The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 169

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey Dallas, I bet if you ask PDX they probably have a few laying around that they'd let go for ...

Hey Dallas, I bet if you ask PDX they probably have a few laying around that they'd let go for pretty cheap.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey guys im getting my car tuned and dynoed on the 19th at pre. I'll let you know what the numbers are if your interested
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

thought I had it fixed...

Story: So, I trashed one wheel of mine and got a used replacement at les schwag - I made the mistake of assuming they'd check the size AND offset to make sure it was a match. A couple weeks later, I rotate my tires front to back, and notice that the 'new' wheel is actually rubbing the rear fender. It wasn't so obvious on the front, but now it's clear that I need a different wheel of the correct offset. I went back in to Schwab in Ashland to fix the problem- and they made me go back to the specific Schwab in Medford where I had it done initially. It turns out that they didn't have anything that would fit any better than the one that was rubbing, so they sent me on my way.

My question: Since they recommended and installed a wheel of the wrong size on my car- aren't they responsible for the damage my tire is receiving? If I just keep driving on it until it blows out- isn't that their fault technically? I guess I could use a new set of snow tires...

Bottom line: I need 1 suby steelie asap.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one View Post
    Story: So, I trashed one wheel of mine and got a used replacement at les schwag - I made the mistake of assuming they'd check the size AND offset to make sure it was a match. A couple weeks later, I rotate my tires front to back, and notice that the 'new' wheel is actually rubbing the rear fender. It wasn't so obvious on the front, but now it's clear that I need a different wheel of the correct offset. I went back in to Schwab in Ashland to fix the problem- and they made me go back to the specific Schwab in Medford where I had it done initially. It turns out that they didn't have anything that would fit any better than the one that was rubbing, so they sent me on my way.

My question: Since they recommended and installed a wheel of the wrong size on my car- aren't they responsible for the damage my tire is receiving? If I just keep driving on it until it blows out- isn't that their fault technically? I guess I could use a new set of snow tires...

Bottom line: I need 1 suby steelie asap.
    Bottom line, Les Schwab thinks they can get away with treating you like an idiot. Heres the deal, go down there with some education on what THEY need to do for you. IE go to another tire shop and ask what would happen IF questions. Go to Schwab and stand your ground and make them fix it. Les Schwab is a cowboy company with a cowboy owner, stand firm and they will do what is right to fix it. (I HATE LES SCHWAB..)

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

i second that, i freakin hate les schwab!!!! they will try to give you the shaft every time they can. the final straw for me was this: Amber took my crx down to them and got four new tires and a four wheel alignment. a few days later i get a call at work from Amber, shes stuck on the freeway with a flat.....i call schwab and tell them our car is on I5 and has a flat after having new tires a few days. they tell me that its probly gonna take two or three hours for them to get there and it gonna cost me 85 bucks for a service call! what happened to thier free road side assistance? So i get some tools from BO leave work, go swap cars with amber, put on a spare and limp the car to schwab. go inside and tell them what happened. they tell me they will have the car back to me in a half an hour. three hours later i get a call.....my wheel is bent......my alignment is off.......they cant get my brand of wheels and is gonna cost me around 400 bucks to fix everything...........i snap.........go across the street and rip everyone there a new one. they tell me that they arent at fault in any way. i call my lawyer. 30 mins later the manager comes into honda with my keys and kisses my ass for 20 min with no charge for anything. now i only buy my wheels and tires online and have advantage mount and balance them. moral of the story either dont go to schwab or get a good lawyer and always have his cell number

yeah. They thought I was retarded. One tool told me it was my alignment that was causing one of my wheels to stick out an inch and a half further than all the others. Coincidentally it happened to be the same wheel they sold me.

Thanks for the advise. Any recommendations for a friendly tire shop to visit and ask a few questions?
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

I've been buying my tires from Ed's Tire Factory. Before that I always bought them at Advantage, I just switched to Ed's when I needed something that they didn't carry. Never had to deal with any warranty issues though, so I can't really say if they're any good in that dept.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Hey Dallas, I bet if you ask PDX they probably have a few laying around that they'd let go for pretty cheap.
    thanks i hadnt thought of that...........though after a little more looking around i dont think that its going to be big enough.... i would probly get the quik spool that i want, but i would probably fall on its face and have boost spike issues in the higher rpms. i may just have to buckle down and go with the good old t3/t4 combo, it just sucks cause you can never really find a decent deal on one for less than six or seven hundred bucks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one View Post
    yeah. They thought I was retarded. One tool told me it was my alignment that was causing one of my wheels to stick out an inch and a half further than all the others. Coincidentally it happened to be the same wheel they sold me.

Thanks for the advise. Any recommendations for a friendly tire shop to visit and ask a few questions?
    Expert Tire, see Jeff. Tell them BO sent you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    thanks i hadnt thought of that...........though after a little more looking around i dont think that its going to be big enough.... i would probly get the quik spool that i want, but i would probably fall on its face and have boost spike issues in the higher rpms. i may just have to buckle down and go with the good old t3/t4 combo, it just sucks cause you can never really find a decent deal on one for less than six or seven hundred bucks.
    14g or 16g hybrid??

like a dsm turbo? .......i havent checked into that.....ya know anyone with one?

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess they are like a DSM turbo. I know someone with a 14 I think, but thats pretty small..

crap.......after looking its to friggen small......i need to stop looking anyway, ive gotta get the body straightend out first.

I Support ClubWRX
    id just stick with a friggen t3/t4

I dont know......after adding up everything dollar for dollar i think im just going to bite the bullet and go with an sr20, to bad its almost physically impossible to wedge an ej20 in there.......can u imagine the look on someones face hearing that boxter rumble coming out of a 510?