The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 188 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I wont, but it does seem kind of necessary to have them all... NOS pressure EGT Oil Pressure Boost Coolant ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I wont, but it does seem kind of necessary to have them all...

NOS pressure
    EGT
    Oil Pressure
    Boost
    Coolant Temp
    Air fuel ratio

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    I wont, but it does seem kind of necessary to have them all...

NOS pressure
    EGT
    Oil Pressure
    Boost
    Coolant Temp
    Air fuel ratio
    You might want to switch to Oil Temp instead of pressure, just something I've heard a lot of people say they'd do if they had it to do over again. And A/F ratio is a waste too.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

+1 for Wade-O again... lose the A/F and go temp vs. pressure... You can replace the A/F gauge with a muffler bearing velocity reader... they are much more useful
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

speaking of turboed non-turbo cars, anyone seen a silver Civic Si hatch thing without a front hood? i've seen him a few times in medford or ahsland driving really fast. one time my bro slowed down to wait for him and maybe give a go but the kid just flew by.... today he tried to race us out of a light but didnt know we were turning left....anyway i think i heard a bov when he shifted so it could be fast
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    speaking of turboed non-turbo cars, anyone seen a silver Civic Si hatch thing without a front hood? i've seen him a few times in medford or ahsland driving really fast. one time my bro slowed down to wait for him and maybe give a go but the kid just flew by.... today he tried to race us out of a light but didnt know we were turning left....anyway i think i heard a bov when he shifted so it could be fast
    Yes, I think he lives at the corner of Hersey and Hellman.

Edit: Ok, maybe not. I just drove by there, and the house I saw him parked in front of yesterday is actually a B&B, so he might just be a tourist. Or maybe he was broken down and parked it there.
    Last edited by Wade-0; 08-04-2005 at 06:49 PM.
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    I would seriously consider the super16g or the 18g from deadbolt, they really put out better numbers, and they are cheaper. You would have to go with larger injectors than the pinks, and a custom tune.... but I think you get more bang for your buck with Deadbolt..... Just look into it
    Not really an option with the AccessPort. No one local that custom tunes em.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    His name is Ryan Davis, he bought the greddy turbo kit from me for it. Its pretty quick.
    He was dead nuts even with me, thats one fast honda........But still slower than my old one

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Not really an option with the AccessPort. No one local that custom tunes em.
    Yea the Accesport has maps for the VF34. But I have a super 16g (16g with 18g internals) off my brothers old DSM in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Yea the Accesport has maps for the VF34. But I have a super 16g (16g with 18g internals) off my brothers old DSM in my garage.
    You'd have to have it modified to bolt on to a WRX. But it might be cheap. DeadBolt could probably do it for you. You'd have to go EcuTek though, or UTEC. I'm seriously considering a Super16G for my stage 4 setup whenever I get around to it.

i knew he was faster than a stock Si, even though we never raced.

anybody know the best way to drive to the coast? my brother and i are gonna go explore sometime since neither of us haev ever been to oreogn coast, and want to know of any cool spots or routes to go....

oh and i was just talking with my ricer buddy in town who drives a green eclipse, now accented with white body kit front and back and supra lights.....anyway he was driving his brother's car (super-orange civic with hoodscoops, formally green) and my friend and i notice something that looks like a FMIC. we ask what it is, he seriously says, "im pretty sure its a V-tec. my brother put it on last week." last time i checked v-tec was something to do with variable valve timing inside the engine involving cams and whatnot.....wow. a new low.

but heres my question. from a stock integra LS engine, can you easily just "switch to v-tec?" cause im under the impression its harder than just changing out to v-tec cams... i ask becasue his brother's aforementioned orange civic swapped an integra LS engine in a while back, and now people say he put "a vtec on"
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

Is that the same orange civic with 2 hood scoops that I saw parked on Normal a couple days ago with a for sale sign?

I would think that to "upgrade to VTec" would just be basically a head swap, among other things to support it, but I'm no Honda guy.

To get to the coast, head up to Grants Pass and take the first exit, signs should say 199 Redwood Highway. If you follow it all the way west you will actually end up in the N. Cali coast. You have to head up 101 about 20 miles to get back to Oregon. Personally, I prefer to head south, cuz the redwoods are freakin awesome.

+1 on redwood highway Beautiful drive, good scenery + corners.

I think a vtec swap requires new ecu/wiring/a bunch of other **** too. But who knows, maybe it actually is a FMIC like he said.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    I think a vtec swap requires new ecu/wiring/a bunch of other **** too.
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0411scc_hybrid/

I see while I was busy on google somebody else was curious too...lol I was coming back with cut-n-paste when I read your post.

"The parts list to do a VTEC swap is anything but short. However, aside from the cylinder head and ECU, everything is fairly inexpensive. Here's what you'll need:

·DOHC VTEC B-series cylinder head complete with valve cover, intake manifold, VTEC solenoid assembly and internals
    · VTEC ECU
    · VTEC B-series distributor
    · '90-'01 Integra LS head gasket
    · '94-'01 Integra GS-R head bolts (also Type R, del Sol DOHC VTEC and Civic Si)
    · '94-'01 Integra GS-R water pump (also Type R, del Sol DOHC VTEC and Civic Si)
    · '94-'01 Integra GS-R timing belt (also Type R)
    · '94-'01 Integra GS-R knock sensor (also Type R, del Sol DOHC VTEC and Civic Si)
    · -4 steel braided hose with female ends, 22 inches in length
    · 1/8-inch NPT female to 1/8-inch NPT female to 1/8-inch BSPT male on run pipe tee
    · 1/8-inch NPT male to -4 male straight adaptor
    · 3/8-inch NPT male to -4 male straight adaptor
    · 1/8-inch internal pipe plug
    · 1/8-inch NPT pipe tap
    · 3/8-inch NPT pipe tap
    · 14mm drill bit
    · 10.9mm drill bit
    · 12mmx1.25mm tap"
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

yep wade, same civic. thanks for the advice on the roads.
    and the kid said IT was a Vtec, not a FMIC. im not stupid either, i know a vtec isnt a little air cooler thingy in the front of a grill. anyways that swap is what i figured...and from my history of these "modders" i know none of that swappage occurred. especially wiring a new ECU and everything. the eclipse kid got too low of a body kit so he cant drive it anywhere, (he hits on the tollman creek railroad tracks! and cant go up a hil from a flat street. so instead of dithcing the kit he's jacking up his car so he can drive it......smart.
    wade, dont you love all the orange honda's hood scoops though?