The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 141

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX 541-951-5721 is my cell number, give me a call if you guys are still at it ...

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    541-951-5721 is my cell number, give me a call if you guys are still at it around 4. Also I have a small fortune in tools, so if you guys ever need or want too, Id be up to helping or doing anything, just give me a call.
    Hey Bo, I need some help finding and fixing a fuel leak on my wife's 2.5RS. The dealership said it was just running rich because of the cold weather, so apparently they can't tell the difference between raw fuel and exhaust smells. I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down to the area around the passenger side fuel rail. Think you could offer any expertise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Think you could offer any expertise?
    Tell her to stop running over things with sharp appendages.
    Life is a b!tch, so smack it on the ass and say "Thanks for the ride"

I Support ClubWRX
    yea, no problem man, when do you want me to look

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    So Sonic goes to the body shop tomorrow, he will get a little extra work done, couldnt afford much at the moment but still, he is getting his sideskirts painted, his badges removed, and the trunk shaved. (wingless and lockless)

What up guys, the wife finally got her wheels on her car. i'll try and post pics later. She 18x7.5 bronze 5zigen fr10c. now the car actually looks like my avitar

I Support ClubWRX

When is it going to be finished Bo?

fuel leak

Wade there is a tsb for a fuel smell in cold weather conditions. under the intake manifold there is two rubber fuel lines that connect the two hard fuel lines that run to each fuel rail. the corrective proceedure is basically to replace the rubber line with a longer line. apparently they used short fuel line that aligned the hard line wrong. with the use of the longer line it puts the hard lines at the correct angles and doesnt let it leak. i cant seem to copy the pics or the text info from the mitchell tsb page. hope that helps,--if you guys need a hand just call.

I Support ClubWRX
    Probably next week. I CANT FRIGGEN WAIT!!!! I had the WHOLE trunk shaved, lock, wing and badges. I also am having the sideskirts and "protector" painted as well.

Ah man, A southern oregon thread. Sweet! I can tell i'm gonna like it here. Just got a 02 White sedan on monday. It's been a good week

I Support ClubWRX
    F' Yea it has for you! Welcome to the site, hope you stick around awhile. Make sure to introduce yourself in the n00b section too.

Again, anybody want to get together for Pizza one saturday night this month??

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    Wade there is a tsb for a fuel smell in cold weather conditions. under the intake manifold there is two rubber fuel lines that connect the two hard fuel lines that run to each fuel rail. the corrective proceedure is basically to replace the rubber line with a longer line. apparently they used short fuel line that aligned the hard line wrong. with the use of the longer line it puts the hard lines at the correct angles and doesnt let it leak. i cant seem to copy the pics or the text info from the mitchell tsb page. hope that helps,--if you guys need a hand just call.
    Yeah, that TSB is only for the WRX though. The fuel rail setup looks different on the RS. That's definitely the same place that the fuel leak is in Noelle's RS though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you find it man?? I never got a call for help. Id be willing anytime if you need me

No, it just hasn't been very high on my list of things to do lately. I'm going to Vegas tomorrow, so I've been a little tied up getting ready for that. I'll give you a call when I get back and have some time to spend on it. Hopefully your car will be done by then too

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea things are looking positive. Altho a little scared I might not get my skirts painted. They have to replace the scratched skirt..