The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 43
Page 43 of 188 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Wade-0 So did you get the certificate and everything required by the state? What does it say? ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    So did you get the certificate and everything required by the state? What does it say?

I was curious about the state tint law. It says you can go darker than 35% on any windows behind the driver/front passenger on vehicles with "special features for occasional off-road operation". Sounds to me like an exact description of our cars. I was thinking you could do the driver windows at 35% and the rest of the car as dark as you want, and it would still be legal. Of course, you might have to argue it to a judge.

Here's the law: http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_or.html

I have a friend in Eugene who got pulled over and ticketed for no front plate (he removed it for his FMIC) and tint too dark. He said the cop actually had a light transmittance meter. Was an expensive fix-it ticket, considering he had to have the tint removed and redone.
    My brother in law gave ur buddy that ticket!! he called me sayin he just ticketed a really nice WRX with a front mount intercooler (he has illegal tint on his by the way! )
    Last edited by T0rque; 08-01-2005 at 12:13 AM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Drags August 5th....(this friday) who wants to run?

This is me planning ahead so I can actually attend, and probably race this time......
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I Support ClubWRX
    too hot and stupid house work for me to do! My wife loves to spend our money on the house but never give me a dam dime.....................GOD FARKIN DARNIT sorry just really po'd at her

Oh my, sounds like your pussitis is even worse than Wades......what is this world coming to? I know Marty has the wuevos to kick down.....

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Oh my, sounds like your pussitis is even worse than Wades......what is this world coming to? I know Marty has the wuevos to kick down.....
    I might be down. Have to check my calendar to see what we're doin this weekend. I don't know if Marty would be able to go without one of his 'rents tagging along though.

Speaking of Marty, I might be interested in buying some of that brake fluid off ya, since you have like a lifetime supply of it. Is it the Wilwood 570, or 600?
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

They look good to me... how many miles did you have them on your car?

Only a couple of thousand at most. I went through my statements and it looks like I paid for them on 6-13-2005. So they were on for a little over a month and a half. I wasn't watching the mileage so figure ~50mile 5 days a week (except the last week where I drove my corolla while preparing for tint) and tooling around town, etc.
    Last edited by 240kph; 08-01-2005 at 05:08 PM.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

I Support ClubWRX
    dam women dude......I am probably going to sell the WRX so if anybody wants an 05 with 7k miles let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    dam women dude......I am probably going to sell the WRX so if anybody wants an 05 with 7k miles let me know.

Sell the wife. Use WRX to attract new wife.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    I need too. She hasnt even given it up in like 17 months.!

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    I need too. She hasnt even given it up in like 17 months.!

I swear to god dude, if you get a minivan I am going to cut your nuts off.... just so you can fit in perfectly.

And don't force me to buy that up-pipe from yah

well...yeah wade i can get you some fluid..how many bottles? i think its wilwood 570. 90% sure but the garage is so far away and ya know....
    as for the drags i may go but im not sure if im gonna take her out... 20 bucks for some straight line isnt the coolest in my book. it'd be interesting to see what i can get but i also think they wouldnt let me race since im 17... how long do they have open drages? it'd be cool if they had em in the fall too.

i also have a question for anybody whos gonna be under their car this week or sometime... i have a squealing noise (assumed it is the wheel bearing, bc when i turn and get wieght off the front right, it squeals, quiet when weiogh on it....) but i think it could also be from the piece i pictured below....cause its a little wiggly and i didnt think thats a good thing.... but i want to know if everybody's is liek that too....
    its the lower axle with the boot on it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tranny pic.JPG  
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like your axle seal could use some replacing, check the fluid in the diff make sure it isnt low and a bearring squeeling in it, more than likely a wheel bearring, could also be a belt. When your body moves your chassis moves making your motor move also possibilty of a belt likely. Probably wheel bearring.

The drags go thru september usually.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    I swear to god dude, if you get a minivan I am going to cut your nuts off.... just so you can fit in perfectly.

And don't force me to buy that up-pipe from yah

Why would I need a minivan, I dont have kids and my wife says she is too fat to give it up so it looks like I wont have one for awhile!!! Which is a big on my part....but I would like to get a truck to haul my quads with. I always have the bike to ride...I also could get a cheap honda for daily driving and autocrossing.

I Support ClubWRX
    forget it, she can kiss my butt, Im not gettin rid of the suby

Sometimes I feel like Im talkin to myself....