The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 46
Page 46 of 187 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rally02wrx wade, dont you love all the orange honda's hood scoops though? I almost had an accident ...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    wade, dont you love all the orange honda's hood scoops though?
    I almost had an accident because I was laughing so hard.

Does the kid with the eclipse work at Goodwill?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope, both work at Azteca, they own the place, the eclipse is green. when i first moved here i met him at soccer and his brother too and i thought maybe the eclipse one would be a good car friend, he has a turbo and all. more and more recently ive realized how much hes turning into his brother, bought chrome rims, altezzas, unmatched body kit, raising car to fit kit, bov and axleback exhaust as mods.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    i knew he was faster than a stock Si, even though we never raced.

anybody know the best way to drive to the coast? my brother and i are gonna go explore sometime since neither of us haev ever been to oreogn coast, and want to know of any cool spots or routes to go....

oh and i was just talking with my ricer buddy in town who drives a green eclipse, now accented with white body kit front and back and supra lights.....anyway he was driving his brother's car (super-orange civic with hoodscoops, formally green) and my friend and i notice something that looks like a FMIC. we ask what it is, he seriously says, "im pretty sure its a V-tec. my brother put it on last week." last time i checked v-tec was something to do with variable valve timing inside the engine involving cams and whatnot.....wow. a new low.

but heres my question. from a stock integra LS engine, can you easily just "switch to v-tec?" cause im under the impression its harder than just changing out to v-tec cams... i ask becasue his brother's aforementioned orange civic swapped an integra LS engine in a while back, and now people say he put "a vtec on"
    It is pretty simple, you have to add an oil feed line to the back of the block, then you have to add a VTEC Head to the LS Block (or CRV B20) Then you run wires to add the vtec wiring in and then you have to swap your ecu to a vtec ecu. quite the powerful motor when it is all done.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    There are acutally a lot of kids in the valley running LS/VTEC or B20VTEC motors, Ive done 4 since Ive quit bein a tech last year.

i believe you, but everyhting these kids say comes striaght out their asses. im not gonna argue much about them but its just sad how they just dont know. i was just highlighting the fact that one of em called something in his grill "a vetec"..i was still laughing whihc is why i brought it up.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

I Support ClubWRX
    oh yea, I understand, I just take it like they are learning tho, I was like that someday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Drags August 5th....(this friday) who wants to run?

This is me planning ahead so I can actually attend, and probably race this time......
    You still planning on going? I think it's too friggin hot, and Colleen's going away party is tonight too. What's the plan?

I Support ClubWRX
    hey *****, I invited you to the dukes of hazard and u block my text message hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    hey *****, I invited you to the dukes of hazard and u block my text message hahaha
    That was you? I replied asking who it was from, and got no reply. Hehe... I have a friend who's moving down to the Bay, so we're having a party for her tonight.

hey losers, you know what the title of this thread is? its called the next meet. so lets stick to the topic.
    okay but seriously i think we should all go for a drive sometime....anybody in?

okay resume useless banter.

oh yeah and im in GP tommorrow and sunday... maybe i'll see 240kph crusing around. if i knew how long and when i will be there it'd be cool to meet up and drive but as of now i have no idea when i will leave and whatnot...(soccer tournament.)

Hey if you see me honk and wave. Hell, if you want to meet up you can find my number in the Rogue Subies directory. I won't be in town until after 3:30. I went to the drags tonight, hot as hell. There was an 05 sedan with the kid running between 15.7-18.3. It was horrible. I almost teched my car in just so the girl with the nice ass didn't think WRX's were slow. There was also a blue 02/03 in the parking area with a huge "IMPORT DRAG RACING CIRCUIT" windshield banner and and a Maui Built sticker on the rear passenger window. It was pretty stock looking. I got to see my friend Rich run his turbo Rabbit again. 13.4. Kind of disappointing as to where we thought it was going to be, but at least its running again. It's coming back with water/alchohol injection. It's gonna suprise the hell out of the people who forgot about it.

On a side note, a couple of my friends got into an e-thug argument with some of the guys on the Medford Tuners site. An actual quote from one of those ricers - "I'd much rather drive a nice looking car with a bodykit and a paint job that runs 15's than a pile of **** that runs 12's" Or something like that. I heard it secondhand. My account there expired a long time ago. Ask Ian, I think he's on that site. (or some other guy who wants help installing his turbo kit, could be a a freak coincidence)
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

I Support ClubWRX
    I cant even stand to hear the words Medford Tuners. I hate those pricks. Anybody ever want to see a whole lot of a$$ kicking stick me in a room with them.

Yeah, they invited us out to go racing in the orchards tonight but I don't think I'm going to go. I've got to wake up at 5 tommorow and am already running on only a couple hours of sleep.
    - Steve -
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160

Ehh, I went and checked out the thread. It was slightly exxagerated when told to me, just ricer being ricers. http://www.medfordtuners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=763 It does have a pretty comprehensive list of my "car club." (I use that term VERY loosely) It also had some cool pics. The first one is my buddy Rich's turbo rabbit (low 13's, soon to be high 12's). The second is my friend Eric's 5.0 (high 13's/low 14's). The third one has a few cars in it. Glenn's high 13sec 2.3 turbo-powered Fairmont. Behind that his older brother Reeve's turbo RX-7 and in the back Reeve's 12 second 2.3 turbo-powered Mercury Capri. Yep, two 4-bangers and a rotary. Then a fourth bonus pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 116981906_l.jpg   147068412_l.jpg   168151857_l.jpg   168152739_l.jpg  
    - Steve -