The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 40
Page 40 of 187 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hahahaha yea I sold the biotch! Yea the driving sucks, but I have to agree with the guys in the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    hahahaha yea I sold the biotch! Yea the driving sucks, but I have to agree with the guys in the drag racing forum that my MPH was not there and that was because of heat and lack of oxygen! oh well better luck next time, plus I will get my up pipe done soon!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can't expect to take over the world on the first try, I just hope you guys had fun out there, sorry I couldn't make it I had prior engagements. So next time let me know you'all are going to head out there a little earlier.

Maybe I'll run next time they are open, just to we can get a comparison before you do the up-pipe and tuning.

Speaking of up-pipes you still got that extra stocker marty? Let's work something out
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Yeah, I had fun watching. I think next time I'm going to have to run. We also had prime viewing position for the ginormous forest fire. Looked like a freaking volcano when the sun went down

why the hate for the BOV? they dont help anything, but i think some sound cool. if i owned the Greddy Type-S one i would shoot myself. the only one i would ever own is the HKS. but some kid with his silver 04 has exhasut and HKS bov now and i hate people thinking hes me anyway so i might take it off again... i admit its my rice mod. but i am no ricar. my brother put it back on cause he missed the sound so its gonna be on for a little while, at least until i find some hose so my boost guage works on the stocker. my car feels really fast when i drove it last night, im hitting like 16 psi again and pulling very strong....at least at night.
    feels good to be leak free and catless again!
    -marty
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    but some kid with his silver 04 has exhasut and HKS bov now and i hate people thinking hes me anyway so i might take it off again...
    He pulled up when I was eating at Happy Falafel and I heard him coming, saw the silver car and just started waving cuz I thought it was you. Then he hopped out, all mean mugging me, and went into the tanning salon next door. I was like, "Whoa, he's too cool!"

all those words and no....

"sure Troy, I still have that extra up-pipe that you can have, gutt and pay me for"

Your BoV can do a little harm because it makes you run rich between shifts, Hence all the backfires you get. But to each their own I say......

I want to side by side drag with Bo, that would be fun.....although I would surely win because my car has a wing... and EVERYONE knows that wings are faster

Oh, I almost forgot.... The mystery WRB rex rolling the "subzeros" Is actually my buddy Nino. Who bought the car because I got all drunk one night and let him drive me home in my car.... so he went and got same damn car the very next week.

And they actually aren't subzero's they are something else, I couldn't quite tell because we were driving, but I know they aren't subzero's because he tried to sell them to me. Hindsight I should have bought them because he got em for 500 with rubbers....

I Support ClubWRX
    Ill race ya, I kept beating the s2000 last night until I shifted at 6 cuz Im an idiot, oh well I almost killed it, shifted at 6 and still pulled off a 15.02 I had fun but was way too hot. I hope to see 14.5 with my current situation maybe 14.3 with up pipe, I wont stop til I hit 13s tho...Maybe VF34 in my future!!! you can have my up pipe when Im done wit it

no vf34..... DB20g or the Super16... mo bettah buttah

When is the next track day? (yes i'm too damn lazy to look it up myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    Oh, I almost forgot.... The mystery WRB rex rolling the "subzeros" Is actually my buddy Nino.
    USCC Nino?

yup, USCC Nino..... he's doing real estate now though

yeah, i know about getting rich between shifts....but i like thje pops and crackles anywho. yeah sure we can work something out for the uppipe.

wade- did the kid wave or anything? i have a story about him...
    he called me yesterday and we talked about his plans for his car. he ordered his "sparco stuff" thats on the way for the interior. seats, race belts, stuff liek that. hes never going to race it though he tells me. he's having it all installed by someone else....just like his magnaflow catback.....i laughed and thought to myself, "instruction manual."
    his plan was to get the gpmoto turbo kit and have it put on by someone up in portland, which seems cool... and he was advised to get a new flywheel and clutch first. he also wanted to know about upgrading brakes, suspension before the turbo kit is on, and was concerned about the weak WRX tranny, hence the long phone call. to have brakes, (wants something liek a brembo BBKit) suspension, tranny and turbo kit (that doesnt include fuel pump or injectors i learned) it would cost a fortune (that he has, but it would be stupid spending.) think about it. brakes installed? 4 grand. suspension? another 3. turbo kit? 3. plus Fuel pump and injectors, installed. plus labor? then he tells me hes getting full cobb turboback "cause its the best" for some ridiculous amount, despite already having a catback. another grand at least. plus whatever a used STi tranny goes for liek 5 grand? maybe. plus a small install charge, right? so thats like 13 grand that he plans on spending, plus his interior, wheels and scoop, and STi wing maybe. oh and HKS bov oh yeah and if he wanted to push crazy numbers liek he does, he wouldn want to buy a new block anyways with forged internals and stuff that would make him last more than a year....
    EDIT: plus 2 grand for the flywheel/clutch and install. Subaru charged me 1200 for just clutch to be done, cheaper w/ flywheel but he needs better than OEM parts...
    so i told him to trade up and get an STi if he wants a lot of power (he does, liek 450 or so i guess.) i hate helping peopel out like this when they dont know anything about the car and have all the money to spend on it....but anyway i told him get STi b/c it already has a good engine and decent power to start from. then do somehting like buy a Garret gt350R turbo and get turbo back exhaust and be done. for a lot less money, time and hassle.
    i feel like i wrote a book.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.

You did write a book.....

I say let him do whatever he wants.... but give him a little card with www.clubwrx.net on it and tell him to click the search button. If he doesn't and wants to blow up his car... then all the better for us because I am more than willing to buy the parts off him for 1/8th the price he paid.

well ya see whatever HE wants is whatever i say.....basically. he really doesnt know anything. as an example the other kid at my school with an 05...i told him removing the ej20 to get a little more power was free and easy.......and he's like...awesome tell me how!
    so fun.

and besides, if i had like 50 grand to spend on a car, im pretty sure i wouldnt have a wrx.....
    and with this kid i know he wont handle the power...
    i told him i'll race him at the strip in a year. i bet i'll win cause his will be in the shop broken...

I Support ClubWRX
    Tell him he is an a$$hat for copying what you want in your car. I had a dude like that when I had my Bimmer, guy did everything I did to mine just went the cheaper route, still pissed me off tho. Kick the guy square in his chops and tell him to learn about his car and stop botherin you about it