The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 20
Page 20 of 188 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; We were going to go for the tint at the end of July....

I Support ClubWRX
    We were going to go for the tint at the end of July.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any word on what type of tint he uses? A guy I know had his Vette done there and it looked good, (except for the little bump matrix on the window but he redid that for him) I just want to make sure I can get non-metallic. I really depend on my radar a lot. I'm also considering satellite radio here pretty soon and I heard that it can get messed up too.
    Last edited by 240kph; 05-26-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    Any word on what type of tint he uses? A guy I know had his Vette done there and it looked good, (except for the little bump matrix on the window but he redid that for him) I just want to make sure I can get non-metallic. I really depend on my radar a lot. I'm also considering satellite radio here pretty soon and I heard that it can get messed up too.
    Care to share your reasons? I don't know the difference between non-metallic tint and a hole in the ground.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Tints containing metallic elements can mess with radar and navigation systems signals. My guess is that since it can screw up nav it could mess up satellite radio as well. My WRX has only seen a few days in the year that I've owned it that I haven't gone above 100. My detector has saved my ass many times (and also given me warped rotors LOL) Maybe I'm just paranoid. It's probably not that big of a deal, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    - Steve -
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160

That makes sense. I think I did read something on the PDX yahoo group about the radio reception in newer WRX's being affected by tint, because the antenna is in the glass.

Lost AM Reception
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I just gassed up and need to burn some. The roads should be nice and sticky in this heat... I may try greensprings for a change- I know dead indian connects up through some crazy roads that go past two lakes, I may have to try that sometime if not today...

If anyone wants to tag along, post up asap and we can meet somewhere ~5-5:30pm.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    then why not try to keep it <100mph?

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    I just gassed up and need to burn some. The roads should be nice and sticky in this heat... I may try greensprings for a change- I know dead indian connects up through some crazy roads that go past two lakes, I may have to try that sometime if not today...

If anyone wants to tag along, post up asap and we can meet somewhere ~5-5:30pm.
    Well I thought I'd run into you up there, but I didn't see ya. I left at about 5:35 and went up Dead Indian, cut across to Greensprings on the Howard Prairie/Hyatt lakes access road, and burned a 1/4 tank of gas in the process.

And hit and killed 1 otter... or maybe it was a muskrat... the tail was puffy though, so I think it was an otter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    Well I thought I'd run into you up there, but I didn't see ya. I left at about 5:35 and went up Dead Indian, cut across to Greensprings on the Howard Prairie/Hyatt lakes access road, and burned a 1/4 tank of gas in the process.

And hit and killed 1 otter... or maybe it was a muskrat... the tail was puffy though, so I think it was an otter.
    Otter murderer!

I managed to burn a decent amount, also, in addition to getting my car all dirty. I had a blast- I took greensprings to buckhorn springs rd. (on the right just past E. lake), then took that rd. to tyler creek rd(both smooth dirt/gravel), then followed that back to greensprings, which I took all the way to the end of the major curves. I never realized that the corners on greensprings are banked! Much more fun than D.Indian in my opinion. Plus there's all of those lakes and crap up there, better views, 500ft. death drops , etc...

Oh, I also had to swerve and dodge a 3-4inch turtle creeping across the road. My subaru likes to avoid killing wildlife ....Otter murderer

wait a sec.- dont otters swim around and have flippers? No bushy tail that I know of... Now whrere were you driving exactly, Wade?
    Last edited by the_black_one; 05-26-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Now whrere were you driving exactly, Wade?
    Pretty much where the Pacific Crest trail meets Old Hyatt Prairie Rd. The center of this map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=97520&...0427&t=k&hl=en

I Support ClubWRX
    I will call today about metallic tint, because I dont want my xm radio and my normal radio Fin up when I want to listen to it.

Nice kill.

The dragstrip should be open tonight. Anybody going?
    - Steve -

Nice kill.

The dragstrip should be open tonight. Anybody going?
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ies/message/81

I Support ClubWRX
    I was going to go race but Im gonna go see the longest yard