The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 164
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; 50 bucks....

50 bucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what kind of UP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    what kind of UP
    I think HKS.... Bo and Essvar would know, they owned it before me.....

I Support ClubWRX
    it is an HKS UP pipe. Dave has one for sale.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Would dealership reviews be welcome here?

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont see a problem with posting a dealership review here. Especially if it is local, if it is statewide, we can open up another thread and do State of Oregon Subaru Dealership reviews.

Well, I have two dealers to review.....

I Support ClubWRX
    go ahead

Well I wish I had better things to say since this is my home dealer, but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever try to buy a car from them again. I have been internet shopping for a new Outback and had contacted SOS, but had never heard back from them. I then contacted Thomas Sales and Service of Bend, OR and received a prompt reply. I found the 2007 Outback I wanted, and made a tentative deal with them.

Meanwhile a friend in the parts department at SOS was dismayed I was buying a car from out of town, and contacted me. I agreed to speak with a salesman, Jeff Nickel, and brought my car in for appraisal. Right off the bat I was told my car wasn't excellent, but he wasn't going to split hairs over that, and I was lucky that I was getting the guaranteed buyback from Subaru because they get WRX for 10 or 11 grand all the time. I told him the length of contract I wanted, and that I was fine with their asking price that was 1600 over the 2007 because this car was an '08. I told him I already had a deal for the length of time I wanted, and the percentage rate I wanted.

Jeff then checked my credit, and said that the dealer in Bend hadn't ran my credit, and that they were probably lying to me. Furthermore, he said it wasn't possible to get the contract length I wanted with the lenders they use. We also asked him how A dealer in Portland was able to sell the car I wanted for 19,990 and showed him the ad since Thomas was matching that deal. He then said they can't do that, because Subaru would pull their advertising dollars. He also said they were losing money doing that.

By this time, I'm pissed, and my finace' is pissed, and he pretty much made it clear he wasn't selling me a car on my terms, so we left. I went yesterday to Bend and bought my 2007 Outback at the agreed price and length of contract. I even got a 1.6 percent drop in my interest rate over what they originally quoted me! The icing on the cake was the fact I'm financed at the credit union SOS claimed wouldn't give the length of contract or interest rate I wanted. I guess if you aren't willing to roll over and play dead for them, they aren't interested in selling you a car. They don't seem to like informed customers.

As for parts and service there, they have always treated me well, just the sales department should be avoided at all costs.

Thomas Sales and Service of Bend

Best car buying experience I've had. Found the Outback I wanted online, and was propmtly replied to when I inquired. Dealt over e-mail and phone with the internet sales manager, Eric Priller, and was treated professionally the whole time. He worked his rear off for me to get me the car I wanted.

Eric even matched an ad for a Portland dealer for an indentical car. Due to my work schedule, they held the car for me for two weeks since they are located 3 hours away from me in Bend, OR. When I arrived there, I spent a total of 2 hours start to finish to get on the road with my new car. I only had to deal with Eric and one other person who handled the paperwork.

They didn't run the numbers game on me, or try anything else slight of hand. They even got me an interest rate 1.6 percent lower than they had originally quoted me! They also offered to help me get a motel for a good rate, since I was staying the night. I can't say enough good things about my car buying experience, and the professionalism exhibited by Eric and the people there. When I wear this Outback out, I'll go back there again. They are worth the trip.

I Support ClubWRX
    Funny you mention not hearring anything back from SOS over the internet. I emailed them 3 times in the last 4 weeks about the 2007 STi they have sitting on the lot that has sat there since FEBRUARY. Never received 1 phone call, or even an email. I had to FIGHT literally for the deal I had on my car with them. I wont be buying there again.

Theres alot going on in SO
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Theres alot going on in SO
    There is? No one told me that......;-)

Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    There is? No one told me that......;-)
    Im sorry, I figured you would of noticed

I Support ClubWRX
    Just construction, thats about it.

And stressful situations..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.