The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by the_black_one I'm off work at around 5 on fri/sat/sun. So, with all of this extra daylight, could ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    I'm off work at around 5 on fri/sat/sun. So, with all of this extra daylight, could we make it in the evening possibly?

BTW, Wade, how does one get access to that gated parking lot downtown? Elks memeber? I can never find a damn spot - and that lot is right next to the resaurant I work at- and it never even comes close to filling up.

And does anyone know the best place to buy tires around here? I went to Less Schwab yesterday, and they tried to sell me those wanna-be falken's- the 'zexius' ones... but I'm leaning toward ordering exactly what I want online.
    ZEXIUS is Hankook tires, you can get real falkens from the cowboy if you want

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    You just have to be an American citizen, non-communist ( ), and sponsored by a member. The membership costs < $80 a year, plus a $50 one time application fee. There are actually a ton of younger members, and almost all the new additions in the last year have been 40 or younger. If you're interested, I can get you an application.

I would suggest first trying to find a place around here that will mount them for you. I thought about doing the same thing, but none of the tire shops would mount tires that I didn't buy from them .
    Expert Tire in Medford mounted and balanced some tires that I bought from www.discounttire.com
    I would recommend Expert Tire any day. They are even open on Sundays, which is usually most convenient for me.
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

You just have to be an American citizen, non-communist ( ), and sponsored by a member. The membership costs < $80 a year, plus a $50 one time application fee. There are actually a ton of younger members, and almost all the new additions in the last year have been 40 or younger. If you're interested, I can get you an application.
    The Elks club is pretty fun here in Ashland. I just dislike the how smokey the bar is! I guess the super strong and cheap drinks make up for it.
    There are quite a few college students and younger members at the Ashland Elks lodge. There are some pretty cool poker nights that they have at the Elk's lodge too.
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

Screw the cowboy- LPP, you know how to use that machine? And do you have weights? (preferably the stick-on ones) If you think you can avoid scratching the wheels, I'd gladly pay you the 9.75/tire the cowboy charges... or whatever you think is reasonable...

I went to Russ Johnston's tires today and asked them if they could mount tires I brought in, but they gave me the stink eye- as I should have expected.

im down for something...fri/sat med tuners? maybe not....
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    I went to Russ Johnston's tires today and asked them if they could mount tires I brought in, but they gave me the stink eye- as I should have expected.
    That old guy's a *****er! I asked him last year when I was shopping around for my summer tires. I'm still pissed. His prices were shat, and his attititude was asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS97C5
    The Elks club is pretty fun here in Ashland.
    That's my lodge

Yeah, I usually take my drinks up to the mezzanine, the view and chairs are much better up there anyway.

I'll keep an eye out for ya on the weekends. Are you a member?

I Support ClubWRX
    yup made many a dollar on that tire machine (I love used and abused cars, they paid 2.4 hrs to mount and balance tires). Plenty of wheel weights and a new balance machine too. Also, I wont scratch the wheels............Well at least way less than the cowboy or mullet master (advantage tire) would.

I Support ClubWRX
    That old guy's a *****er! I asked him last year when I was shopping around for my summer tires. I'm still pissed. His prices were shat, and his attititude was asshat.
    ASSHAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anyways........not to get back on subject but what are we doing this weekend? i say ricer break up!
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    anyways........not to get back on subject but what are we doing this weekend? i say ricer break up!
    Im down....

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    That depends... is it gonna rain cats and dogs again? This weather is so messed up. 70's and sunshine one day, pouring down rain the next, snowing the day after that, then back to 70's and sunshine.

Did you switch your wheels, Wade? I saw 'the white one' today in the elks lot, and it looked like it had subzeros on it.

I should be getting wheels and tires soon, I just need to find a good deal on wheels [I'm a bargain shopper]- I could get anthracite Prodrive P1's, brand new, for $888 shipped- very tempting... Or I could just get some new rotas for a couple hundred less. Opinions? Suggestions?

LPPTundWRX, I'll definitely let you make a few more bucks off that there machine...You've probably posted your number here before, but if you could pm it to me, I could get in touch w/ you when I have everything ready to go.
    Last edited by the_black_one; 04-08-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Yeah, they're gunmetal Subzeros.

I know a guy in Portland who is selling his Anthracite Prodrive P7's, with Bridgestone RE750's 215/45R17 for $900. About 5k miles on them. One of them has a slight scuff. PM me if you're interested, I'll get you his email addy.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Wade...

so, Just reading the thread. You guys should do a ricer break up. It would be funny. Sh1t, Maybe we'll come down too !! If we had far inadvance notice and had the time off from work. Bobby wants to go down there and bust up the ricer meeting.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.