The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 168

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hahaha Ill get a car cover with a VW logo on the front of it...

I Support ClubWRX
    hahaha Ill get a car cover with a VW logo on the front of it

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    sup

Happy New Year everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    happy new years wade-0

I Support ClubWRX
    Dallas and Wade,

PDX wants 350 dollars for a dyno tune on my car, the PDX Map for my mods would be 150. I am at a stage 3 as far as performance. Should I suck up and go 350 in the spring or should I go with the custom built map? I ask you too, because Dallas you have the custom map, and Wade, your protuned by PDX correct?

I've just got an "Off The Shelf" map from them... But I'm using EcuTek, so it's not quite the same. I'd recommend starting with the OTS option, and maybe see if they will apply that cost towards your custom dyno tune if you decide that you want more juice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea they might do that, I guess I never asked.

when i talked to the guy at pdx he told me that they have pretty much narrowed down and fine tuned thier tunes for the mods that i/we have on our cars. he said that it wouldnt really be worth driving all the way up there and back to have the car dyno'd and tuned just to get 2 or 3 more horses. i didnt really notice any huge difference from the pdx tunes that they sent me with my access port, other than it starts easier, runs smoother in all aspects, and i dont get that unburnt fuel build up on the back of the car. also it no longer has any kind of hesitation or jerk when i shift. i would just call and order the tune that they suggest like i did. for the money we are really happy and have had zero issues.

I Support ClubWRX
    Biggest issue I have is like fully hammer down this thing bucks and kicks like a pro bull man.. After full boost It doesnt really kick or buck but dam its retarded..

Yeah, as long as you tell them everything you have on the car, odds are good that they have already had a few other cars on the dyno with similar mods that they can pull a map from.

Oh, I just heard back from the friend with the Honda alarm problem, here's what he said:

Thanks, Wade, and thank your friend. My wife had found the park/reset lock switch, which at least let us take the car out of gear, a comforting thought if we had to have it towed.

But as it turns out, I followed his advice (more or less) about tracing wires, only I did it from under the hood. Didn't even have to cut a wire, just popped the 15A fuse in the inline fuse holder. Car starts just fine now. I like the idea about removing the wires entirely, I think I'll do that before I send the car down to Medford, just so there's less chance of an accidental short re-arming the alarm.

I Support ClubWRX
    good

Hey guys-- thought i would let everyone know, Bo and Sam had thier baby boy on the 10th at 10:30pm 8lbs,8 ounces,20.5 inches long --as far as i know he is doing well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's Brodie
    Last edited by T0rque; 01-26-2008 at 10:30 PM.

hey has anyone here locally upgraded thier turbo?, the reason i ask is im starting to collect parts for the 510 and will probly be going with a custom set up and im looking for a small cheap turbo. the overall goal is something that will support 8-10lbs max and spool quik--oh ya and is cheap i thought about upgrading our rex with a GT series, but i just dont think the car really needs anymore reason to get bad gas milage and amber is pretty happy with the power the car has now.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Here's Brodie
    Phew! Thank God! For a minute there I was worried he was gonna look like you Bo! Congrats man