The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 42
Page 42 of 187 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rally02wrx well, in BMW terms, 4 cyl is tiny..... right now its all Inline 6 lumps as ...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    well, in BMW terms, 4 cyl is tiny..... right now its all Inline 6 lumps as the smallest.
    oh yeah and its my birthday today...woot. ...what'd you all buy me?

wade-O: were you out driving on saturday morning around 2 a.m. by NAPA?
    Ummm... I don't think so. Maybe it was my evil twin brother that I've heard so much about.

Has anyone seen the silver WRX wagon for sale at Ashland Motors? They've had it up on the main display stage for a while now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    I'll be going to 215 on Saturday.
    Why not 225?

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    yup, USCC Nino..... he's doing real estate now though
    Hmmm... Sounds like Rocky has started a new trend

Got my windows tinted yesterday, Doug did a great job at Sunscape. Friendly dude, too. He did it even though I showed up almost a half hour late. I nodded off while trying to stay up the whole night (see previous post) Anyways, I got 25%, which is just about perfect. It looks sick. I'll ty to get some pics when I wash it, which won't be for a couple of days. I always get water inside of the frameless windows around the edges, and I want to wait until the tint's fully set and dry. Not taking any chances.
    So did you get the certificate and everything required by the state? What does it say?

I was curious about the state tint law. It says you can go darker than 35% on any windows behind the driver/front passenger on vehicles with "special features for occasional off-road operation". Sounds to me like an exact description of our cars. I was thinking you could do the driver windows at 35% and the rest of the car as dark as you want, and it would still be legal. Of course, you might have to argue it to a judge.

Here's the law: http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_or.html

I have a friend in Eugene who got pulled over and ticketed for no front plate (he removed it for his FMIC) and tint too dark. He said the cop actually had a light transmittance meter. Was an expensive fix-it ticket, considering he had to have the tint removed and redone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Hmmm... Sounds like Rocky has started a new trend
    Yeah I guess so, I saw Mr. Primo rolling in an X5 the other day so I guess he's doing pretty well.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

How bad do you think it is letting the car wind up to 5k rpms from time to time? Usually when I do it, I do it in 1st gear since it winds up so quick.

My engine is starting to make a little noise. I don't know how to describe it except that it sounds like a little bit of excessive engine noise. My brother thought it was a belt but the belt is good. I think it might be the turbo. When is the next drag race? Then I can show you guys what I'm talkin about and maybe you would have ideas.
    Last edited by Biggs; 07-31-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs
    How bad do you think it is letting the car wind up to 5k rpms from time to time? Usually when I do it, I do it in 1st gear since it winds up so quick.

I usually shift around 6k, sometimes higher depending on the gear. You need to get into the gas some more, these cars don't really even start to come alive until 4k. Just make sure the engine is warmed up first, and you should be fine.

I usually shift around 6k, sometimes higher depending on the gear. You need to get into the gas some more, these cars don't really even start to come alive until 4k. Just make sure the engine is warmed up first, and you should be fine.
    I'm just more concerned with long-term reliability. Plus I was wondering whether that may have caused whatever the noise is in my engine.

oh my god. "winding up" is putting it lightly. the car comes alive at 5! whenever i am on a somewhat spirited drive i shift around 6k every shift. im not a perfect example of engine safety, but since 2002 my car has been revved to 7k through every gear almmost every day. 70k miles on it.... my brother would always shift high when we would go for drives, now that the car is older im the major driver i like to shift at 6ish to be a little bit easier on the car. of course, daily driving i shift at like 2-3ish.
    now with my turboback, uppipe and tuning i get real good pull from 3 on, but in a stock car you def. need to rev to 6500 to get the potentional of the turbo...
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

so to answer your question, i dont think its bad to rev to 5k once in a while. at all. my car has had no significant problems, knock on wood, with a lot and a lot of hard mountain driving from my brother or myself, shifting at 6500+. i encourage you to let it go to at least 65000, thats where your biggest power would be anyways, not at 7,000.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Wade - 215 because I hated the tires rubbing and I didn't want to take a chance of them doing it again. Driving them since yesterday and they're working out great. I got the same tires (Toyo Proxes 4) just smaller.

Also, about the tint, if the vehicle is a truck or multi-purpose vehicle you can get all but the front side windows tinted to whatever you want. Mine's a little less than legal, but not by much. He told me before he started, "you know this isn't legal, right". You can look in your door jamb and it will say passenger car.

Biggs - I always to used to hear that you needed to rapp out your engine regularly to clean all the carbon deposits out of it. Whether it was an old wive's tale or just a joke, I don't know, but I know it's not gonna hurt it. The EJ20 is a loud motor with lots of little noises.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

For wade or any other wagoneer....
    http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106452

...just ran across it and thought one of you may be interested in a little JDM rice-ification

Don't melt in the heat down there guys... I'm already looking forward to moving back -this place is kinda hokey- How late in the summer do the drags run? I've got a friend who probably wants to run his integra, and I may myself, just for kicks.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Biggs - I always to used to hear that you needed to rapp out your engine regularly to clean all the carbon deposits out of it. Whether it was an old wive's tale or just a joke, I don't know, but I know it's not gonna hurt it. The EJ20 is a loud motor with lots of little noises.
    Yeah my only concern though is that it seems to be a new noise. I don't like new noises.

Yeah my only concern though is that it seems to be a new noise. I don't like new noises.
    Aren't you still under warranty? If you're really concerned, take it in and have it checked out. And make sure your oil isn't low.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ummm... I don't think so. Maybe it was my evil twin brother that I've heard so much about.

Has anyone seen the silver WRX wagon for sale at Ashland Motors? They've had it up on the main display stage for a while now.

Dude your twin is for sale, I didnt know he had the STi scoop also? It is on the corner of court and mccandrews in medford on that lot.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC