The Official Southern Oregon Thread - Page 131

This is a discussion on The Official Southern Oregon Thread within the North Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX Yea like I said man, a Certified Tech is a Certified Tech. If he works on ...

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Yea like I said man, a Certified Tech is a Certified Tech. If he works on Honda's you can pretty much work on any other Japanese Manufacturers product without much difficulty. Especially with all the books and internet literature a dealership has at its fingertips.
    Don't know that I buy that analogy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What do you do for a living?

Do you honestly know what a Certified Technician goes through to become Certified?

Do you know why I call them Technicians instead of "Shade Tree Mechanics" or Mechanics in general?

Regardless of a CERTIFIED Subaru Tech or not.. Your buddy left IMPORTANT bolts finger tight... Sh!t happens. We will leave it at that.
    Last edited by T0rque; 12-20-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

What do you do for a living?

Do you honestly know what a Certified Technician goes through to become Certified?

Do you know why I call them Technicians instead of "Shade Tree Mechanics" or Mechanics in general?

Regardless of a CERTIFIED Subaru Tech or not.. Your buddy left IMPORTANT bolts finger tight... Sh!t happens. We will leave it at that.
    Maintenance Coordinator- Combined Transport 6+ years.

Assistant Shop Foreman/Over The Road Breakdown Coordinator- Gordon Trucking 5 years.

Night Foreman- Sherman Brothers Trucking 1 year.

Now, what was your question about my qualifications again? I agree Dave messed up. What I don't agree is that a Honda Tech is going to be as good as a Subaru Tech doing Subaru work.
    Last edited by carrman; 12-20-2006 at 11:57 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carrman View Post
    Maintenance Coordinator- Combined Transport 6+ years.

Assistant Shop Foreman/Over The Road Breakdown Coordinator- Gordon Trucking 5 years.

Night Foreman- Sherman Brothers Trucking 1 year.

Now, what was your question about my qualifications again? I agree Dave messed up. What I don't agree is that a Honda Tech is going to be as good as a Subaru Tech doing Subaru work.
    Thanks for your whole work back ground. Didnt really care. I wouldnt have a problem letting a subaru TECH work on any of my cars, not even my Honda. But there is just no way I would let a Mechanic, do anything to any of my cars.

Thanks for your whole work back ground. Didnt really care. I wouldnt have a problem letting a subaru TECH work on any of my cars, not even my Honda. But there is just no way I would let a Mechanic, do anything to any of my cars.

Well I don't care if you wanted it or not. I don't appreciate being talked down to by someone when my career is in the repair profession. I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to, and I don't care who works on YOUR cars. I know who I CAN trust to work on mine, and it sure won't be some Honda mechanic. I concede the fact DHM screwed it up and didn't treat Wade very well, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go along with you saying some TECH is better than a mechanic.
    Last edited by carrman; 12-20-2006 at 01:30 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well thats your opinion and thats fine. I tried to squash it when I said peole make mistakes and you continued so its on you. If you can trust him to work on your cars, thats good, let him. I consider Wade a friend, he helped me out more than once so I owed him a favor and I got him taken care of, Im sorry your friend is at the butt of all the jokes but personally the joke stops at someones safety and thats when **** starts getting real. Personally I could give a dam who you think you are. If your in the repair business and someone claimed to at one point be a Certified Subaru Technician, dont you think he would still be working for Subaru since they make pretty dam good money?

Well thats your opinion and thats fine. I tried to squash it when I said peole make mistakes and you continued so its on you. If you can trust him to work on your cars, thats good, let him. I consider Wade a friend, he helped me out more than once so I owed him a favor and I got him taken care of, Im sorry your friend is at the butt of all the jokes but personally the joke stops at someones safety and thats when **** starts getting real. Personally I could give a dam who you think you are. If your in the repair business and someone claimed to at one point be a Certified Subaru Technician, dont you think he would still be working for Subaru since they make pretty dam good money?
    Not if they don't care for the current dealership owners and can make more money doing it. You know, I had nothing against you until you came on here running Dave into the ground. Now, I can see why you are a Lithia employee.
    Last edited by carrman; 12-20-2006 at 03:52 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not if they don't care for the current dealership owners and can make more money doing it. You know, I had nothing against you until you came on here running Dave into the ground. Now, I can see why you are a Lithia employee.
    Well unfortunately even thru all the other BS youve been talkin I had no problem with you until now. But hey I guess your right I am a Lithia employee, that is stupid of me to choose the best automotive dealership in the nation to work for if I was going to be in the automotive industry.. Yea that was a stupid move on my part.. I can move anywhere in the country I please and still have a job. Plus extremely good employee benefits, discounts on any brand of car parts I want since we pretty much own a dealership with every make out there not to mention the fact that you also get the discount on purchasing the cars as well. But hey I guess since I am an a$$hole I would make a dumb decision to work for a company like that right?? Screw this Im done, Ive tried to prove my point and tried to squash the BS. If you still have a problem with me remember my face and find me.

what does being a Lithia employee have to do with anything? I am a Lithia Employee, my dad is a lithia employee. are we jerks too because we work here? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    what does being a Lithia employee have to do with anything? I am a Lithia Employee, my dad is a lithia employee. are we jerks too because we work here? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense....

Because he's displaying the typical Lithia attitude I've always encountered. I won't set foot on a Lithia lot because of it.

Well unfortunately even thru all the other BS youve been talkin I had no problem with you until now. But hey I guess your right I am a Lithia employee, that is stupid of me to choose the best automotive dealership in the nation to work for if I was going to be in the automotive industry.. Yea that was a stupid move on my part.. I can move anywhere in the country I please and still have a job. Plus extremely good employee benefits, discounts on any brand of car parts I want since we pretty much own a dealership with every make out there not to mention the fact that you also get the discount on purchasing the cars as well. But hey I guess since I am an a$$hole I would make a dumb decision to work for a company like that right?? Screw this Im done, Ive tried to prove my point and tried to squash the BS. If you still have a problem with me remember my face and find me.
    Never said you we're an *******, but I don't take kindly being talked down to by you. You come across like you know everything about everything about mechanics and "techincians" and you don't. We'll have to just agree to disagree here, but don't come in here beating your chest about how wonderful Lithia is, when I've known too many people robbed blind by Sid and company. I will give your svc. dept props though for my friends '02 Honda, and the fact you had a cat in stock and did the repair under warranty. Just stick to the facts about what went wrong, and what went right, and not your opinion about how bad a wrench Dave is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Never said you we're an *******, but I don't take kindly being talked down to by you. You come across like you know everything about everything about mechanics and "techincians" and you don't. We'll have to just agree to disagree here, but don't come in here beating your chest about how wonderful Lithia is, when I've known too many people robbed blind by Sid and company. I will give your svc. dept props though for my friends '02 Honda, and the fact you had a cat in stock and did the repair under warranty. Just stick to the facts about what went wrong, and what went right, and not your opinion about how bad a wrench Dave is.
    That is your opinion. Having a part in stock has nothing to do with Service. That is Parts.. Me.. I never said anything that was false. I stuck to the facts. I never once beat my chest about how great Lithia is. I have been burned several times by the company and I work my ass off for them. I have also been burned by every other car dealership in this valley. What are you going to do but feed there pockets. I never said Dave is a bad wrench, it is just unfortunate he made a mistake on Wade's car and didnt want to fess up to it. I make a mistake and I take care of it, that is just me. I said I was done talkin before, Im done talkin now.

Umm... Yeah. Can't we all just get along?

With the exception of the finger-tight bolts, I didn't really take issue with Dave's work. He did switch the intercooler mount bolts with the bypass valve bolts, but that was easy enough to correct. I do take issue with his lousy customer service skills, and total lack of professionalism. Who smokes in their shop, with someone else's car in it, with all the windows rolled down? I mean really, show a little g*ddamn respect.

My opinion of DHM is, if you drive an old beater Subaru that you don't need fixed right away, go ahead and take it to him. He's already got about 12 of them lined up outside. If you drive anything nicer, take it somewhere else.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im good I have said what I wanted to say so Im done now!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just gauging interest, if I purchased a bunch of flex fit navy blue hats and had the subaru logo embroidered in white on the front, would any of you be interested in one for around $12 ea