The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 30
Page 30 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by the_black_one It was pretty gravel-free, until Wade started working both lanes near the top. I got smoked ...

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    It was pretty gravel-free, until Wade started working both lanes near the top. I got smoked on every straight, as one might expect, but with those corners, you can only go so fast, and I was actually able to keep up (using the 2-lane advantage, I might add.
    How was the air back there?

I feel bad tearing through rural residential areas, but there was only a couple people that seemed to take offense (after the overpass)-
    I get dirty looks from people on that road even when I'm grannying it. Maybe the people up there just have an angry look to them

I'd be down for tomorrow too, but it'd probably be smart to not make this an everyday thing- no need to elicit complaints about modified subarus, if you get my drift... speaking of drift...
    Hmmm... maybe we could take a different route tomorrow. Dead Indian takes too long though, I've taken more than a few "long lunches" because I thought I could make it to Buck Prairie snow park and back in 20-30min. Hmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just as an FYI I had the residents of old66 and the Mt. Ashland access road call the cops because of excessive speeds and excessive noise. So I suggest changing routes, or at least cycling through Dead Indian, Greensprings, and old 66.

(those times were on my street bike though so maybe they are nicer to cars but I doubt it)
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I don't think we were doing anything cop worthy. It was just a nice, spirited run up the mountain. I rarely even left 2nd gear.

And I should also add, exactly how many times have you had the cops called on you on your bike? You're a bad, bad boy, Troy.
    Last edited by Wade-0; 06-21-2005 at 11:53 PM.

That guy with his daughter after the overpass looked pretty upset- and I don't think it was just because he was a scraggily mountain-man. I don't know about you, but I was going from 1st to 2nd right there and making quite a bit of noise... I'd be up for a greensprings run, or hell, this is my last week here so I'd even hit up old 66 again. It has so little traffic and is such a blast, it's really hard to pass up.

If we took it easy and stayed away from WOT on the straights, I think we could still take the twisties without raising a stink with the mountainfolk.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Greensprings is the safest place to make a lot of noise and go fast, as long as you don't mind not having guard rails and whatnot. Oh, except the S-curves just before the summit. The people in the houses there aren't very big fans of loud vehicles, either dragg'n knees on a streetbike, or squeeling tires in a car. But other than them Greensprings is a safe bet.

If i had ANY tires on my car i would join you guys, but I don't, and i know i wouldn't slow down even though the drift/blowout potential would be very high.

Guard Rails? We don't need no steeenking guard rails!

Old 66 also doesn't have many, but then again there are trees to catch you, unlike greensprings... where the cow pastures 250ft below is where you'd land.

okay guys well if you want to drive lets do somethign today, either post up before mid afternoon or call me if i dont get back on here in time. 292-2003.
    im down for either route, i just need to get my bmw aligned first and thats a hard job in this area. nobody lieks to do lowered cars.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Guard Rails? We don't need no steeenking guard rails!

Old 66 also doesn't have many, but then again there are trees to catch you, unlike greensprings... where the cow pastures 250ft below is where you'd land.
    Dammit, it's OLD 99! Greensprings is 66

The springs takes too long for me to join, I can probably do D.I. though. Should we just plan on meeting at the Chevron at 12:30 again and then decide where we want to go?

If anyone else can get there then, I'm down, but how about later this evening? That way we could make the greensprings/dead indian loop.

...BTW, Cade called it Old 66 first...

Where's the suby Marty? .... I could bring my dig. camera and get a few pics- but three subies would be better than 2 subies/ 1 BMW for that purpose, even though I know you said you need to wring that one out a tad...

If anyone else can get there then, I'm down, but how about later this evening? That way we could make the greensprings/dead indian loop.

Dammit, that's Troy, not Cade! I'd be down with an evening run around the loop. I don't get off work until 6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Dammit, that's Troy, not Cade! I'd be down with an evening run around the loop. I don't get off work until 6 though.

AHHHHHH FAWK - 0 for 2 I'll just stop trying with names until I meet everyone-

maybe some roguesubies peeps would be down- you should toss up a message, cause the way I'm going, I'm sure I'd **** somethin' up.

IT WAS THE ONE ARMED MAN...... who is troy?

and yes wade... you got me again.... EDIT~idiot~EDIT

i am down for something early this evening....around 4-5ish? i will have the subie, the bmw is in medford getting thew rear springs installed....i did the forn shocks/struts and the rear shocks but the rear springs are best done by someone with a lift and some good tools. anyways, im down.
    -marty
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

So saturday is rolling around and I just found out that I don't have to work this weekend. How does the schedule look for the up-pipe install. It's a shame to have that thing sitting around for 7 months without slapping it on.