The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 150

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Speaking of ByPass Valves.... So my car is stock except for suspension and a K&N Drop in air filter. The ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Speaking of ByPass Valves.... So my car is stock except for suspension and a K&N Drop in air filter. The friggen thing is loud. I yanked my HKS SSQV off of scoop before Dallas bought it because it was annoying... Now the stock one is driving me nuts... Should it be loud enough to hear it inside the cabin?? I could hear mine when I was stage 1 with scoop but this car is stock downpipe, Uppipe, and ECU

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What are you hearing? Mine whistles a little while on boost, and makes a very subtle "Pshhh" after lifting the throttle. I have the intake silencer removed, which made a huge impact on the volume. I can only really hear it with the windows down though. Of course, with a stock exhaust, it might be easier to hear with the windows up.

You might want to order a new gasket for it, then take it off and run some carb cleaner through it and put it back on with the new gasket. They can get pretty gunky with all the blow-by.
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well on my way home from work last night I really hammered the throttle which I havent really done since I bought this car, when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd I could hear it, I had my window cracked but thats it. Since then I can hear it pretty good when I am in boost and between shifts, if I just drive it like my grandma I cant, but if I am slightly on it even a little bit I can hear it well. Loud enough that it sounds like somebody standing on the sidewalk could hear it.

I know you guys probably don't care but I took my WRX replacement to the track again yesterday.... here are a few pics of the fun.

And I must say... this hobbie is way more fun than the WRX... but it can't carry kids or groceries
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy another wrx essvar... I need to sell my quad.. I make a 288 dollar a month payment on that dam thing...

Hey Andy, are still around? Is that your car that I've seen parked across from my house for the last few days, in the new development on the corner of Starflower and Hersey (Park Ridge Place)?
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont think he is around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Buy another wrx essvar... I need to sell my quad.. I make a 288 dollar a month payment on that dam thing...
    I won't get another WRX for awhile... I run a cash only operation now, no more debt until I get a house.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

^Smart man...

I'm trying to sell my 06 Polaris Predator 500 SE too btw

Throwing away $850 in rent each month is very sickening for me
    02 COBB STAGE 1.5 WRX- Sold
    06 Mercedes C230 6-Speed (No it's not fast lol)

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea 850 is a little too much for my taste. Thats only 200 less than my house payment was.

exactly... i'm paying someone elses morgage; laaaaaaaame
    02 COBB STAGE 1.5 WRX- Sold
    06 Mercedes C230 6-Speed (No it's not fast lol)

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea, your also paying there utilities too, while they make $$$$$$$$

Soooo... $100 dollars a wheel to powder coat.. I only paid 200 dollars for the whole set of these 18"s.. Which spray paint should I use? They are all fixed and repaired, I just need a good can of paint per wheel so that they are good and painted. I want BLACK. Not shiney black, not gunmetal.. Just BLACK
    Last edited by T0rque; 04-19-2007 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Yea, your also paying there utilities too, while they make $$$$$$$$

Soooo... $100 dollars a wheel to powder coat.. I only paid 200 dollars for the whole set of these 18"s.. Which spray paint should I use? They are all fixed and repaired, I just need a good can of paint per wheel so that they are good and painted. I want BLACK. Not shiney black, not gunmetal.. Just BLACK
    Duplicolor makes wheel paint. I have a can of clear, I think they also have black, silver and white. Not sure if it's flat/matte though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea it is a "charcoal" color.. I think I will just go down and look at the wall o future graffiti and find something. I think rustoleum makes a matte black that is supposedly thicker than most spray paints.. I just dont feel like paying that much money to have them powder coated (100 each) when I only paid 200 for all 4 w/tires.

+ I have Engine Management to purchase.

i used the duplicolor wheel paint a few times and as long as you let them dry for a day or two that stuff is damn near as hard as powdercoating. i just cleaned that crap out of the wheels with laquer, sanded out and scuffs or scratches and used a can per wheel, in really light coats. let it sit in the sun for a day or two and never had any issues.