The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 185
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 187 FirstFirst ... 85135175176177178179180181182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2805

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm going to be in Southern Oregon the 16-26. Are there any meets or drives going on during that time? ...

I'm going to be in Southern Oregon the 16-26. Are there any meets or drives going on during that time? While there i will be able to install my DP and flash to stage 2 so i am looking forward to that. Also looking forward to being back home for that short time as there is hardly any love for subaru's in El Paso.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another SOIC Greensprings Drive and Lunch ~ August 30th!

For more information, or to sign up ~ go here:

SOIC 'Greensprings 2009 Run'

Cheers!
    Michael
    "Atheism is a 'non-prophet' organization." ~ George Carlin

anyone got a catless up pipe aftermarket or something laying around they want to sell! or.....

anyone know of a place that has wrx up's????

for a 05wrx

So we've heard Michael's side, now let's hear your side of the story Marty. And what was up with that fountain of fuel?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    So we've heard Michael's side, now let's hear your side of the story Marty. And what was up with that fountain of fuel?
    Check Michaels visitor messages. Marty left a little blurb/appology on there.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

How do I get there? Nothing showed up for messages other then PM's which there are none?

I Support ClubWRX
    click on your name above your avatar, should take you right to it.

Here it is from your visitor messages:

Yesterday 01:58 PMrally02wrx
    This is the asshat you 'had to send off..' Sorry for disrupting your drive. I just wanted to say that I stayed inside my lane the entire drive save only for passes that I signaled for, whatever the speed or alleged recklessness of the act. On the way down I simply was folowing the bigger cars fo my friend wrx and sti, and if I made an illegal pass on you while following them, I thought my little cars would not add much to the situation. I run proper grippy tires and stiff suspension so I found I could take corners easily compared to some of the heavier cars without good tires.
    Sorry if this looked reckless to you and if it made things look bad for the drive- I am. But don't be so quick to judge. I also would have socialized more with the crew but wasn;t feeling a positive vibe from a young member who has an unrelated grudge.

maybe we'll meet on a backroad sometime.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NW OBS View Post
    How do I get there? Nothing showed up for messages other then PM's which there are none?
    Michael, you've got your wires crossed. Marty was driving the black bmw, he's not the guy who ran into a tree. He used to drive a silver bugeye.

Wade ~

John was in the silver Suby that hit the tree drunk on Friday night. Marty was in the Bimmer... I know this. Both of them were hounding the Forester till she put two wheels in the dirt to let them by.

By the time they got down to me (we were looking for a place to shoot pictures) there were 3 (the black STI was in 3rd). BOTH the silver Suby AND the BMW passed me (while I cruising at 65mph with our photographer). They passed over a blind crest and entry to a turn over a double yellow!

You were at the driver's meeting... you know my feelings about this. Had a sport bike been coming out of that corner at 100 mph, an accident would have landed right in MY lap.

The black STI waited till he got around the corner and could see to pass ~ that is why I let him stay. But, I still had a talk with him about hounding 'civilians' on our drives ~ trouble is just one cell phone away ~ all we needed was for her to dial 911 and have to deal with OSP all over again.
    Last edited by NW OBS; 09-03-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Reply To Marty!

Marty:

You should have met us at the meeting place (both you and John) and you would have been at the driver's meeting and known exactly my feelings about the driving you both were doing. You also would have known your actions would have you dropped from ever being invited back on our drives.

After 2 years and a dozen drives you two were the perfect example of what everyone fears in a fast group run. Someone mistakes it for a 'race' or in John's term a 'rally'. It's NOT. I will not be tolerated, people passing over double yellows, passing in turns, hounding 'civilian' drivers, etc. All this adds up to 'reckless' driving. And if OSP gets wind of this (the lady in the Forester dialing 911) and OSP is waiting at the truck stop we have one ****ing mess to deal with because of a couple people that have piss poor judgement when it comes to high speed choices and they chose wrong.

We do NOT drive slow ~ our drives hit the triple digits several times a run. But, we are orderly and drive with respect and safety for the other members and to the other traffic on the road. We do not own any road ~ it is not "my" road. It has slow cars, trucks hauling boats, and families on a Sunday drive. It is THEIR road too.

I do not want to be the one who organized an event with two guys passing over a double yellow that takes out a family going for a picnic to Hyatt lake in a gruesome head on! It's that simple. It's that black & white.

Michael
    Last edited by NW OBS; 09-03-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Wade ~

John was in the silver Suby that hit the tree drunk on Friday night. Marty was in the Bimmer... I know this.
    I was referring to your reply to Marty's comment on your profile page:

Even slamming into a tree 2 days earlier is not enough of a hint for you? If you do see me on a back road, please stay FAR away. There was NO rash decision here, only one that the entire club came to (INCLUDING Raja). Good Day sir...

Ah! Indeed I did ~ John was hounding me on NASIOC and I got confused bouncing between boards. I know who was diving what (but NOT the screen names of each on the boards).

I Support ClubWRX
    probably doesnt help that Marty's avatar is still the silver beast

Marty is a good kid. I wasnt there but I hope things can all get worked out. The guy from nasioc sounds different tho huh??

hey hey hey

Hey guys long time no see... im doing good in Las Vegas. The White Bugeye is sold... still running my 05 with 6speed swap here in vegas... changing out my intake manifold gasket tonight and putting in new spark plugs and oil change....

Quote Originally Posted by exdakine View Post
    Hey guys long time no see... im doing good in Las Vegas. The White Bugeye is sold... still running my 05 with 6speed swap here in vegas... changing out my intake manifold gasket tonight and putting in new spark plugs and oil change....
    Figured you were back home ~ have fun!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.