The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 187 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; It is 10 mm wider, but the 45 means 45% of the actual tread width so they are also a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    It is 10 mm wider, but the 45 means 45% of the actual tread width so they are also a little shorter than 225/45zr17s.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well the beast is in the paint shop, they said it would be done today but if they dont get it painted today I probably wont get it back til tuesday of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    It is 10 mm wider, but the 45 means 45% of the actual tread width so they are also a little shorter than 225/45zr17s.
    And lighter too

Well the beast is in the paint shop, they said it would be done today but if they dont get it painted today I probably wont get it back til tuesday of next week.
    You know how much just the painting part is? I've been kicking around the idea of getting my front bumper repainted to hide all traces of my love affair with the cinder block.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs
    Powder coating should be about $25 a tire he said.
    You're getting your tires powder coated?!!
    You might want to just stick with getting the wheels powder coated.
    Just kidding I know what you meant. Can't wait to see some pics.
    "Me fail English... that's unpossible!" - Ralph

2001 Z06 - Polished Magnacharger, Stainless Works Headers/X-Pipe, Borla Stingers Quad Round Tips, ACI High Rise Hood, CCW 505a's (19x11 rears and 19x10 fronts) with Pirellis, B&M Ripper Short Shifter, AC Delco Durastop Cross Drilled Rotors, MGW Shifter Knob, Vararam Intake, Autometer Gauges, Red LEDs, Window Valet
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/Z06.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/bobs97c5/sig.jpg
    2005 Silver STi - sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0
    You know how much just the painting part is? I've been kicking around the idea of getting my front bumper repainted to hide all traces of my love affair with the cinder block.
    5.5 HRS labor

5.5 HRS labor
    $$$?

I Support ClubWRX
    my labor rate as an employee is $24 im guessing regular is arount 48 to 55 per hour but that 5.5 is more than it would take to repaint a bumper.

I Support ClubWRX
    Igotitbackigotitbackigotitback Woooohooooo

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    +1. Sometime within the next year I'm going to get a full repaint (rock chips and scratches from trees and whatnot on the hood, sides, and roof) and I'm kind of looking for price range and opinions on body shops in the area. What I've heard so far in Grants Pass; DJ's Bump and Paint is really good work but they take a LONG time and Midnight Auto Body sucks for paint.

I'll probably stick with black. I thought about doing something original like LeMans Sunset, but I think that's just the inner ricer trying to get out LOL. Opinions welcome for a different paint scheme...

From what I know, black is the hardest color to paint a car. I may do it myself once I get to that point- my buddy's got a gun and knows some body work. But I'm going with dark grey w/ some kind of pearl if I repaint. I think that color looks sick on subarus.

I hope the trunk looks nice after all that BS...
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

Bad news turns into potential good news. Matt from Advantage called me today and said that they quoted me low on the powder coating prices. He said they checked and it would most likely be about $75 a wheel. I told him that it's too much and it would come out to almost the same price as the OZ Superleggera wheels I wanted in the first place. I asked to speak with Dave (the owner and my brothers friend). Dave was busy so he had to call back. Dave called me back and told me the story about going to the powder coating shop and finding out the price was going to be higher. I told Dave that the price of those wheels with the powdercoating would be almost as much as the Superleggera wheels I originally wanted. He said he'd check on those wheels, see what he could do for me there and call me back. Dave calls back about 10-15 minutes ago and told me he found a set of gold ones he can get for me. He isn't sure on the price for those yet but he grilled the guy and the guy is going to talk to his manager to see what he can work on them. Dave is going to try to get them for me at the same price as those Team Dynamic wheels... a little over $700! Hopefully Dave can do it. If he can't, I may take them anyway just because they're what I really want plus I just really like the fact that they worked so hard for me.

okay im really pissed off. after seeing bob working on his STi today i went over to my buddy's house on high st in ashland. away from my car for nor more than 15 minutes i get back in to get some food downtown and my radar detector is gone. im an idiot. i left my passenger window down, after failing to see it was ever down in the first place, as i dont normally roll it down much. this is the second time its been stolen, the first time from my garage in the middle of the night last year, and i made some calls and got it back the next day, but thats probbably not gonna happen this time. i guess i got careless or something. one of the thieves from last time died being reckless and the other went to jail for stealing and is in such deep shi+ i know it wasnt the, so im lost.......so mad.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

Damn dude, that sucks. Theft really worries me these days.

The curse of the Valentine!

I wouldn't think on it too much, was probably just an opportunistic thing. Some punk kid walking down the street, saw your window down and grabbed it. Probably even lives in the same neighborhood.

Hey, who hasn't joined the yahoo group yet? This thread is getting ridiculously huge. I just sent a message out about having an install day and the two people that I know have stuff to install didn't reply (Marty and Bo!)

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/roguesubies/

Join up beotches!

this thread is getting huge.

I try to keep up on the posts here and over at our yahoo group.

Who is the black WRX in GP, that delivers pizza?

We hopefully move into our new place either next week or the week after...

Also, boatnic is this weekend, I'm sure that will be huge!
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.