The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 136

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; It's what PDXTuning recommended for their Stage 2, so I just did it. The price is the same either way, ...

It's what PDXTuning recommended for their Stage 2, so I just did it. The price is the same either way, so I didn't see any reason for them to steer me wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would recomend 1 step colder too for stage 2. Total detonation would be teh suck.. (ask Dallas and my old car )

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    I would recomend 1 step colder too for stage 2. Total detonation would be teh suck.. (ask Dallas and my old car )

Even for Cobb stage 2?

Lightbulb

go with a step colder no matter how big a pain in the ass it is.....the tech at subaru said that he had noticed that all the cars that he had seen with ecu mods had a lean condition in the #4 cyl....he thought that it may have contributed to the bearing failure in our car....which makes sense...when i lost the rod bearing in the civic running nitrous, i noticed that the same hole that lost the bearing had nasty pit marks from detonation and was running lean as hell, course it only took along night of bustin ass in the garage and i was unloadin bottles again, but id like to see someone slap a set of bearings and a head gasket in a suby in a night, do like they said and put in colder plugs!!

some words of wisdom for everyone to remember, from someone who has done it the hard way and spent a ton of money, 1st- i dont care how great you think you butt dyno works, its wrong 2nd- the bad thing about detonation is that when your car runs lean it will usually feel like its running harder, faster, have better throttle response and will spool quicker---all is true and can be a good thing but unless you have a wide band and a tuner in you console your screwed before you know it. and last, the most important thing to remember is----alot of nitrous or boost is like a hot chick with an std --you want to hit but your afraid of the concequences

all out of wisdom for now stay tuned for more b.s. and smartass remarks--PEACE

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, so I am back on the witch hunt for a clean Scoob. I dont care what year. Cheap, low miles, nice and clean. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Ok, so I am back on the witch hunt for a clean Scoob. I dont care what year. Cheap, low miles, nice and clean. Any ideas?
    Ashland Motors still has that white bugeye wagon for sale. You might be able to get the price down lower now that they've had it on their lot for so long. I didn't see the blue sedan though, so they might've sold it.

Then there might still be that yellow sedan on Willamette. I haven't been out that way for a while though.

I Support ClubWRX
    06wrx4me sent me one off craigs list too, its an 02 or 03 I didnt get a chance to look at it much, but body is perfect, its silver with 40k on it and bone stock. $12 grand cheap too.

did you find that sti on craigslist i told you about?--it was super clean

on craigslist 03 bugeye wagon silver with 67k for 13600.00 looks clean

I Support ClubWRX
    I havent actually looked on craigs list yet. My new work computers hardly show pictures if they show pictures at all, firewalled I think. I saw one in eugene, silver sedan 40k miles for 12,000. So I am more than likely going to call on that one.

there an 05 rex in medford for 21000.00 obo
    19,500 miles
    silver
    tinted windows
    premuim package car
    on craiglist

white bugeye 02 55k
    in talent-stock and looks good

white bugeye wagon with exhaust and tint --14500.00
    also in S.O. on craigslist

see if that image works

hell theres lots of options in our area

SWEET i got my taxes done no all i have to do is sit and wait for the direct deposit. i called pdx today, its only like 350.00 for a stg 2 tune, im all over that. time to get a new dp, plugs and some other crap

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw the white sedan, but the silver one is waaay cleaner and for only 12??!

Quote Originally Posted by HONSUBY View Post
    SWEET i got my taxes done no all i have to do is sit and wait for the direct deposit. i called pdx today, its only like 350.00 for a stg 2 tune, im all over that. time to get a new dp, plugs and some other crap

That include dyno time?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    Ashland Motors still has that white bugeye wagon for sale. You might be able to get the price down lower now that they've had it on their lot for so long. I didn't see the blue sedan though, so they might've sold it.

Then there might still be that yellow sedan on Willamette. I haven't been out that way for a while though.
    Blue sedan was sold. White wagon is one of the owners cars, he's owned it since new.