The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 148

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by As narrow minded as your statement is, I'm not lookng to change it. It really doesn't personally ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    As narrow minded as your statement is, I'm not lookng to change it. It really doesn't personally affect me how you feel about our site, because after all, its an internet site and nothing more.

I joined this site to maybe learn a bit about the wrx I bought, but you were pretty much disrespectful, and judged me right away based on the local site I belong to.
    I didn't even poke fun at you for your "Type R" civic you had. Some of us actually owned Real R's and might call people like you ricers. But I know you were just doing your thing and have most likely changed from when you had that lil ep3, to now. People (and sites) evolve over time. Thats all I'm saying. Holding a grudge against people that most likely aen't even on the site anymore is sad, but I'm not gonna Dr. Phil it up anymore. Think what you want.
    I was going to get really upset by this.. But I was the retard for "prematurely" putting the REAL Type R badges on the car, I didnt want to do it, but was told by everyone to do it for the show, so I did. Plus the position I was in with that particular car and the company I work for, I kinda had to do it. My general manager gave me some store credit to put some visual modifications on my car so that it would help sell the current body Si's, since that was in my plans for futre since I was going to do the whole body like I did with the black one I owned later, I figured I would get those badges as well. So... I kinda had to do it.

I judged you for who you are and what you have said to some of us in the past, that is all. I am more than willing to see if youve changed and so far... Maybe. Any questions you may have of the WRX Id be more than happy to answer.

Also I hope you dont think I called you a tool, that was intended for Essvar, he is the local tool
    Last edited by T0rque; 04-11-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wade- How much did I charge you in parts for your clutch!? I thought it was around 330 or so?

I just got my prices to do my clutch and it is 474!!!! At cost plus 10% good lord!

I didn't care what you did with you car (we've all done ricer shizzle at some point i'm sure), I just don't like being judged for belonging to a local site (of all things).

I know Essvar has had some drama involving some MT people (and a girl, or course) and I'm sure I was somehow lumped in with that as well

But I am not here to get into bs with you guys. I simply want/need info about my new-to-me car.

Coming from a gs-r/ type r/ s2000 its a WORLD of difference
    02 COBB STAGE 1.5 WRX- Sold
    06 Mercedes C230 6-Speed (No it's not fast lol)

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said, any questions just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Also I hope you dont think I called you a tool, that was intended for Essvar, he is the local tool
    Why do you always have to make fun of the guy who rode the short bus? Saw my old WRX the other day, still looking good... mostly in 1 piece, VERY dirty though

Yeah I had drama with a few MT kids, oh well no skin off my back. And nick(is this the nick i know?), things NOT to do...

DO NOT:
    put a BOV on your car
    add a cold air intake
    mess with boost w/o tuning
    Last edited by Essvar; 04-11-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Yes... Nick (not Nic with the yellow tt 300zx back in the day)

I should have bought your car when I had the chance... But I didnt realize I'd need a 4door a year later :cough baby:

My car came with a Greddy ProfectB Spec II (which I have off) untill it gets tuned.

Other then PDXtuning which I know cade had do his car... has anyone used P.R.E?

I called em up and they seem pretty resonable for dyno time $$$... But I realize you get what you pay for too.

Regarding medford tuners

I figure i should probably chime in here and clarify my stand and opinion on Medford tuners..... I know Jase ( the guy who has the site now) personally very well. he helped me with tuning my car and my brothers car with diy standalone systems. I have nothing but respect for jase--he is a great guy and REALLY knows his **** when it comes to boost, turbos, tuning, a/f theory and anything that goes along with it. If you ever get a chance to talk to this kid about anything on boost, he will blow your mind. the great thing about jase is that ( and i have found this to be an issue with alot of car guys) is that "we" as a group are usually very close minded when i comes to other brands types of cars.Jase however is not that way and is down for anything fast.-a side note: if anyone does meet jase and you get a chance to ride in his car, your in for one killer ride!! it is the smoothest thing on boost i have ever ridden in. As for the rest of the people on medford tuners, while i have friends that are on that site, my personal opinion is that, with the exception of the guys i call my friends,( and ask Bo, i try and chose them wisely) you couldnt get a have way decent "shade tree", hillbilly "tuner" if they all put thier minds together. The thing that has always cracked me up about most of the guys on that site is how most of the guys on that site claim to know all kinds of crap about hondas ( which are some of the easiest cars to work on) and how fast thier **** is, but most of them still cant fix some of the simplest issues, due to lack of basic mechanical knowledge,--just guess who used to get alot of phone calls about how they've tryed everything and i still wont run. What i really came to hate about that site is all of the **** talking. The "kids" on that site think that its ok to talk crap about people and dont expect anything to happen outside of thier little cyber world. Now as for Nick, i know who he is, but i dont know him personally. This is what i can offer for Nick as some friendly advise: 1st. remember that you are a newbie on this site not an admin. so try to show a little restraint. 2nd. try to be respectfull of everyone on this site, there is guys on here that have got alot of advise to give about what is going to be the best mods and things to do with your sube, because all of what you may have learned via hondas doesnt really translate to subys. 3rd nobody on this site really cares how many hondas or what types of hondas that youve had. One last thing i would like to mention, i finally got out of the Honda world and all of the d-bags that come along with it, and found a site that has very little b.s. and for the most part ( with the exception of Bo ) alot more mature crowd. I believe that i speak for everyone when i say that i hope you take the advise above and please dont drag that medford tuners b.s. over here. Dont take all of this personally, like i said--its just friendly advise.

I Support ClubWRX
    hehehehe Yea Im still a d-bag... Oh well.. Also... Never get me started on how many Hondas I have owned... It will shock you.

Essvar... Im thinking of painting the tribeca SB yellow with an S1 for the number

Essvar had a good list going. You mentioned a Greddy Profec. That really isnt going to do anything for you. Id recomend a UTEC/COBB AP/ECUTEK Engine Management system. There is a very wide variety of what is used around here in Southern Oregon

with the cobb accessport... are you still able to pass emmisions? And don't you need a stage II from cobb? I only have the stage I reflash
    I'm really not looking to be the fastest on the street/strip. I just want a nice low 13sec (maybe very high 12 second) DD.

Plus my babygirl takes up alot of my budget, soooo money isn't flying around willy-nilly.

(yes I said willy-nilly)

I Support ClubWRX
    wow... Willy Nilly?? really?? hah

Cobb accesport will retain emissions. Since your vehicle is OBD2 (96 and newer) all they will do is plug a scan tool in to the OBD Slot and scan it for problems, since you can basically clear any problems with the accesport you will pass no problem

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Other then PDXtuning which I know cade had do his car... has anyone used P.R.E?

I called em up and they seem pretty resonable for dyno time $$$... But I realize you get what you pay for too.
    The thing about PDX is you won't need to dyno with them unless you do a turbo upgrade because they have already dyno'd and tuned every possible combanation for stage 2 or lower.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Nick, what other mod do you have done to the car? --we have the access port for our car, when it was in it worked great. Not knowing what you have done to the car, my recommendation would be this: get a good exhaust, uppipe and d.p. then get an access port and run the stage 2 base map. cruise up to pdx and get tuned. that should get you close to what your looking for as far as power, other good items although not cheap, but definetly recommended is a bigger top mount and fuel rails.---i feel your pain with the baby bill---that can slow the car progress down right quik

ya i agree, i would go with pdx, wether you go up there or just have them send you the flash info either way everytime i talked to them the price was good and judging by thier cars that i saw at horsepower freaks free dyno day they know what they are doing.

I Support ClubWRX
    PRE is a pretty good shop too. PRERacing (Bobby) and 03_yellow_wrx(Jen) are on here, Jen is a moderater, her car is sponsored by the shop and her husband bobby (PRERacing) is the tuner there. They have a Sonic yellow WRX with an STi block and a chevy turbo 400 trans full RWD. Pretty nasty car. PDX is also very good and deffinately know what they are doing.

ooops my bad...

The car has:

HKS intake
    HKS UP & DP
    HKS 3" Exhaust
    Cobb Stage I
    HKS SSQ bov (allready on there)
    Greddy Profec B Spec II (turned off)

thats all I can think of right meow.

AP is around $450
    Last edited by <NicK>; 04-12-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added to list