The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 177
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX [golf clap] Does this thread need to be relocated to WRX vs. The World? That's where ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    [golf clap]

Does this thread need to be relocated to WRX vs. The World? That's where we usually contain our magazine racing and vapid discussions of "which car is better".

Everyone take a breath.
    Seen, noted and I made my point.
    "Atheism is a 'non-prophet' organization." ~ George Carlin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

right on, i was just curious--i tryed selling cars for a while, just wasnt really my thing-(im not that much of a people person)

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    right on, i was just curious--i tryed selling cars for a while, just wasnt really my thing-(im not that much of a people person)
    You have to be a talker too! lol I always have a sales guy that wants to just talk up a storm!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

You are BOTH right. BUt, if you are a social beast and love telling and listening to stories, this = 'instant repore' with your customers and people buy from people they enjoy. I go to work to have a good time and to shoot the breeze... along the way I happen to make $$$!
    "Atheism is a 'non-prophet' organization." ~ George Carlin

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NW OBS View Post
    You are BOTH right. BUt, if you are a social beast and love telling and listening to stories, this = 'instant repore' with your customers and people buy from people they enjoy. I go to work to have a good time and to shoot the breeze... along the way I happen to make $$$!
    Thats great ! My cousin sales cars and hes good at it. He Makes Great money!

I enjoy a calm, easy, but fast car buying experience... and I only like the Sales guys that doesnt Harrass me in the Car Lot, And actually leave me alone til I really need someone. Theres only one place I get that from... and where I bought my subaru. I also have been what they call "bait n hooked" ?before by a car salesman, which my cousin took care of. and I got a brand new car for the same price as a used car they tried selling me.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Too be honest I have been to SOSVM where NW OBS used to work and have noticed he is good at what he does, not a pressure type guy like most of the ass hat car salesman

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

it seems like it kinda sucks for salesmen -cause the floor managers make them be pushy to get a sale, i think that on average most people will buy a car when pressure is applied, but with my personality, the more u push the shorter my fuse gets, i havent bought a car at a lot in years, but when my mom bought her mini at rasmusin --we found the car she wanted, i walked in the showroom - i went right to the deskmanager- and worked that poor guy for like six hours, she ended up paying a grand over whole sale, 500 dollars worth of free accessories installed for free, dinner and i got to drive the crap out of a new m3--that poor guy was glad to see me leave....dude nex time im near mbz i'll have to "look for a new car for the wife" and take a test drive

I Support ClubWRX
    Two things will make me instantly walk away from a car lot: a pushy salesman, or one who I feel isn't being completely truthful with me.

My last experience buying a new car included a run-in with some sort of lot "manager", who somehow had decided that I was a sucker. After test-driving, he psychologically tried to create a situation where the decision to purchase had to be made immediately. "So are we ready to buy this car, or what?", followed by an annoyed look like I'm wasting his time to give it any further consideration. I'm a pretty meek guy in person, but I tore that guy a new a-hole. Go try your Jedi mind tricks on the weak-minded.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-13-2008 at 06:28 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive worked with car salesman for so long that I kinda just dont really listen to much they have to say. More than likely I already know more about the car I am looking at than they do.

Buying a car my wife and I are a pretty much their worst nightmare. I know all sides of the car deals working in the industry so long and buying so many cars. Then my wife knows every secret any car dealer tries to pull since its her job to look over every single car deal that gets bought. Now its even worse since she looks over 600 car deals every 20 days.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Buying a car my wife and I are a pretty much their worst nightmare. I know all sides of the car deals working in the industry so long and buying so many cars. Then my wife knows every secret any car dealer tries to pull since its her job to look over every single car deal that gets bought. Now its even worse since she looks over 600 car deals every 20 days.
    Can I use the two of you as consultants, the next time I buy a car?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Are you in Southern Oregon now Ray?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Are you in Southern Oregon now Ray?
    No, someone made me aware that things were heating up in here a page or so back...then I got sucked into the conversation.

Oregon is one state I'd like to see...I haven't found an excuse to travel there, yet.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    No, someone made me aware that things were heating up in here a page or so back...then I got sucked into the conversation.

Oregon is one state I'd like to see...I haven't found an excuse to travel there, yet.
    Seriously??

Crater Lake National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
    Well for some reason the images still wont upload. I have an awesome pic of the lake. You like to hike, I know this. Absolutely beautiful Ray. Can't even describe it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fly us out Or purchase from here Lithia Motors Sells New and Used Vehicles. Selling and Servicing Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Toyota, Honda, BMW, Ford Hyundai in the Western United States and my wife can look it over

shameless plug for Lithia

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.