The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 167

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; While I may be selling this beauty, the reason I dont want to part with my parts that will work ...

I Support ClubWRX
    While I may be selling this beauty, the reason I dont want to part with my parts that will work on a WRX is because I will be getting another one. Just one that looks like every other one on the road

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey Bo, think can you help this PDXWRX member out? He's having a problem with his Honda...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/25668

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok so Ive got a couple answers Wade. I bought a 95 Civic when I was 17. It had a very popular style alarm system on it that dealerships installed in 93-96. I am guessing the possibility of this is very likely. This alarm system is a small computer chip type device. If this chip is removed from the socket under the dash the vehicle is 100% dissabled. I would look for the chip that is probably fallen onto the floor boards.

Another is that either the brake switch that is located on the brake pedal has failed, easy cheap fix.

Possibility that he needs to reset the Park switch which is done by simply sticking the ignition key in the slot that is located right beside the shifter. It might have a stupid little cap covering it, or it may not. It is also possible that this switch has failed.

Also possible that the ignition switch has failed. Simple fix as well, replace the ignition switch.

It could obviously be an aftermarket as well, if it is an aftermarket alarm, I would honestly just get under the dash and start clipping wires out of the main brain box. Then trace the wires and remove them entirely.

Factory immobilizers were never used until 2001 on the Honda Civic. So I doubt it is anything like that. Hope that helps. If any of these isnt the issue, Dallas might also have a good suggestion that I didnt mention.

I posted up your suggestions on the thread, thanks Bo!

Whats up? long time no see!.......Wade, it could be any of those thing that Bo mentioned, but we need to know exactly how he "set it off", that can really narrow it down, my first guess would be that its the alarm-if its aftermarket......second check the brake switch, then check the shift interlock solinoid, when the key is in the on position, motor off, push the brake petal and it activates the shift interlock solinoid, which will allow the shifter to move. the ignition switch i would seriously doubt. tell him to use a multi meter and test both switches on the brake pedal( cause i cant remember which one is for just the lights, and which one is for the shift interlock/cruise), there may only be one switch. then tell to search honda sites for help with testing the shift interlock( cause i dont remember the test procejure)--oh have him try to shift it using the key in shift lock on the console, i would say if it wont move like that he has some issues that should be looked at by a dealer or good mechanic.--peace--Dallas

I Support ClubWRX
    Ignition switch is only if all other things fail. It is linked to the trans it tells the interlock to disengage when the key is put in the ignition and turned.

Like Dallas said check the brake switch, they fail enough to be looked at seriously. There should only be one switch on the brake pedal, even if the car has cruise control.

Randomness:

Just thought I'd give any someone on here a chance to pick it up locally and save some money on a killer in dash touch screen that I bought but decided not to install

sold

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-KENWOOD-EXCE...QQcmdZViewItem

Hit me up with any questions and I could end it early if anyone wants it b4 christmas. (no shipping locally of course)
    Last edited by <NicK>; 12-22-2007 at 05:18 PM.
    02 COBB STAGE 1.5 WRX- Sold
    06 Mercedes C230 6-Speed (No it's not fast lol)

I Support ClubWRX
    Car gets back in the garage tomorrow at n00n, look for pics tomorrow night

I Support ClubWRX
    Okay, I kinda hate to do this because well... It is Lithia, but my car was in the shop for 11 days. I have had 3 full paint jobs done on various cars from that shop all of which were in the shop for longer than 1 month. My car came out FLAWLESS after 11 days, it is the best job I have ever seen come out of that paint shop. I am extremely happy with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Merry Christmas guys

Hey, on the bright side, now your car probably has the paint job it should have come with from the factory. Stupid thin Subaru paint!

Let's see some pics soon, as soon as you're done playing with your Christmas toys.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Hey, on the bright side, now your car probably has the paint job it should have come with from the factory. Stupid thin Subaru paint!

Let's see some pics soon, as soon as you're done playing with your Christmas toys.
    WELL since this is the SECOND time in the 8 months I have owned this car, the paint is excellent now haha.

The first time every panel on the car was keyed excluding the roof. I had the trunk lid shaved, front bumper replaced nd the side skirts painted the first time.

This time the hood, fenders, inner fenders, front bumper hood scoop, grille, grill emblem and trunk lid were replaced and all of the above including the front doors and rear quarter panels and rear bumper were repainted.

Now its time to sell it!!!--or i have a nice lifted chevy pickup i would trade you............then id have two of your former subys...if we do--you have to pay for the stickers that say "THIS IS NO LONGER BO'S CAR"

I Support ClubWRX
    hahahahahaha I think I might just keep it.

If you do keep it, invest in a really loud alarm (with a pager) and some cameras.

And maybe a car cover that makes it look like a volkswagen or something.