high, and its relatively cheap and my current exhaust upgrade wont be thrown away, or the AP.. plus, turbo lag just gives a courtesy head start. anyways, i'm gonna keep working so this can all work out nicely. I'm going to be at SOU for at least the next two years, so i'm saving money on rent by living at home.
anyways if you guys have any other ideas on turbos let me know im all ears...like where i can get injectors installed around here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.