The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 170

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Would it be impossible? The shove em in those 944's and Ive seen one in an old MR2...

I Support ClubWRX
    Would it be impossible? The shove em in those 944's and Ive seen one in an old MR2

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Anybody change their belts yet? Mine are starting to squeel.

Ive heard of someone down under trying, but at some point they gave up-ot hard i guess......we need to do a 30k on our car..

I Support ClubWRX
    Supposedly when I bought my car they did a 60k. Well... 1100 miles and a year later my alternator belt looks like the liberty bell. I guess I will get some new plugs, fuel filter and alternator belt. Heres the deal, I want to remove the a/c belt.. Not a fan of the a/c anyway. The pulley that is the tensioner for the ac compressor... Does it power anything.. Like a water pump?
    Last edited by T0rque; 01-21-2008 at 09:55 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Not a fan of the a/c anyway.
    Would be if you lived 6 hours south....

Personally I'd leave it, I mean this isn't a D1.6 here Bo, how much drag on the system is their with the clutch disengaged?

The pulley that is the tensioner for the ac compressor... Does it power anything.. Like a water pump?
    I believe the AC belt is separate and the serpentine does power steering and everything else.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    D16? Never liked those..

It gets just as hot here as it does down there sister.

I Support ClubWRX
    D16? Never liked those..

It gets just as hot here as it does down there sister.
    ......and ur a Big guy who wants to deactivate his AC..... There will be no significant power gain. It wont even register on the butt dyno, so why?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    ......and ur a Big guy who wants to deactivate his AC..... There will be no significant power gain. It wont even register on the butt dyno, so why?
    well if i wont see a diff i wont do it... im not a normal big guy.. i dont sweat. i just never use my ac

I Support ClubWRX
    hey guys, so one of my employees is getting married on the 22nd of March. They are having a baby and like most of us dont really have a ton of cash to drop on a wedding.

CHALLENGE:

He needs a spot for the reception, doesnt want to spend much cash. Needs to be indoors since its going to be cold outside. Doesnt necessarily need food, they could go elsewhere for finger type foods for cheaper. Most people want a place to dance so dance floor would probably be nice but doesnt need to have a dj they can find one of those as well. If you guys remember the beginning of this thread his brother is Biggs, so help out a local WRXer any ideas let me know!

well if i wont see a diff i wont do it... im not a normal big guy.. i dont sweat. i just never use my ac
    i <3 my ac
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i <3 my ac
    you would.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dallas do you have the stock wheels off your 05 with the bald tires still? Just wondering if I could maybe borrow them in april or may. I got a sweet quote on a two toned wheel powdercoating and I need wheels to get my car to just sit on in my garage. You think I could borrow em?

Anybody change their belts yet? Mine are starting to squeel.
    I replaced mine when I installed the lightened pulley. That was probably around 40K, and they were in bad shape. I'd recommend getting them from Subaru (local dealership or online). I tried twice at Napa and Shucks, and got the wrong belts both times. Ended up having my wife swing by SOSVM to pick up the right ones. Dunno what it is about these cars, but the local parts stores NEVER have anything that fits

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    I replaced mine when I installed the lightened pulley. That was probably around 40K, and they were in bad shape. I'd recommend getting them from Subaru (local dealership or online). I tried twice at Napa and Shucks, and got the wrong belts both times. Ended up having my wife swing by SOSVM to pick up the right ones. Dunno what it is about these cars, but the local parts stores NEVER have anything that fits
    I got em from SOSVM they were 10 bucks each.. Money I should of gave to Dave but my alternator belt actually broke the other day so

ya just give me a call when you need them, we need to get out 5 zigen rims powder coated and fix a couple of curb marks, see how much for another set of rims for me too.--hey as anyone else got a flyer on thier car from some mike guy about joining the southern oregon impreza club?.......amber found a flyer on her car today.