The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 38
Page 38 of 188 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Essvar ACK i'm so sorry, i didn't get off the water until 7pm. Drunk girls caused a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Essvar
    ACK i'm so sorry, i didn't get off the water until 7pm. Drunk girls caused a things to take quite a bit longer than i originally anticipated.

Haha well at least you were with drunk girls right?

No it just went sh*tty from the start! hah oh well I will get it welded up or get a tap for the EGT Bung that isnt accepting a bolt. I was just sayin it was ur fault cuz I heard thru the grape vine you want my stock up pipe

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This whole up pipe thing sounds like sh*t are you guys sure I want to replace this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by rally02wrx
    any other random suggestions?
    Pull downpipe back so you can access all 5 of the uppipe nuts.
    Loosen everything, including manifold, and remove manifold to cross tube bolts.
    Tighten uppipe bottom to manifold, torque to 26.
    Tighten uppipe to turbo (3 nuts), torque to 26.
    Tighten manifold to head, torque to 29.
    Tighten manifold to cross pipe, torque to 26.
    Tighten uppipe to turbo bracket (the last 2 nuts), torque to 26.

The order of operations is key.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Heating the gaskets up and re-checking torque specs may also help.

Racing on it the morning after install probably can't help matters, but listen to wade-o he's the grand master funk of up-pipe
    Last edited by Essvar; 07-25-2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Just found this thread over at Nasty Sock while researching 16g/18g turbos. Some people running Crucial gaskets are losing their nuts just like you did, Marty:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746685

Looks like the trick is to heat cycle and retorque a couple of times.
    Last edited by Wade-0; 07-25-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK whose bright Idea was it that I bought those damned gaskets!!!!? haha well they look cool uninstalled? Should I order up some factory?

I Support ClubWRX

spotted

2004 World Rally Blue Sedan with Rota wheels Identical to Wade's but all gunmetal, car was lowered and he passed me when I was sitting at red light to go into a turn lane, he pushed his brakes several times and waved....Was that any of you?!

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    2004 World Rally Blue Sedan with Rota wheels Identical to Wade's but all gunmetal, car was lowered and he passed me when I was sitting at red light to go into a turn lane, he pushed his brakes several times and waved....Was that any of you?!
    I've seen that guy driving around Ashland too.

OK whose bright Idea was it that I bought those damned gaskets!!!!? haha well they look cool uninstalled? Should I order up some factory?
    Your call. We could just try what the one guy said and run the engine for a few minutes while the car is stil up in the air, and then retorque it again when it cools. I've never had to retorque anything with the factory gaskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Your call. We could just try what the one guy said and run the engine for a few minutes while the car is stil up in the air, and then retorque it again when it cools. I've never had to retorque anything with the factory gaskets.

Yeah, you know that one guy..... I will need to order another lower gasket at some point too Bo, some kids from Ashland mugged me and stole my gasket.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I Support ClubWRX
    You should kick that kid square in the face! dang thieven hoodlums. Let me know when you want it and I will get it, I think I may go with factory gaskets.

haha....well wade we redid the uppipe and did everything you had said except the manifold to head step...i forget to check the forum.... mainly we tried to get everything loose so that the turbo was free to move and the uppipe was super-flush before tightening anything. seems okay so far, maybe i'll go re-torque?
    as for your question on my plans for new tires.... er...i have no money. at least none to spend on a car thats not really mine. if i do anything, and plan on AutoXing for a while, maybe i'll sell the HKS bov and buy a swaybar and then throw down on some 16" azenis...who knows. im still saving up for college and a car to drive when i get there.... i want a cheap 80's bimmer or something like that to get me around....we'll see.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

mugging, eh? thanks again, hopefully im done with uppipe woes.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I Support ClubWRX
    Well.....Im tired of everybody telling me to go run at the track and see what I do so...Tonight I am doing it.... Anybody have any ideas what I will run? I hope less than 15 seconds 1/4.

05 sedan non premium
    M/T
    HKS Downpipe
    HKS Cat Back
    K&N Drop in Filter
    stock 16's
    lowered on tanabe gf210s
    Last edited by T0rque; 07-27-2005 at 12:36 PM.

Well.....Im tired of everybody telling me to go run at the track and see what I do so...Tonight I am doing it.... Anybody have any ideas what I will run? I hope less than 15 seconds 1/4.
    Dude, I'd guess low 14's. Of course with this heat who knows. What time are you gonna be out there?