The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 149
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; FIRST mod would be return to stock Bypass valve. If you already have COBB stage 1, where is your AP?? ...

I Support ClubWRX
    FIRST mod would be return to stock Bypass valve. If you already have COBB stage 1, where is your AP?? Did they not give you the AP when you bought it? Yea you can usually find them used for around 450

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

YES REMOVE THE BOV!!!!!! do you notice that wierd hesitation to boost after a shift and how ruff the accelleration is after a shift? ---its mainly because of the bov. going atmospheric is messing with the maf's readings and causing an intermittent lean condition everytime you shift. also (correct me if im wrong) but doesnt an intake cause an additional lean condition? --unless tuned to correct? thats wierd that you have a cobb tune without an access port.....to reflash again dont you have to have the exact unit used to flash to remove or change the flash?---chime in here guys he needs to figure this out, before he damages something.----plus that thing is gonna run sooooo much better on a stg 2 map!

I was really lucky, I have pretty much every single peice of paper on the car (mods, oil changes ect ect) since it rolled off the lot. In fact, I have all the paperwork from when the car was bought brand new back in 02. Anyway, There is an invoice from 2002 for a HKS SSQ bov. So odds are that its have this bov since 02

And the invoice from Cobb, looks like he took the ecu out, sent it into Cobb, they reflashed it and sent it back.

Its a short ram kinda style intake if that makes any difference.

I havent really noticed any hesitation after I shift, but I am still getting used to the subi transmission. And I dont get on it very often mainly cuz my babies riding in the back most of the time.

But the other day getting on 5 from work, it peaked at 16.5lbs in third. It was quite nice.
    02 COBB STAGE 1.5 WRX- Sold
    06 Mercedes C230 6-Speed (No it's not fast lol)

The BOV will cause you to run rich b/w shifts and the intake will tend to lean the MAF out.

Something doesn't jive b/c COBB reflash has the accessport to go with, other ECU reflashing like ECUtek goes straight into the ecu. Regardless with those mods you need a stage 2 map and to remove that BOV asap.... I would also suggest going back to a stock intake.

But hell, what do I know... I'm just a motorcycle riding, short bus riding window licker.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ tater head???? Do you wear your helmet off your bike too!? j/k

That is weird, but back in 02 maybe they didnt have the accesport yet. Maybe you had to send the ecu off like HONDATA.

sooo... stage 2 Includes the ap?

will it pretty much be a plugin and go thing? or will I hafta egt it dyno'ed?

The easiest way is what I want, plus I really can't have any down time on the car, cuz of the baby and driving around the family n' such.

I'm gonna shoot an email to Cobb, cuz it was def relflashed and sent back... I found the fedex slip in with the papers.

I Support ClubWRX
    COBB Package stage 1 and stage 2 as of now and even 3 years ago came with an AP with is a plug and play mod.

thanks for clearing that up essvar..... nick if you dont have the original bov, hks makes a recirc kit for the ssq.......the access port install is cake, it takes like 5 mins and your on the road again. also just get a k&n drop in for the intake and ditch the aftermarket crap.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ +1 The factory by pass valve can handle about 20psi from what Ive heard, also the factory air box is good up too 400 HP but you'll blow the tranny before that.

Geez noobs! Cobb used to just sell an ECU reflash like EcuTek. It was called AccessECU. They offered an upgrade discount to existing customers when they launched the AccessPort. You should check with them, they might still cut you a deal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^ tater head???? Do you wear your helmet off your bike too!? j/k

That is weird, but back in 02 maybe they didnt have the accesport yet. Maybe you had to send the ecu off like HONDATA.
    ^ ^ ^ Im no n00b

I called up Cobb in Utah yesterday... and it is the ACCESSecu. It was all done in 8/02/03

It was $419 (w/shipping)
    to get a stage 2/ap he said $650

I'm going to take a pic of my intake... it looks like the oem black intake w/ a small aluminum peice that the hks filter goes onto... its weird

any links for the hks reserculation (sp) kit?

You should find out if Cobb can tell you anything about the map they reflashed your ECU with. I wouldn't just start pulling stuff, you might actually have a map that's been adjusted for those parts.

He told me (over the phone)stage 2 is 255hp/265tq

but thats what the paperwork states for the accessECU reflash.

I'm going to call back monday and ask for someone who was there when they were doing this thing back in 03.

As far as i'm concerned, the car runs flawlessly :knocks on wood:

Peaks at 16.5lbs, idels 100% smooth, pulls hard around 3k

But like I said, Im a class A NooB in the scoobie world.

btw... thanks for all your help

I Support ClubWRX
    Nick if your receipts for the turbo back and up pipe were before the ecu reflash, I wouldnt worry about changing anything until you want to do more up grades. At this point Id turn the focus into stopping and turning power.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.