The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 178

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I dont work for Lithia. He asked if we could help him. I just pointed out how.....

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont work for Lithia. He asked if we could help him. I just pointed out how..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Too be honest I have been to SOSVM where NW OBS used to work and have noticed he is good at what he does, not a pressure type guy like most of the ass hat car salesman
    Thanks. My reason for leaving SOSVM was I was tired of them 'grossing' people for all they could all the time. It got to be where I felt I had to look out for my customers... not good.

I have always believed in selling a car the same way I would like to buy a car. Straight up and honest, giving information that my customer can use to make an intelligent decision and above all, make the process fun!

If I do my job right, you are going to be driving off in a brand new car. I mean, how fun is that?
    "Atheism is a 'non-prophet' organization." ~ George Carlin

I remember I went with a female friend to Southern Oregon Subaru and she test drove a couple cars including a used Legacy GT. Afterwards, the sales manager there was putting way too much pressure on her to buy a car. He just wouldn't take no for an answer and she wasn't being firm enough. I finally got her to be firm and the guy finally stopped trying to deal with her. It was bad enough that I feel confident in saying that they're the worst in Jackson County when it comes to trying to pressure people into a sale. I have no intentions of ever going back to SOSVM. I've had great experiences with Crater Lake Mazda (salesman Rich Outfleet) and Lithia Toyota (Scion salesman Jack Hawkins). I highly recommend visiting either of them if you ever become interested in a Mazda or Scion.

Thumbs up

Next Meet ~ Wednesday June 4th 7:30 PM @ Sonic Drive In!

Who will be coming out to represent? Will we have a full house again?

*** June 22nd: Dead Indian Road Drive & BBQ! ***
    Check It Out ~Southern Oregon June Drive & BBQ!
    Last edited by NW OBS; 05-27-2008 at 06:30 AM.

So Costco scratched up one of my rims while mounting my new tires. They can't replace the wheel because it's discontinued and no one has them in stock who sells singles. They said they can't find anyone locally to refinish the wheel so they want to know what I want from them to settle it.

Does anyone have an idea what it would cost to have the wheel refinished? I'm guessing it would be a waste of money on a rim that only cost $170 to begin with.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    It is $50 dollars a wheel to have them powdercoated. I had a MOMO Racer refinished one time and it cost me 90 dollars to ship it and was going to be $100 to fix it and they sent it back 4 months later not fixed but worse than before.

I think I'm just gonna ask them for $100 and a free mount/balance on my next set of tires, and hit the scratch with a touch-up pen. If I had to send it in to be repaired, I'd have to put my winter setup back on, and I don't want to be running my winter tires all summer long.

On another note, I've seen a WRB bugeye sedan around Ashland lately with a big PDXTuning banner across the top of his windshield (and some smaller COBB stickers in various other places). Anyone know him?
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Thumbs up

That would be Raja and his wife Natasha. He will be at Sonic (C.P.) this Wednesday night @ 7:30 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^what he said. Supposedly he has a VF22 swap but he is running the stock intercooler??

^^^what he said. Supposedly he has a VF22 swap but he is running the stock intercooler??

My understanding is it's the stock motor w/larger turbo, Cobb Accessport & PDX tune. He has been running the 'autocross' the last few times, learning as he goes!

I Support ClubWRX
    Id be worried about heatsoke and boost creep with that setup. Also Exhaust Gas Temps.

He went from stage 2 right to stage 4 without completing stage 3

Id be worried about heatsoke and boost creep with that setup. Also Exhaust Gas Temps.

He went from stage 2 right to stage 4 without completing stage 3
    I agree. He bought it used, pretty much the way it is ~ at least a proper tune should 'insure' him a bit?

I Support ClubWRX
    When I talked to him that night at Sonic he said he had it up to PDX and the tech was worried about the TMIC but did the tune and it came out fine, I would just think that a proper TMIC would prolong its life better?

When I talked to him that night at Sonic he said he had it up to PDX and the tech was worried about the TMIC but did the tune and it came out fine, I would just think that a proper TMIC would prolong its life better?
    Absolutely! Pay now (for the proper IC) or pay later (blown motor).

I Support ClubWRX
    Dallas knows how much that one is dont ya Dallas