The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 143

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Sweet thanks guys, now i just gotta go get the gaskets and plugs...

Sweet thanks guys, now i just gotta go get the gaskets and plugs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    hah dam I gave you one step hotter

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    hah dam I gave you one step hotter
    You were trying to blow another motor huh
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

Troy has it right, the BKR7EIX is the plug I'm running, one step colder than stock range.

Dallas - The fuel smell is all the time. We have to put it on recirc whenever the car is stopped, or our eyes start tearing up from the fuel vapor. It's bad. Doesn't really smell outside the car, so it has to be pulling it from under the hood through the air vents.

No joke huh, that would be my luck, go though all the precautions of putting in the right plugs and new parts, then take it out and blow its guts out

--Wade it definetly sounds like one of the two, either a raw fuel leak or an uncatalized fuel leak. I cannot express how important it is that you fix the leak!! every time you or your girl drive it, your sitting on a time bomb!!!! its seriously dangerous if its a catalist leak because it just vaporized fuel. it doesnt take a lot to light that up and have it travel into your fuel system. its actually less dangerous if its a raw fuel leak because its harder to ignite.-- if you need help this weekend trying to track it down i should be free saturday during the day and most of sunday just give me a call 890-2507

I Support ClubWRX
    Im gonna be at the honda shop sanding down my 18s to paint them and get rid of the curbrash some dude put in them. What color do you guys thing? I was thinking Flat black with a candy red pinstripe

Found the source of the fuel smell. The asshats that did the 60K didn't reconnect the PCV hose. Not sure why I didn't notice it before, but I'm really pissed that SOSVM mechanics didn't notice it. Oh well, at least it was an easy fix.

Thanks for the assistance and offers for help Dallas and Bo.

Dude thats awsome!! i should have thought of that sooner . it never fails u always over think the simplest things... that just goes to show how bad your oil system gets contaminated with unburt fuel. which brings up another question. is anyone here running a oil seperator? i bypassed the entire pcv system on my integra and was running an atmospheric oil seperator....you would be amazed at how much better that car ran after the mod.4 cyl motors can build a ton of crank case pressure at idle and even under a load. at idle it was building up to 30 inches of positive pressure and at wot it would drop to 5 inches, the mod had some good benefits, it was smoother at idle, under accelleration, and the oil stayed cleaner for alot longer. the only down side was what you experienced, the smell of dead dinosuars boiling in the bottom of your oil pan ...alot of boosted honda guys are using them to prevent oil breakdown, blown seals and to preventing the octane levels in fuel to be lowered by oil contamination, not to mention no nasty build up in your intake runners. even if you dont run atmospheric the seperator it can help alot, anyone running one?

I Support ClubWRX
    I know a lot of the guys with front mounts and turbo upgrades are running them. Not sure of atmospheric but they are running catch cans and all that noise.

All of the catch-can setups I've seen plumb back into the intake, haven't seen any that were atmospheric. I've been thinking about getting one, every time I see the oil residue inside my intercooler. Just haven't decided which one I want (or how much I want to pay).

The one that i built for the integra was a moroso unti i got from summit. i wish i had pics of it here is the one that i basically copied
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CATCH CAN.jpg  

i used my modified version of the moroso can on my car, my brothers and a buddies boosted civic.we all ran atmosperic because we noticed a bigger difference in how the cars ran. with it plumbed to vacum via a pcv you still will have a slight issue with oil build up. the boosted car was having the same issues with oil build up in the intercooler, and was having issues with blow by because of the i pressures in the crank case. after the install those issues werent an issue, just keeping clutches in it was

I Support ClubWRX
    hmm Yea the oil in the intercooler is annoying

I Support ClubWRX
    So I picked up my license plates for the Tribeca on Sunday and SOSVM has an 07 Lancer out front. Which is odd to me because they dont even have them on the Mitsu website yet. So it got me thinking, I wonder how close this will be to the new EVO, so I talked to the salesman. He said the interior will be somewhat different, and the drivetrain will be different, also the suspension will be different. He said the body is identical aside from the rear spoiler, he also said that the headlights will change (xenon instead of normal h4 or whatever) and the vortex generator for the MR. The thing I thought was strange is he said that possibly the Nav would be optional on the EVO, also the car was ALOT bigger than the 06 version of the Lancer. I wonder if Subaru is going to follow suite in making the Impreza bigger. The difference was not to drastic like the 06 civic and 06 accord, but more like the 06 civic vs 02 accord. So decent amount. All in all, that car was pretty dam hot tho, even without the EVO status.

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    i used my modified version of the moroso can on my car, my brothers and a buddies boosted civic.we all ran atmosperic because we noticed a bigger difference in how the cars ran. with it plumbed to vacum via a pcv you still will have a slight issue with oil build up. the boosted car was having the same issues with oil build up in the intercooler, and was having issues with blow by because of the i pressures in the crank case. after the install those issues werent an issue, just keeping clutches in it was
    There's a pretty good catch-can FAQ on nabisco:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754710