Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#1,157 ·
No I appreciate the feed back and or opinons as i am still learnig the ins and outs of suby... i have been into hondas for so long it hard to get into something else. Most of what i have learned have been on this sight and some others --oh and some from Bo, but we all know he's full of *%$@ if you or anyone else has info regarding the detonation issue let me know im kind of concerned. Also if anyone has some good tech sites they would like to share that would be awsome I need to read up somemore.

#1,160 ·
:whoa: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop me if im freaking out, but by the sounds of it im really, really, really screwed if i dont get e.m. NOW! -----I had to move money around (the money i was saving to fix the body damage and repaint on my integra) but i have the money to get the access port from cobb. Does anyone know if they offer overnight shipping?:) -i guess that the subys gettin a serious kick in the hp dept, in stead of getting the tires out of the garage

#1,164 ·
Stg2 Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i got the accessport today and did the flash. I got say im pretty happy with the results. The in boost hesitation and jerks are gone and the power comes on alot stronger! To anyone that is wondering about the quality of the product its top notch.- and like Dave said it really easy to install --if you read the directions:rolleyes: The AP gets the thumbs up from me.:)

---oh thanx again to Dave,Bo and everyone for the info and help

#1,166 ·
hey everyone- got a little boyRacer action form this weekend...

so im stage 2 from cobb, UP/DP/exhaust to the side off the DP. i raced the 04 sivler WRX from the kid at my school the other day, he has PDX Custom tuned ecu, UP and turbo-back exhaust, short ram inake, pulleys and intercooler hoses.

first i took a ride in his car, he has nice sparcos and gadgets inside, felt very fast too. he burned his clutch the only time he launched though....

now in my car and him in his, the first 'race' was kinda awkward, i got slight late start which must have messed me up cause i bogged, but not to bad,while he got ahead but burned his clutch again- SO stinky. its a new clutch too, i dont think he should be runnign it hard after only a few weeks, he destoryed his old one, hes had the car a few months... so anyways that race sucked, he shut down before we got into second gear.

now we head onto the highway. in third gear side by side he honks three times, yet doenst go right away on the third honk, but i do. i start out then about half a car ahead, and i expect him to pull on me....nothing. i had to shut down, there were cars....so we wait a bit and then try again.

this time, in third, we both go at the same time, and all the way through 3rd i look at his car and i am slowly pulling away from him. i was surprised... shifting into fourth im almost a car length on him...not really sure exactly, but def. noticeably ahead..

the outcome was weird, i thought since he has more stuff he would win? maybe my cutout exhaust really helps? maybe its bugeye power?
it wasnt really driver skill cause i was pulling when we both started in third...
-marty

#1,167 ·
Soooo, I spend the money and buy a set of JDM side markers for my wagon. I take the time and create wiring harnesses for my Morettes to hook up the lights. Found the diagrams and set up an appointment to get the holes cut. Drop my car off last night, and got a call this afternoon from the body man, saying he don't want to do it as he's afraid of burning the paint...:unhappy: He then offers to go to Nickels shop and see how much they want to do it. They don't want to touch it either..:mad: So, do any of you guys know an un-lame body shop here in the valley? I don't want to have to sell these lights.....

#1,169 ·
Essvar said:
I bet Anderson autobody in Ashland would do it, they do a really ****ty job at paintwork. But i'd imagine they are willing to hack and cut away at anything for the right price.

Well I would like to get something better than a hack and cut..... :tongue: Went home at lunch today, and SOS called me. Seems they would like to see my 78 DL, as they are interested in buying it as a floor display like the 360 van they already have. I'm going tomorrow after work, and see what they have to say. Could be interesting, or it could be a jerk-me-around festival....

#1,170 ·
What's up everybody- enjoying the weather? :baaa:

I've got a line on some new ground control coilovers (just the spring, not the strut) for pretty cheap- anyone have any experience with this brand? I would love to have adjustable ride height.

And Marty, if you've still got it, would you let me try to fix that pedal? I honestly didn't know it had been broken, though only partially or whatever.

#1,171 ·
andy- its the internal stuff thats broken, you can see it all messed up from teh plastic piece of the brake.....yeah you can take a look but i doubt it can be fixed, and it did happen right when i set it up before use.. i've been dealing with liek a billion things lately so no worries. im gonna look around see if its possiblke to buy just a pedal set..

anyone plannign on going to the ORegon trail rally? i really think i should make it up there...how far of a drive is hillsboro?

#1,172 ·
rally02wrx said:
anyone plannign on going to the ORegon trail rally? i really think i should make it up there...how far of a drive is hillsboro?
I usually try to make it. Hillsboro is about 4 hours north, right outside of Portland heading out Hwy 26 toward Seaside. The rally starts and ends there, but usually most of the stages are all around the Vernonia area. When is it? I haven't checked the schedule this year.

#1,173 ·
Well my weekend was one adventure after another. I decided to to install my ILP short shifter, Hella fogs, and my Morettes. Short shifter went well, and works really slick. The Hellas went in ok, but I wound up having to do the fog light mod per Scoobymods.com, because the were causing the highbeams to stay stuck on if the foglight switch was on when I switched the highs off. Something about not having stock headlights hooked up made weired things happen until I did the mod. I use a headlight connector to trigger a harness I custom made to run a set of Morettes, and that proceeded to freak the system out. Oh well, it all works really well now. Essvar, you up to an exhaust install in 2 weeks? Oh yeah, got my intake delete elbow installed also.....;-) Now, I'm looking for a set of tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.