Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official Southern Oregon Thread

195K views 3K replies 59 participants last post by  rally02wrx 
#1 ·
Any ideas?

:cool:

(I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing my ass of at the medfordtuners.com web site.)

I am actually still laughing..

still..

okay..

I'm done now.

#852 ·
okay has anybody seen teh whie bugeye with 18" (?) chromes? saw him again today..

and another guy in a bugeye but this one black and a wagon....he just bought it off lithia and i knew the guy who had it before, was a guy on wrxfanatics that i went on a drive with...he was worried that the previous owner raced it or blew something up....forgot to tell him about the site.. :rolleyes:

#857 ·
so who wants to go for a drive?

and the_black_one we should rally sometime if you know some good spots...mostly in my saab (i dont like to rally the wrx, a little too risky, and admittingly too fast for gravel) i just scout out good corners and repeat em a few times if nobody is around, so its not much of a long or interesting "rally drive"....but whatever...

#859 · (Edited)
SOLD!

I may have been able to get what I paid originally had I not f'd one of them up a tad. :unhappy: Wheel swap, oil change, transmission/diff fluid flush, and air filter cleaning are goin' down today. The black one should like that. :)

I think I'm gonna have to go tear up some dirt and gravel today... any of you ever hit up that area right on emigrant lake on the left of 66 past the cemetary? It says 'no offroading' - but what is the definition of that anyway?

Now I have to decide whether I'm gonna swap the wheels myself or take em into the goons at schwab and risk them chipping the finish in the lug holes (again) I got my other tires there, so they do it free, but is it worth the risk?

#860 ·
I would just do it at schwab, but then again I'm lazy. I've had my interior out for the last week installing Dynamat Extreme very slowly piece by piece. Whatever.

Hey a quick question - Has anyone else gotten their suby off the ground significantly, and on what road? I only ask because I had a little bit of airtime today (6"+) while passing someone on that backroad that goes from Hugo to G.P. (Mallory/Granite Hill/WTF) It doesn't appear to have messed up anything, so I think I'm good.

#861 ·
240kph said:
I would just do it at schwab, but then again I'm lazy. I've had my interior out for the last week installing Dynamat Extreme very slowly piece by piece. Whatever.

Hey a quick question - Has anyone else gotten their suby off the ground significantly, and on what road? I only ask because I had a little bit of airtime today (6"+) while passing someone on that backroad that goes from Hugo to G.P. (Mallory/Granite Hill/WTF) It doesn't appear to have messed up anything, so I think I'm good.
stock suspension? damn.
no airtime for me... maybe once I swap an EJ20. ;)

so how was the landing?

#863 ·
the_black_one said:
SOLD!

\
I think I'm gonna have to go tear up some dirt and gravel today... any of you ever hit up that area right on emigrant lake on the left of 66 past the cemetary? It says 'no offroading' - but what is the definition of that anyway?
\
im not positive because i haven't cehcked it all out, but i think that would be severely lame in a subaru. big ruts and any flat areas are somewhat bumpy and very harsh ground...

next time you wanna rally post up and i'll take teh saab out for a spin...pun intended?

as for 240kph oin teh air, i've gotten reasonable air before and if the anding felt smooth i think youre okay on the stock suspension. i only experienced it on stock wheels/tires/suspension though...

#864 ·
Wow, drunken post on my last one. I hope I never try to sell my car on here. The landing wasn't bad, I landed a tiny bit sideways and got a little loose, but overall very smooth. Before that I've only gotten a little loose on the crests of hills, mostly on that road (which I highly reccomend if you're going through the area and have a few minutes, it's pretty short) I'm stock except for my Superleggeras and tires. I got pretty loose on Beacon drive in GP where it the road shifts over and they have that big speed bump. I guess that's what happens when you take it at 85mph with the lights off (don't ask).

#866 ·
You should get them, everybody else is these days. You could even copy me and get them in gold........

Just kidding, Josh was the first to get them, minor detail LOL

#867 ·
all i know is that they look really nice on audi S4's in particular, and they are supposed to be pretty light. off topic but my favorite wheels that would actually look terrible on a wrx are the BBS LM's. but on a bmw, oh jesus.

#868 ·
240kph said:
Wow, drunken post on my last one. I hope I never try to sell my car on here. The landing wasn't bad, I landed a tiny bit sideways and got a little loose, but overall very smooth. Before that I've only gotten a little loose on the crests of hills, mostly on that road (which I highly reccomend if you're going through the area and have a few minutes, it's pretty short) I'm stock except for my Superleggeras and tires. I got pretty loose on Beacon drive in GP where it the road shifts over and they have that big speed bump. I guess that's what happens when you take it at 85mph with the lights off (don't ask).
Drunk when you posted, or when you got air? (or both?) ;)

#872 ·
Wade-0 said:
Speaking of details, have you gotten your car sorted out yet? And when are you going to give me back my tools and scanner, beotch?
Its as sorted out as its going to be, it drives fine and pulls hard, just can't clear the cel. I'm thinking the reflash will take care of that. I'll bring you your stuff on thursday.

Carrman- congratz on the new purchase, did you pick up the wagon that was at Ashland motors? Any mods, or mod plans?

#873 ·
Yeah it's the one from Ashland Motor Company. Great place to buy a car. Already has a short shift kit, and a BOV. Not sure what mods I will do yet, as I need to learn more about what works and what doesn't. I do have a set of Morettes coming that will be here Friday though....;-)

#874 ·
Welcome! i think its about time we all meet up for a drive, but i just had surgery on my thumb so its gonna be a few days before i feel like driving...but any ideas? maybe just a dead indian and green springs loop for us ashlanders?

#875 ·
rally02wrx said:
Welcome! i think its about time we all meet up for a drive, but i just had surgery on my thumb so its gonna be a few days before i feel like driving...but any ideas? maybe just a dead indian and green springs loop for us ashlanders?
+1

Maybe we could shoot for next weekend (not this coming weekend, but the first weekend in November) if the weather holds out. :D

#876 ·
the_black_one said:
Drunk when you posted, or when you got air? (or both?) ;)
I don't do that - at all.

Carrman - congrats on the purchase. Get rid of the BOV. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.