The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by the_black_one Does anybody know of a place in medford or g.p. where I could get a pair ...

Quote Originally Posted by the_black_one
    Does anybody know of a place in medford or g.p. where I could get a pair of decent foglights? I wasn't looking to drop bennies- so something ~$50-$75 is what I'm searching for. Both of mine are dead, and the wide selection of 'pilot' brand at Bi-mart (Ashland's ONLY store ) ain't quite cuttin' it.
    You need to replace the whole assembly, or just the bulbs? WalMart has SilverStars for "hella" cheap

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been mening to get a new pair for a while. I paid somewhere around $20-30 for the generic yellow rectangles I have now- I wanted something larger, not square (maybe oval?), and definitely better quality. I don't know bout teh silverstars cause I've got them in my headlights, and they don't have enough yellow in them to get through the fog. I tried turning my brights on in the fog/snow once on stage pass, and it did noting but reflect back at me

What's the law? When can you use them? I thought the circle lights on the WRX were driving lights...not foglights- am I wrong?

That's weak- I love having a wagon- I never get pulled over. All I need is some tint to make them think a senior is behind the wheel.
    Don't you bring that weak tot action

I Support ClubWRX
    Is there a decent mark up on helmets biggs? I want the Troy Lee Designs "HOT ROD" I was gonna have my bro buy it for me....

Also I need an opinion, when I have my trunk lid fixed should I go back white with no badges no spoiler or carbon fiber, I am going AT LEAST carbon fiber STi Hood Scoop on the Hood possibly STi painted Scoop with Carbon fiber hood.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Also I need an opinion, when I have my trunk lid fixed should I go back white with no badges no spoiler or carbon fiber, I am going AT LEAST carbon fiber STi Hood Scoop on the Hood possibly STi painted Scoop with Carbon fiber hood.
    I wouldn't do it, at least not yet. The sedan already has a heavy nose, you are going to throw the balance off even more by removing weight from the rear end.

If you insist on putting something c/f unpainted on your car, I don't think just the hood scoop would look right. I'd go with the painted sti scoop (white) on a c/f hood- and a painted trunk (debadged/no spoiler). Personally, I don't like the look of the c/f trunk- a little on the 'uncle ben's' side, IMHO.

If it were me, I'd stick with all white w/ subtle black or grey accents.

Hey, it looks like it's supposed to clear up in the next few days. Is Indian Mary park open yet?

Have you tested out those tires yet, Wade?
    Last edited by the_black_one; 05-11-2005 at 10:39 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im going to get a new trunk lid and go with a white trunk lid with carbon fiber hood. I dont believe carbon fiber is rice, the people in the car with half primer half ugly paint, or teal, orange baby blue or whatever freaky color comboed cars with a duck fart can is rice IMO

I Support ClubWRX
    I gotta install my uppipe soon, I am also going with black wheels again, I wanted to go with gold but the wife wont let me. I may be able to go bronze will need to find out. I recieved 2 of my tires, other tires will be soon, Yokohama Parada Spec 2s

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    Im going to get a new trunk lid and go with a white trunk lid with carbon fiber hood. I dont believe carbon fiber is rice, the people in the car with half primer half ugly paint, or teal, orange baby blue or whatever freaky color comboed cars with a duck fart can is rice IMO
    To clarify, I don't think c/f is rice- I think a c/f trunk lid looks rice. As would a c/f hatch on a wagon. And what you described sounds more like digested rice, AKA sh*t.

The hood should look nice (not rice - what kind/color wheels do you have?

horrahhh! The weather is getting nicer!

and Horahh for going to look at a house for rent tonight
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Yeah- the sun makes it evident my car needs a wash. I wish there was a place where you could just pay to use a hose. That high-pressure stuff is pretty harsh on the waxjob.

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand, I am going with the black 18" rota tarmac 2s

I don't know what the markup is like on the TLD helmets. I do know that you will want to have them make sure its not back ordered (unless its in stock). TLD gear tends to be back ordered a lot.

I've decided against the Superleggera wheels. I can't spend that much on wheels and tires, but I think I have decided on some Rota wheels and Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s. I read that the Pirelli's that you guys recommended have soft sidewalls and I'd prefer a stiffer sidewall. Here's info on the Michelins.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...um=145WR7PE2XL

click on test graph results for more data
    Last edited by Biggs; 05-11-2005 at 07:42 PM.

LPPTuned, GO BRONZE BABY!!!!!!!
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I Support ClubWRX
    I can go bronze, I think it would look good, but Im addicted to carbon fiber so u think it would work?

I will have to check and see if you have it in stock, Im going to yamaha on saturday to get the right size but they want 390 for the helmet, and it is on your site I think for 325? maybe 368

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.