The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 176

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; screw that german crap--i want an ariel atom with an sti swap-- now that would be nasty...

screw that german crap--i want an ariel atom with an sti swap-- now that would be nasty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    screw that german crap--i want an ariel atom with an sti swap-- now that would be nasty
    It's a sad day (and I agree with you), all the U.S. Atoms are sold and they are no longer making the beast in Ashland (or anywhere in the U.S.). If you are Jay Leno, or one of the other handful of lucky owners of the U.S. Ariel... you have a VERY broad smile right now!
    "Atheism is a 'non-prophet' organization." ~ George Carlin

They sold the rights to the Atom to a company back east, I think in Virgina, last I heard. Should still be making them in the US though, just not in Ashland.

Edit: Looks like they've already updated the Atom website with the new company's info:
    Welcome to Ariel Atom USA

ya they are still building them, but god have you see how much they go for!--i think i would go for a lotus elise before i bought half of a car

ya they are still building them, but god have you see how much they go for!--i think i would go for a lotus elise before i bought half of a car
    Well, sort of a worthless site. They weren't really cheap when they were built in Ashland ~ At least they are still (in theory) around in the US.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NW OBS View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much like saying you'd kick Jessica Alba out of your bed ~ Yeah, that car is a real turd... Only leads the F1 field around every F1 track in the world @ speeds that would stuff a Suby into a wall!

Sorry, I love my Subaru, but let's get real!
    Your right.. Im a complete tool bag.. Never mind I bow to your perfection..
    Last edited by T0rque; 05-10-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

you have to ignore bo today --someone lit the string on his tampon dude, take a midol, get some sleep and call me in the morning........ imo amg builds some of the coolest cars around (for german garbage) --i think we all know what would happen to your average stock sti against that car, hell it should be able to smoke it for the amount of money you'd blow on it.--no offense to scoobynuby, but dude if your pissed about that car kicking you ass-i can think of a dozen cars that could do it and cost a quarter of the price of the amg-or a new sti--sit back and get some perspective on what your driving--its an sti, while it has all kinds of nifty jap engineering--you need to realize to be selective about your battles---i had a nasty chevelle in highschool with a built small block-while i could take alot of high priced sportscars in the 1/4 -i didnt get butt hurt if they left me in the corners-picking on boosted hondas is fun, but f'ing with a highly tuned v8 is another story---just my 2 cents-take it as you will

OH and, Bo dont make me flex my creds-ive had so many jobs i could start a whole new 100 page thread

Wow! Bo... It seems at 21 (edited: age 26) you have conquered the world of automobiles. I am so sorry that there is a second opinion out there (mine).

I never said the car 'competed' with F1, I said that car leads the field as the pace car, computer limited to 196 mph and goes places the Suby would never go, or the Corvette! Besides, I thought Chevrolets were piles of crap (this from your own post) ~ I am so confused?

I didn't know it was a pissing contest. By 21 (edited: age 26) I had been:

#1 Plate 250 cc Jr. Motocross in SoCa
    West Coast Jr. Karting Champ
    #2 Jr. in Cali In Shifter Carts
    #1 West Coast in Formula Ford
    2nd Place In Unlimited Buggy's Baja 1000
    Regional Champion SCCA (Production Sedan)
    Top 5 IMSA GTU 2 Years Running
    2nd European Porsche Cup Single Make Series
    2nd Place & Champion European Formula 3000 (Two Seasons)
    1st Place Western Division SCCA (Showroom Stock)
    2 Years @ Shelby 'Skunk Works' As Tech Consultant & Driver

* Then add 25 plus more years, ALL in the auto industry, mostly in racing and race prep, tuning, and performance driving for automotive advertising... And now I am in sales (and sold Suby's for 5 years!).

Every manufacture has a dog (including Honda).

My point? If the MBZ next to you wears a 63 badge... let her be ~ Your WRX/STI will be buried while the driver in the MBZ sips his/her coffee and listens to classical music!

That is all!

Edited PS: Nobody said you can't afford it, or had to drive it... It's free country. My reply is based on your 1st response ~ Which was sort of a 'pumped up chest' response if you ask me!!! I wasn't impressed by your resume and I was simply letting you know it. ~
    Last edited by NW OBS; 05-11-2008 at 08:08 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im 26. I stopped at 21 because I felt you got the point.

EDIT: Forget it. I dont give a ****.
    Last edited by T0rque; 05-10-2008 at 11:15 PM.

dude, im not trying to be a smart ass, or doubt your creds but with experience like that --isnt slinging subys, or mbz kind of below you- i mean that would be like me working at a the tire center in wal mart

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, that's pretty much like saying you'd kick Jessica Alba out of your bed ~ Yeah, that car is a real turd... Only leads the F1 field around every F1 track in the world @ speeds that would stuff a Suby into a wall!

Sorry, I love my Subaru, but let's get real!
    This is the part that pissed me off just so you know, I simply posted my opinion of Mercedes and you go and post this. So.. I got real and simply told you that Im not an idiot when it comes to cars, then you decide to start a pissing match.

Things here in our local thread were friendly and I have met and hung out with 95% of the people in here since day one and would help them with anything if they called me up. So please if you'd like to stick around and post feel free but remember that we are a friendly non pissing contest group.

With that said, you dont have to like me, you dont have to hang out with me but to keep what we started here open please squash it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Probably will take a couple hundred more to keep up with that AMG though
    For the record I didnt say that would make him beat the mercedes, I only let him know how to make his car faster.

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't know it was a pissing contest. By 21 (edited: age 26) I had been:

#1 Plate 250 cc Jr. Motocross in SoCa
    West Coast Jr. Karting Champ
    #2 Jr. in Cali In Shifter Carts
    #1 West Coast in Formula Ford
    2nd Place In Unlimited Buggy's Baja 1000
    Regional Champion SCCA (Production Sedan)....
    [/B]
    [golf clap]

Does this thread need to be relocated to WRX vs. The World? That's where we usually contain our magazine racing and vapid discussions of "which car is better".

Everyone take a breath.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

dude, im not trying to be a smart ass, or doubt your creds but with experience like that --isnt slinging subys, or mbz kind of below you- i mean that would be like me working at a the tire center in wal mart
    I came up here to do nothing but fly fish all the rivers that are here ~ and for 2.5 years that's exactly what I did... But, even though the bank account said I was retired, I couldn't do it. You CAN fish too much.

This valley (Rogue) does not offer a ton of options for work, eh?

So, I decided to do what I did to put myself through college...'slinging cars'. It easy, stress free and good money if you know what you are doing.

I still drive for commercials and ads that shoot in the NW, because 80% of my friends are still in the production business and still 'plugged in'. It is a nice balance and I now just fish a few days a week... I am no longer bored stiff!
    Last edited by NW OBS; 05-12-2008 at 06:24 AM.