Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#878 ·
herro

I just signed up on this site. I'm in Chico, CA, but visit my folks occasionally in Medford. I also run some autocrosses at the sports park in White City.

I have a '04 STi, silver with golds, some wicked gay Hoosier stickers on it, and a Honda ricer sounding exhaust thanks to the headers.

I'll probably be up for the turkey-day weekend, anything going on then?

Chris H.
www.subrew.com

#880 ·
Essvar said:
Hey Chris, welcome... nice to see you made the transition from nastystock.
Probably cuz it's been down forever. They must have it hosted somewhere in Hurricaneville.

Speaking of hosting... I was talking to Rich about setting up a Rogue Subies website with our own domain, and getting off the Yahoo wagon. Does anyone else think we should do that, or do you all prefer just posting in this ginormous thread here?

#883 ·
carrman said:
So, why do you reccomend I ditch the BOV?
Aftermarket BOV vent 100% or 50% to atmosphere vs. stock bov which is 100% recirc, this messes with your A/F ratios and with stock engine management causes you to run rich between shifts.

Basically, unless you are pushing 18-20psi (past the limit of the stock bov to hold that much pressure) your not gaining any performance by having an aftermarket bov, and if you don't have a catless up-pipe you can be flooding your 1st cat with fuel, causing it to weaken and possibly break up and shoot parts into your turbo. I'm sure wade will be much more articulate and accurate in his description as to why BOV's are bad, but that's just my late night 2cp

#884 ·
Essvar said:
Aftermarket BOV vent 100% or 50% to atmosphere vs. stock bov which is 100% recirc, this messes with your A/F ratios and with stock engine management causes you to run rich between shifts.

Basically, unless you are pushing 18-20psi (past the limit of the stock bov to hold that much pressure) your not gaining any performance by having an aftermarket bov, and if you don't have a catless up-pipe you can be flooding your 1st cat with fuel, causing it to weaken and possibly break up and shoot parts into your turbo. I'm sure wade will be much more articulate and accurate in his description as to why BOV's are bad, but that's just my late night 2cp

Well, where can I get the stock hardware then?

#887 ·
Wade-0 said:
Probably cuz it's been down forever. They must have it hosted somewhere in Hurricaneville.

Speaking of hosting... I was talking to Rich about setting up a Rogue Subies website with our own domain, and getting off the Yahoo wagon. Does anyone else think we should do that, or do you all prefer just posting in this ginormous thread here?
Word is he's (or at least was) running the servers in his house or something (in FL). :rolleyes: I guess he apparently moved them to a data center - but looks like he chose the wrong one.

As for the site... I won't mention who suggested that first :p ;) Go for it.

#889 ·
yo- i can probably get you a stock valve for cheap, lemme find out.

i have an HKS bov in use and although i take it off once in a while for the hell of it- i love it. i know its only a bling mod and i am probably the first guy to warn people of the adverse affects of bovs on wrx's, but hey-i love running rich between shifts, gives me loud pops with my cats all gone!

at least its not as bad as an intake..

#894 ·
Wade-0 said:
Do we just want a forum, or should there be other parts of the site like a calendar, photo gallery, member pages, yada yada....(in addition to a forum, of course)?
Definitely member pages and a calendar, etc.... Maybe even do writeups on installs for a tech page.

#895 ·
Wade-0 said:
You already have it covered pretty well.

Well, I have a stock BOV coming next week with a new hose also. My Morettes should be here Monday, then I'll send them to the paint shop so they coming all blue and pretty.....;-) Then, I'll probably start saving for a new clutch. JNot slipping, but it releases towards the top of the pedal throw. Dave at DHM quoted me 950 for the job. He's fair on prices, so it must be a ***** to change. Oh well, the Accessport will have to wait a while longer.

#899 ·
went for adrive today in the 328i up 66, forgot how fun that road is along the cliffs. also had a chance to drive in a 2004 mercedes benz S 600. V12 in that thing hauls ass! like 450+hp... we hit like 120 and if i had to guess would have thought we were going like 65mph...crazy torque, and all at like 1,500rpm.

wade sounds like a good idea with the new page, when are you thinking about implementing this whole thing..?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.